Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Larry_LCFC

Puel In or Out - A simple Poll

Puel In or Out?  

707 members have voted

1. 1. Puel In or Out?

• In
    • Out

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Ridiculous, plenty managers better than him about who play far more attractive football.

Big Sam? Pardew? Who? The leagues' playing musical chairs with managers and frankly I'm tired of seeing it.

Too many players in the squad are on a downwards spiral when it comes to where they are in their careers.  You can't go on what's come before either to compare.  It is what it is now and none of that is Puel's fault.  He's a victim of circumstance at the moment.

He deserves a chance to change things around and break up the remains of the old guard when it comes to the success of two years ago.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778

I’m surprised the poll is as close as it is. We just need to sort the home form out, I don’t think he’s a bad manager at all and I’d wait to see what he can do next season. Changing a manager is no guarantee of success or even improvement. 

Just now, seanfox778 said:

I’m surprised the poll is as close as it is. We just need to sort the home form out, I don’t think he’s a bad manager at all and I’d wait to see what he can do next season. Changing a manager is no guarantee of success or even improvement. 

What did you expect with such a crap poll just after 2-0 loss at home?

Guest seanfox778
Just now, ZeGuy said:

What did you expect with such a crap poll just after 2-0 loss at home?

True. Haha.

Are people seriously still talking about two years ago, half the side has been moved on or at best play much less frequently, Morgan’s clearly aged and Simpson was only ever a there to perform a function, you stick him in villas side that season he’d of got relegated. Appreciate the job he did but it was a basic one, he’s not a player who’s going to have much influence on your teams overall Performance.

9th in the league at home, 7th in the league away.

2016/17: 52.6% win rate at home

2017/18 (under Puel): 41.66% win rate at home

2016/17: 10.5% win rate away from home

2017/18 (under Puel): 36.4% win rate away from home

I know which I'd rather have if choosing between 2016/17 and 2017/18 under Puel: the one that has us winning more games.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

Just now, Lovejoy said:

If we sack Puel and get relegated next season it would serve our wanky fans right. We're 8th ffs, having been a yoyo team all my life, this is decent. Time for a few to dust off their Man Utd and Liverpool shirts from a few years ago if they think Leicester City being 8th isn't good.

Good post this and very sensible 

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Out.

I think we are seeing the real Puel now since January, and it's awful. I'm bored watching us and I doubt our owners will be too impressed either. 

Our home form both in performances and results is embarrassing, unacceptable.

I did wonder why on earth Southampton dismissed him and we can see why now.

If we keep him, we'll lose Vardy in the summer and get relegated; we are another Southampton/West Brom in waiting. 

He has to be sacked at the end of the season. 

This sums my thoughts up. 

Keeping him is a gamble based on an assumption that the reason the team isn't performing is because the players don't fit Puel's tactical style and we'll do better once he gets some players of his choosing in the summer, with our history in the transfer market over the past couple of seasons I don't hold much hope in that regard. He doesn't seem like a motivational figure, he doesn't seem to have a clue when it comes to team selections and some of his substitutions have been absolutely baffling. 

1 minute ago, Lovejoy said:

having been a yoyo team all my life, this is decent. 

I utterly agree with your post, but the above bit is pushing it.

I'm 47 and we've not even been as good as a yo-yo team most of my adult life.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, richardsfoxes said:

We need improvements in so many positions if we want to compete next season, i just hope with the money spent on the training ground/stadium expansion it doesn't affect our transfer budget. 

Can’t see them scrimping on players...   they have big plans full stop ...   and perhaps just 3 key players could turn this team into a formidable team ...    :thumbup:

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Stupid Poll. Massive overreaction.   Judge him after the summer Transfer window and 15 games.  Then we can get in who?  Pardew?  Pulis? Big Sam?

Get real and calm down.  Yes,  we need to replace a few players including Wes.  

Would love us to get Pulis in just to see how people react when we go back to shit hoofball. I suppose results wouldnt matter cus he can speak clear english.

Edited by lgfualol
  • Like 2

We must genuinely be the only set of fans in the country that dont want a team that tries to pass the ball.

OF COURSE its not going as well as it could be going right now. Performances are patchy. Home results are patchy.

And i would say its the home form that has given rise to this wave of people questionning the manager. People who simply expect us to win at home against everyone.

We are still in a good league position, and we need players in. Its simple.

Changing the manager will not guarantee anything. Change the manager to someone akin to Shakespeare, were going to get much worse.

Theres still no reason for me not to fully back Puel and back what he wants to do here.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Donut said:

We must genuinely be the only set of fans in the country that dont want a team that tries to pass the ball.

OF COURSE its not going as well as it could be going right now. Performances are patchy. Home results are patchy.

And i would say its the home form that has given rise to this wave of people questionning the manager. People who simply expect us to win at home against everyone.

We are still in a good league position, and we need players in. Its simple.

Changing the manager will not guarantee anything. Change the manager to someone akin to Shakespeare, were going to get much worse.

Theres still no reason for me not to fully back Puel and back what he wants to do here.

