Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Balotelli would be sweet. The guy is a card

Hopefully Silva will improve so we dont need to get Wilshere in

Would take Milner as a slight upgrade on Amartey

Bring in Buffon for one glorious season to show Kasper a ting or two

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Balotelli would be sweet. The guy is a card

Hopefully Silva will improve so we dont need to get Wilshere in

Would take Milner as a slight upgrade on Amartey

Bring in Buffon for one glorious season to show Kasper a ting or two

Out of those four I would only take Balotelli and Milner.

Balotelli is a different type of Striker from Vardy and while his game doesn't depend on pace, he can score different types of goal, inside and outside of the box. He is excellent on penalties.

Milner despite his age is very good and a hard worker. He would improve any mid table team in the prem.

Edited by TheHitman™

Yaya Toure. Sensible (!?) comments only please. 

My initial reaction was a great big no..., but...

34 years old, multi trophy winning midfielder. Never been particularly dynamic or box to box, but has been quality. 

Will sign a one year deal, and will pay back wages if club not happy with his performances. 

Not going to World Cup so will be less knackered than he would be otherwise. 

Worth a punt. 

Well it got moved in here...

And no specific link, but he is desperate to stay in the PL and his options would be limited to a club like us or Everton, I assume. 

On 04/05/2018 at 15:03, StanSP said:

Is Yaya Toure too unrealistic a target for us...?

I read on Sky earlier that he wants to stay in England and willing to give half his wages back if he doesn't impress. He sounds hungry and physically fit. I'd take him for a year, Wilf would learn plenty from him too

7 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Normally I wouldn't approve, but I quite like the idea of Yaya Toure for a year.

I wasn't interested but his statement about giving back half his wage if the club is unhappy with his performances, certainly shows how determined he seems to make an impact somewhere else.

He states he wants to stay in the Premier League and other than probably Everton, I'd say we are realistically the next best club outside the top 6 he could go to. 

It depends on what happens with Puel. If he stays then Toure is the kind of player that would suit his approach, otherwise a change in Manager could mean a switch back to intensive and high pressing, which I think Toure would struggle with. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, les-tah said:

If you think Yaya wants to play in front of Wes Morgan then your dreaming. 

He says he will definitely stay in the Premier League..

What club outside the top 6 will touch him? Even a club like us would be taking a punt on him at 35 and high wages. 

Everton, us, West Ham and maybe Newcastle if they get a new owner, are the only likely destinations for him in my opinion. 

23 minutes ago, les-tah said:

If you think Yaya wants to play in front of Wes Morgan then your dreaming. 

Whenever I’ve seen Yaya this season he seems to have the mobility of a large fridge freezer no thanks!

Yaya Toure. So his career has ended at city, aged 34 but he's adamant he has 2 seasons left in him at this level, where do you think he will go? He's said he wants to play in the premier league. 

Would any of the top 4 take him realistically? do they need him? 

9 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

See this was my initial thought, but surely he wont touch them with a barge pole unless they sack Sam?

If Everton could be in the frame, surely we could?

Potentially. Sounds mad but I wouldn’t want him here - I’m more than happy taking Iborra, Wilf, Hamza, Silva and one other in to next season, but I don’t think he should be that ‘one’.