Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Stadium Expansion - at last !

Some decent food in the concourses would be good. I watched my friend pay about a fiver or so for a double burger and it looked horrific. The newer pies in the little beer section are really good. I think some decent food would be good. 

Just now, Christoph said:

Some decent food in the concourses would be good. I watched my friend pay about a fiver or so for a double burger and it looked horrific. The newer pies in the little beer section are really good. I think some decent food would be good. 

I believe their current food/drinks supplier has many years left on their contract so not likely to happen any time soon.

The best bet is for them to provide food outlets outside the ground.

1 minute ago, Christoph said:

I *think* the food will improve in time. We are tied into a 10 year contract with the current caterers which runs out in a year or two. More and more clubs are now subbing out catering to individual outlets rather than one company for the whole stadium. By having different offerings at each kiosk you should improve quality and reduce price.

The hot dogs and burgers are absymal. Forest gave away their unused food to the homeless when their game was postponed last week - I doubt even the most starving hobo would eat one of our burgers!

The new sausage rolls with stilton are nice but £4 for a sausage roll is a bit steep.

Hopefully these things will improve with or without the stadium expansion

49 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But do more and more empty seats contribute to a worse atmosphere? Yes, they do. 

Not necessarily. Across the globe the "atmosphere" at the vast majority of grounds comes from 1 or maybe 2 key areas. As long as those areas are packed out with guys and girls who are there to make the noise, then pockets of empty seats elsewhere makes very little difference. Take the best known "atmosphere" in football at Dortmund, the Südtribüne is packed with people of the same mind set, they aren't worried about empty seats in their main stand or their family stand. 

From personal experience, Bundesliga 2 games have brilliant "atmosphere" and there are literally whole blocks or even whole stands that are empty. Best example from personal experience would be Fortuna Dusseldorf, capacity of 54,600. It must have been half full yet because they had 10 thousand stood behind the goal with the same mindset, it was fantastic. 

Yes, if you're sat in the empty areas then of course it would be shite, but if you're there I'd argue you're not at the football for the atmosphere in the first place you're there for other reasons which is 100% fine of course. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Not necessarily. Across the globe the "atmosphere" at the vast majority of grounds comes from 1 or maybe 2 key areas. As long as those areas are packed out with guys and girls who are there to make the noise, then pockets of empty seats elsewhere makes very little difference. Take the best known "atmosphere" in football at Dortmund, the Südtribüne is packed with people of the same mind set, they aren't worried about empty seats in their main stand or their family stand. 

From personal experience, Bundesliga 2 games have brilliant "atmosphere" and there are literally whole blocks or even whole stands that are empty. Best example from personal experience would be Fortuna Dusseldorf, capacity of 54,600. It must have been half full yet because they had 10 thousand stood behind the goal with the same mindset, it was fantastic. 

Yes, if you're sat in the empty areas then of course it would be shite, but if you're there I'd argue you're not at the football for the atmosphere in the first place you're there for other reasons which is 100% fine of course. 

Again, nobody said it was impossible to have a good atmosphere with empty seats. 

Only that empty seats cannot contribute to a good one. 

The atmosphere in Dusseldorf might have been great DESPITE having a half full stadium but imagine how good it would be if it was packed, as long as those fans who were creating the noise still got a ticket.

You seem to be desperate to argue the you can still make noise in an empty ground when nobody has really argued otherwise. 

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Again, nobody said it was impossible to have a good atmosphere with empty seats. 

Only that empty seats cannot contribute to a good one. 

The atmosphere in Dusseldorf might have been great DESPITE having a half full stadium but imagine how good it would be if it was packed, as long as those fans who were creating the noise still got a ticket.

You seem to be desperate to argue the you can still make noise in an empty ground when nobody has really argued otherwise. 

No, I was stating that the point that you made that empty seats actively detract from the noise isn't true. 

And yes, the noise at Dusseldorf might have been even better if those seats were filled but only if the people filling them were there to contribute, which is a whole other discussion. 

On 4/7/2018 at 14:48, urban.spaceman said:

Turn the Old Filbert Street site into a fan village, with a scaled down replica of the old stadium that people can watch holograms of classic matches at.

Statue of Wes & Claudio with the PL trophy.

I read that as Hooligan's first time...lol

So does a 32,000 crowd in a 32,000 seat stadium make more noise than a 32,000 crowd in a 42,000 seat stadium ??

What's the obsession with empty seats other than looking rubbish of the telly (not that we would care as we'll all be able to go now, won't we ??)

I don't get the argument.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

So were the girls asking before the Southampton game where I’d travelled from and parked linked to expanding the stadium?

Who were they ?? Club survey ?? I suppose it will be all part of the case for Planning consent as travel will be a big sticking point.

2 hours ago, ThurmastonFox said:

So were the girls asking before the Southampton game where I’d travelled from and parked linked to expanding the stadium?

Most probably that, I saw a few looking to make eye contact with someone, I usually walk on by, like the ones you get in city centres.

Trying to asses the impact of X number of extra fans and what percentage will use public transport or cars on top of those that already do.

26 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Hold back on the expansion, empty seats everywhere yesterday.

Midweek, rescheduled, late kick off with nothing to play for? Something like all but 200 tickets were sold yesterday.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Midweek, rescheduled, late kick off with nothing to play for? Something like all but 200 tickets were sold yesterday.

So you’re  saying it was 200 off being a sell out? Hundreds of seats empty all around the ground, demand has gone. I couldn’t even give my ticket away last night. 

20 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

So you’re  saying it was 200 off being a sell out? Hundreds of seats empty all around the ground, demand has gone. I couldn’t even give my ticket away last night. 

Yeah I am, I was going to grab a ticket yesterday and looked about 4 hours before KO, before I realised I couldn't go. West Stand was more or less entirely sold out (bar maybe like 5 seats), East Stand had something like 20-40 available seats, Kop had something like 80 going and the Family Stand a lot more than the rest (maybe like 100-150 or so, didn't count). Apparently 31,160 went, so it's not a massive leap to say a few hundred missed it because of the heat, and the rest of the tickets didn't sell.

Edited by Beechey

9 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Surely you acknowledge though that demand in part has waned because tickets are only openly on sale three/four days before the game. And tbh Southampton isn’t gonna be a draw anyway. 

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Surely you acknowledge though that demand in part has waned because tickets are only openly on sale three/four days before the game. And tbh Southampton isn’t gonna be a draw anyway. 

We aren’t going to draw in fans playing like we are! 

I have a season ticket ticket and don’t look forward to games because how we are playing! 

3 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

We aren’t going to draw in fans playing like we are! 

I have a season ticket ticket and don’t look forward to games because how we are playing! 

We could play like worst ever PL season Derby and we’d still sell 40,000 for the top six teams. 

Managers/players come and go. Opposition keep their status regardless. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

9 hours ago, Jam orton said:

My mate went on the legends tour around the ground last week. Was told the ground will eventually have a capacity of 50,000 !

That sounds ambitious but promising long term

would love to see it increased to about 40’000 initially and see how we go