Mate, but Adam, Henry and Bill from FoxesTalk can't understand him in his press conferences, so that's reason enough for me. Sack him. In the bin.

Get Allardyce in. Real English pashun. Instead of free beers, we'll be getting free pints of gravy instead.

Edited by Beechey

imagine if we had Allardyce though lol. Has anyone seen his comments about the Everton fans today? Basically just writes off all the fans cos they're not 'professionals'. 

And when questioned on the supposed doubters among the Everton fanbase, Allardyce hit back.

He said: “Where are the doubters?

“Have you been looking at Twitter again? And Facebook? Your lives are really run by Facebook, Twitter and Instagram far too much.

“You’re professional journalists you shouldn’t be listening to speculating unprofessionals, which is what you are doing to get your stories.

Be real and say that there are a few who are complaining and speculating that my reign at the end of the season is going to not be here on many points.

“You create the stir but for me that’s only a small minority and that’s what we live with.

“I understand it but until Farhad (Moshiri) rings me up and says ‘Sam we don’t want you anymore’ then I’m not wanted anymore.

”When everyone else says I’m not wanted or going to be changed then I don’t listen.”

We can be disappointed with performances but facts are facts - we are 8th in the premier league which is a good season for us and certainly enough for Puel to have earned enough time to continue his vision.

I think that we are a team in transition and we won't be the finished Puel article until next season at least.  I am sure that what we are seeing on the pitch now is not what Puel is asking from his team.

Too many judging him too early and too harshly.

If you're not convinced, Pelligrino and Pardew are looking for new a new job....?

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Makes no sense to boot him out this early when we don't really know how good or bad he is. I'm surprised fans are so hungry for more upheaval.

I assume you don’t/haven’t attend matches recently then? (I don’t mean to sound sarcastic) I’ve had a season ticket now for 27 years I travel 121 miles each way to watch it and for the first time in many seasons (and I was there for the League one dross) I don’t want to go, I sat at 35 mins stadium silent and I looked around. People were looking at the sky, yawning, arms folded and we were passing across the pitch for the umpteenth time and then back to Casper

Watford, Stoke, Swansea, BOurnemouth, Newcastle all should have been wins and it was like watching paint dry

we are talking about increasing capacity don’t bother because at this rate people will stop going 

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

Out, but at the end of the season. No point now, our season is finished anyway.

Nah Sack him now and put Appleton in charge till the summer. Think we have more chance of winning a few games for the rest of the season with Appleton rather than Puel. And gives us more time to seek a replacement. I know it won't happen but he should be gone on monday.  The owners aren't stupid and they will know we are playing crap and I'm sure the boos will have been noticed by them. I don't want us to keep changing managers as that is no good for stability but I also don't want a manager who clearly doesnt learn from previous mistakes and doesn't seem to have a clue how to get us playing good football. As others have said, 1 shot at home to Newcastle is pathetic. Get him gone now I say! 

The team is ponderous and has been at home for some time with no improvements no matter who is playing in the ever changing side.

Under managers in the past who were trying to change things you could see what was trying to be achieved but sitting and watching this dismal dross match after match has left me with serious doubts about letting this manager have a splurge in the summer, I'd rather see us tempt Benitez away from Newcastle which is what I was kind of hoping for before we signed up Shakey for the long term.

I do wonder if those saying we are in a healthy league position actually go down and watch us play at home every game because this is some of the worst crap I have seen for sometime and I am worried about staying up next season.

Our home performances in the league are really stinking out the Kingpower these days, which is a shame since he actually had us playing better when he first arrived before the team hit a reverse gear.

• Like 1

I'm not at all encouraged by results and performances. I think we look lacking in energy, spirit and ideas every single match recently. We're not creating anything close to enough chances (it's thoroughly embarrassing, actually), and I can't see any sign of improvement. In fact, we're definitely a lot worse than we were earlier in the season under Puel. It seems like the longer he has to put his stamp on the team, the worse the team gets.

However, since we're not in danger of being relegated, and I do agree with people who say there's far too much chopping and changing in modern football, I'm willing to see if a summer transfer window could fix things. Maybe the one problem is that Puel does not have the players he needs for what he wants to do.

I actually think any decent manager would get this squad performing a lot better than he is, simply by sacrificing their preferred style temporarily and getting the players he's been given to do whatever suits them best. He's clearly not doing that, whether it's because he's not capable or because he's too stupid to realise that's the best thing for him to do in this situation, but if Puel getting in some players who suit his style is the one thing that can turn the ship around, then maybe we should have patience.

I can't see it happening myself. As I say, I think any skilled manager would be getting a lot more out of this squad, and because of this, I suspect Puel must be either very stubborn or stupid. I think it will be a very important transfer window, with Mahrez leaving, and possibly Vardy (who surely cannot be happy with the manager's style), too, so key players will have to be replaced on top of strengthening both full back positions, central defence and a No. 10 at the very least. It's a tough ask, and I doubt Puel will be up to the task.

I hope I am proven wrong. At least we are currently able to afford the luxury of giving a manager time. Thanks for a nothing season for once.