Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Stadium Expansion - at last !

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I'll be buying 3. Was a season ticket holder for years, stopped for a while whilst i studied with the OU then had my daughter and now can't get one so more than welcome news, can't come soon enough. Didn't we have 45k at Filbert St when it was standing?

We went and won the league right as I should have been revising for my ou exam, 6 years study and then that lolnearly blew away my degree celebrating instead of revising. God knows how I passed lol 

Cost me a fortune in lost productivity as I barely worked for a week or two after as well. lol 

• Like 1

I can imagine another area the owners will want to explore is the day trippers. Some of the prices being charged for a ticket and hospitality for Liverpool/Utd/Chelsea etc are ridiculous. They must sell them however, and this in turn creates more revenue. More revenue = better players for us regulars. 

16 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The stigma of ‘empty seats’ needs throwing in the bin. Isn’t it better to have a stadium which could hold more than a stadium which doesn’t ? I hear this with Man City a lot. It’s better for them to have a stadium what will sell out at 55k against Man U than 45k. If this means 10k empty seats for cup games etc, that’s it means. 

We will fill 40k for big clubs. Probably sell another few thousand season tickets too. For the games against the lower teams it’s up to the club sensibly price and attract the next generation. 

Just because we’ve been a few hundred under 32k this season doesn’t mean the seats won’t be filled. 

Adding to this I suspect a larger stadium means more tickets at the cheaper price bracket 

Spot on buddy. I'd love to be able to just go online and get tickets for a game and not have to wait till it's gone through all the stupid priority phases, Iv'e stopped looking, I need 3 seats together for me and my 2 lads no way in the world do I want to get to the ground and then we head off in different directions to singles seats we travel down  from Alfreton .

Edited by Bozman
same word
  • Like 2

Old picture,but driving up Aylestone road noticed all trees , shrubs area at bottom of picture are now clear? Granted temporary car park has been open a while but seems more open now? 

I can them building something grand , on area leading towards main road. Some how incorporating an indoor area . 

Our owners are flash ? 

It isn’t going to be a little tier on top . Just can’t see it . 

Won’t have facilities which we lack? I see our owners roll with  royalty lol jets, helicopters, polo race horses ,Bentleys etc 

Think bigger. Much bigger this will be there stamp..

They don’t want us to be little leicester city anymore!

80C207F5-2EE9-4A22-ACCF-FCA9B96DA32F.jpeg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

I can imagine another area the owners will want to explore is the day trippers. Some of the prices being charged for a ticket and hospitality for Liverpool/Utd/Chelsea etc are ridiculous. They must sell them however, and this in turn creates more revenue. More revenue = better players for us regulars. 

Ticket sales are such a small part of our income now, it won't make a huge difference.

• Like 3

Assuming west stand is developed they'll want another row (or 2) of exec boxes between the existing stand and new tier on top. Corporates is the real revenue generator. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RGFox said:

Assuming west stand is developed they'll want another row (or 2) of exec boxes between the existing stand and new tier on top. Corporates is the real revenue generator. 

Yeah definitely. There seems to be demand as well with most hospitality packages selling out every week. Every now and again some Fosse club seats are released for sale but most of the time it is all sold out. 

I'm not against expansion of hospitality though, as long as it is in proportion to the expansion for us regular fans. 

13 minutes ago, crisp packet said:

Old picture,but driving up Aylestone road noticed all trees , shrubs area at bottom of picture are now clear? Granted temporary car park has been open a while but seems more open now? 

I can them building something grand , on area leading towards main road. Some how incorporating an indoor area . 

Our owners are flash ? 

It isn’t going to be a little tier on top . Just can’t see it . 

Won’t have facilities which we lack? I see our owners roll with  royalty lol jets, helicopters, polo race horses ,Bentleys etc 

Think bigger. Much bigger this will be there stamp..

They don’t want us to be little leicester city anymore!

80C207F5-2EE9-4A22-ACCF-FCA9B96DA32F.jpeg

I suspect a big East Stand development to match the main stand with a new imposing entrance that can be seen on approach including improved parking for the Exec, players and honoured guest this side as well.

16 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Expect Leicester City Council to make this as difficult as possible.

Soulsby is not stupid. The city benefits from the club's high profile. I can see some sort of deal to enable park and ride using the Braunstone park and ride site and the train line that runs direct from there and past the stadium. Soulsby is on record that the Ivanhoe line should be reopened. My only reservation is it runs right past the bottom of my garden!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

I suspect a big East Stand development to match the main stand with a new imposing entrance that can be seen on approach including improved parking for the Exec, players and honoured guest this side as well.

I agree,  too many thinking like the Gang of Four still own us? 

FFP slowed our progress to an extent. Our title success and euro run prize funds have moved these forward a lot . Hence training ground announcement .. 

Exciting times!

Cup games have shown demand is still there . Not many season ticket holders attended.

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

I'll be buying 3. Was a season ticket holder for years, stopped for a while whilst i studied with the OU then had my daughter and now can't get one so more than welcome news, can't come soon enough. Didn't we have 45k at Filbert St when it was standing?

A lot of people will be in a similar boat to us. It's all very well some people being unbelievably negative about the expansion and moaning that there are still single seats available in a lot of games thus demand is satisfied.

People like you and I and many others will see this as an opportunity to get ST's with friends and family whilst we can as we can't do that now. My kids are always wanting to come but can't because I'm only a member myself and can only get a single ticket in the league matches, they have however been to every home cup match apart from Chelsea when I couldn't get tickets together.

We have the population to support a 50,000 stadium or more but we need to become a culture that turn up to watch their football team and this helps.

24 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Ticket sales are such a small part of our income now, it won't make a huge difference.

True, but at £200 plus it will do. Check out Liverpool’s website regarding the stadium improvements they’ve made there.

2 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Soulsby is not stupid. The city benefits from the club's high profile. I can see some sort of deal to enable park and ride using the Braunstone park and ride site and the train line that runs direct from there and past the stadium. Soulsby is on record that the Ivanhoe line should be reopened. My only reservation is it runs right past the bottom of my garden!

Agree, the money that comes into the city, pubs, restaurants ect... on match days as well must be huge. Businesses won't want the club out the city, it's in everyone's interest that we stay in the city. I should imagine the club and council will be working closely together to make sure any issues that could arrise are smoothly ironed out.

1 minute ago, jonthefox said:

True, but at £200 plus it will do. Check out Liverpool’s website regarding the stadium improvements they’ve made there.

I don't know the latest figures but in 2014/15 it was around £10 million a season. Let's say its £15 million now, a 25% increase in capacity will earn around £3.75 million, that's not even Vardy's wages and that's before you service the debt or pay the extra expenses. From a financial POV its probably not a great idea but it proves how generous our owners are ( or having a bigger stadium boosts their ego)

As fans we have nothing to complain about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

As the Stadium as owned by King Power Holding I would imagine the money is coming from King Power and not from LCFC.

They are not daft!....

Let’s be honest the cost of expansion will likely be a tax write off coming from King Power rather than Lcfc.

As you say, our owners are very good businessmen, they know what they’re doing. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I don't know the latest figures but in 2014/15 it was around £10 million a season. Let's say its £15 million now, a 25% increase in capacity will earn around £3.75 million, that's not even Vardy's wages and that's before you service the debt or pay the extra expenses. From a financial POV its probably not a great idea but it proves how generous our owners are ( or having a bigger stadium boosts their ego)

As fans we have nothing to complain about.

I agree with you in principle Webbo but there’s going to be a corporate side to it and that will generate money, alongside the ticketing sale. Won’t make a dent mind. But adds to the ‘prestige of it all’

• Like 1