Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Stadium Expansion - at last !

3 hours ago, rachhere said:

Ohhhh that's interesting...! I am probably being a bit stupid, but can't quite see how they can expand the stadium as it is with it being a Bowl rather than four separate stands... 

When the stadium, was first designed it was designed with the ability to be upgraded to 40k

• Like 1

First of all...apologies for the duplicated thread everyone. All I can say is that I’ve had a few after work beers and I genuinely missed this thread. 

My emotions are and always have been very mixed with regards to stadium expansion. On the one hand I think it is great news! It’s great that more people will have the opportunity to see leicester play live and it’s also great that the club has the chance to expand in this way generally. 

My only reservation at this stage is that we will lose our ‘home’. I’m sure that like many on here we remember the league one days where crowds of 16,000 were not uncommon. I think at the moment we have a stadium that on its day can produce the atmospehre to rival any other in the world, and I worry that we might lose that with expansion. That being said it could do the opposite if we can fill further expansion, however at the moment we seem to just about struggle to get a full house come match day (with the exception of ‘big games’) so I worry whether there really is the demand. 

But overall, I trust our owners to do the right thing for our club. They’ve not done too bad so far. 

Edited by rn9013

1 minute ago, rn9013 said:

First of all...apologies for the duplicated thread everyone. All I can say is that I’ve had a few after work beers and I genuinely missed this thread. 

My emotions are and always have been very mixed with regards to stadium expansion. On the one hand I think it is great news! It’s great that more people will have the opportunity to see leicester play live and it’s also great that the club has the chance to expand in this way generally. 

My only reservation at this stage is that we will lose our ‘home’. I’m sure that like many on here we remember the league one days where crowds of 16,000 were not uncommon. I think at the moment we have a stadium that on its day can produce the atmospehre to rival any other in the world, and I worry that we might lose that with expansion. That being said it could do the opposite of we can fill further expansion, however at the moment we seem to just about struggle to get a full house come match day (with the exception of ‘big games’) so I worry whether there really is the demand. 

But overall, I trust our owners to do the right thing for our club. They’ve not done too bad so far. 

If we get a good few seasons fighting for European places, it will be full more often than not. Plenty of people I know including myself, never check for match tickets on general sale because it’s nigh on impossible to get 4-6 together. Give us the chance of season tickets and we will jump at the chance.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Strokes said:

If we get a good few seasons fighting for European places, it will be full more often than not. Plenty of people I know including myself, never check for match tickets on general sale because it’s nigh on impossible to get 4-6 together. Give us the chance of season tickets and we will jump at the chance.

And it’s for people like yourself that I’m pleased for. At the end of the day I want to see as many people down the KP as possible, however if were to be relegated next season, or the year after that (both of which are very possible) I would want to know the club will be ok, because I remember a time when we weren’t, as I’m sure many of you do. 

Basically I would have preferred more than one or two mid table seasons before expanding the stadium, but as I have said before I trust in our owners to have done their research. 

21 minutes ago, rn9013 said:

My only reservation at this stage is that we will lose our ‘home’. I’m sure that like many on here we remember the league one days where crowds of 16,000 were not uncommon. I think at the moment we have a stadium that on its day can produce the atmospehre to rival any other in the world, and I worry that we might lose that with expansion. That being said it could do the opposite if we can fill further expansion, however at the moment we seem to just about struggle to get a full house come match day (with the exception of ‘big games’) so I worry whether there really is the demand. 

We had good attendances in league

Highest home attendance 30,542 (vs. Scunthorpe, league, 24 April)
Lowest home attendance 7,386 (vs. Stockport, League Cup, 12 August)
Average home league attendance 20,253

Higher than many of the later years at Filbert ST. 

• Like 1

Good decision. As long as the side stay relatively successful and the pricing is sensible then It's a no brainer. This expansion risk is nothing like any of the previous simply because these Owners have the money and the business acumen.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

We had good attendances in league

Highest home attendance 30,542 (vs. Scunthorpe, league, 24 April)
Lowest home attendance 7,386 (vs. Stockport, League Cup, 12 August)
Average home league attendance 20,253

Higher than many of the later years at Filbert ST. 

Fair point and I’m not arguing with it. 

My point is that stadium expansion is great...as long as we can and continue to maintain our top 10+ Premier league status. My worry is that we won’t necessarily be able to do so (I know we can, but it’s far from guaranteed), and if we can’t then we will quicikly be facing a half full stadium which would be a real shame. 

Of course the other side is that we could use this as a catapult to grow us into a solid top 6/7 side. And as I’ve said, I trust our owners to do the right thing. 

Great news, we won’t be getting relegated for a good while imo. We aren’t as bad as the bottom half in this league. We are a Top 10 club imo, we have outgrown our capacity 32,000 is not sustainable anymore, we need a bigger ground.

Looking forward to seeing the development plans.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

I think you're being unnecessarily negative.

The Club are probably paying appropriate wages for the bulk of the squad - "stupid" money is rather overdramatizing the situation.

It's catastrophising (to an extent, anyway) in suggesting a drop into the second tier is anything like a possibility. I trust the Sris have learned their lesson regarding expensive and ill-advised hiring of players who weren't priorities.

I'm confident that an increase in seating - given Leicester's current popularity, would quickly produce a revenue return of several £m per annum.

Perhaps the only hint of conspicuous and irrelevant spending might be the training ground. But I suspect that a caucus of management in the hierarchy believe it to be necessary - possibly not for reasons actually related to training as much as convenience and upgrading of 'tired' facilities.

The financial stability of the Club is significantly different to that which existed in 2002. I think it's the ideal time to concentrate on enhancing the Club's image away from the team itself. 

You probably need to read the thread.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

That's why there's parachute payments now, to prevent what happened to the likes of Bradford and Leeds

Plenty of teams have gone down with parachute payments and still had to slash costs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Livid said:

Great news and needed but just a little anxious, I still remember how moving to the Walkers was coupled with relegation and admin.

Hopefully we have a decent summer and kick on as a team.

A very large loan/mortgage was required for the new stadium on Freeman's Wharf. I don't think that King Power will be requiring a loan.

1 hour ago, rn9013 said:

I remember when we first moved into the KP.. a lot of people said we would never create a decent atmosphere in a ‘lifeless’ stadium. It will happen, if the fans want it to happen.

There is no atmosphere because people can't be arsed half the time, simple as that. Grounds full week in week out and the atmosphere has died. A few empty seats isn't going to make it worse... another 10,000 people for half the games a season might booody improve it though.

• Like 4