Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

James Mccarthur on a free? offload James, King and possibly Mendy if he isnt in Puels plans. He's an upgrade on all 3 for certain and is 30 years old so has a few years in his legs. He's reportedly being approached by Cardiff which would probably guarantee him football though so that could be a better move for him.

• Haha 1

Butland

Pereira  Maguire  Mawson  Chilwell

Ndidi  Silva

Diabate  No. 10  Gray

Vardy/Iheanacho

So if we didn't go crazy and went in to the start of the season something like the above (with a decent number 10) what do people think our chances would be?

X

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Butland

Pereira  Maguire  Mawson  Chilwell

Ndidi  Silva

Diabate  No. 10  Gray

Vardy/Iheanacho

So if we didn't go crazy and went in to the start of the season something like the above (with a decent number 10) what do people think our chances would be?

X

Not go crazy? How much do you think Butland, Mawson, Pereira and a top no.10 will cost? :sweating:

I do think we will probably have to spend around £100 million this window though, but that will be offset by £60-70 million for Mahrez of course.

I like your suggestions although Butland being heavily linked to Liverpool today, otherwise I think we could get him. 

I'd also like another winger and a big lump no.9 to come on and win some headers and give us a Plan B when needed. 

With the team you suggested and a decent no.10, I think we would be comfortable top 10 again and hopefully pushing 7th. 

The average age of the team is what really excites me with that line-up! 

Edited by STUHILL
  • Like 1

If Puel is to leave at the end of the season, considering the money we have wasted on Musa,Mendy,Slimani.

And have spent decent cash on Iheanacho and Silva.

Would the club be more wise this time around to spend big on a manager, for example Simeone for £5 Million a year for 3 years and promise him X amount each summer for Transfers.

And get a proper high class manager, who will demand respect and commitment from the off, and will be able to attract players of quality who will want to play under their leadership, with the intention of European Qualification wether that be league position or Cup competition?

2 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

If Puel is to leave at the end of the season, considering the money we have wasted on Musa,Mendy,Slimani.

Would the club be more wise this time around to spend big on a manager, for example Simeone for £5 Million a year for 3 years and promise him X amount each summer for Transfers.

And get a proper high class manager, who will demand respect and commitment from the off, and will be able to attract players of quality who will want to play under their leadership, with the intention of European Qualification wether that be league position or Cup competition?

I really dont get the obsession with Simeone. Why would he come to a club who sack managers like there is not tomorrow and when he manages a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE team. Atletico are levels above us in terms of quality yet people believe we can get their manager.  

12 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

He's not coming here man and especially not for £5m a year. He earns more than that already and why would he give up life in Madrid to come to Leicester? If he leaves Atletico it will be for a top club.

• Like 1

I get what your all saying above, I only mentioned Simeone as an example.

I don’t think he would come here either, I’m just using his name as the type of quality manager we should try and get for a change.

And if that’s paying big wages and promising a high transfer budget to temp them is that the what we should try.

Instead of going for the lesser managers if Puel loses his job that usually get banded about like Hughes/Pardew/Pulis etc,

We have took gambles on Puel, Pearson, Ranieri at the time or untried Shakey Some worked and some didn’t.

Is it not time with stadium expansion and training ground development, stop the current managerial changes of late and get a top top quality manager in and lead us through our next development as a club who also has  some clout in the transfer market.

• Like 1

I’d like us to invest in some proven premier league players. Most of our business seems to be on unproven/unknown foreign players. I know Mahrez/Kante were possibly the best business in premier league history but we’ve also wasted millions. 

Id like us go for players like Butland, Evans, Shaqiri and then maybe a few young unknown foreign lads.

39 minutes ago, Smiffy Fox said:

I’d like us to invest in some proven premier league players. Most of our business seems to be on unproven/unknown foreign players. I know Mahrez/Kante were possibly the best business in premier league history but we’ve also wasted millions. 

Id like us go for players like Butland, Evans, Shaqiri and then maybe a few young unknown foreign lads.

Proven relegated players? Two of them have terrible attitudes and butland is still prone to mistakes. "Proven" doesn't guarantee anything. It makes zero difference where they are from. We have just invested in dross. As well as a summer of Rudkin/Shakespeare signing off on players. We had no hope.

Gross at Brighton came in from a relegated Bundesliga side and has had a great season. 

12 minutes ago, tiredclimb said:

Proven relegated players? Two of them have terrible attitudes and butland is still prone to mistakes. "Proven" doesn't guarantee anything. It makes zero difference where they are from. We have just invested in dross. As well as a summer of Rudkin/Shakespeare signing off on players. We had no hope.

Gross at Brighton came in from a relegated Bundesliga side and has had a great season. 

Harry Maguire was relegated with Hull and he’s done ok. I just think that players playing in this league already fit in a lot quicker. Look at the silva situation, no doubt he’s a good player and I know waiting around for half a season doesn’t help, but his 1st decent game was in May!  You can’t expect to go and sign 6 or 7 players with no premier league experience, for them to come in and make a difference straight away. Just look at signings we made after winning the league, no premier league experience and and have all left the club except N’Didi. It’s about getting the right balance and experience in.

1 hour ago, Smiffy Fox said:

Harry Maguire was relegated with Hull and he’s done ok. I just think that players playing in this league already fit in a lot quicker. Look at the silva situation, no doubt he’s a good player and I know waiting around for half a season doesn’t help, but his 1st decent game was in May!  You can’t expect to go and sign 6 or 7 players with no premier league experience, for them to come in and make a difference straight away. Just look at signings we made after winning the league, no premier league experience and and have all left the club except N’Didi. It’s about getting the right balance and experience in.

I see what you're saying about Maguire but is one season in a struggling side really counted as proven now? There have been plenty of examples of players moving within the league and performing badly. The silva situation comes back to our recruitment being bad though. He might come good eventually but he clearly wasn't scouted properly or with purpose (a style of play in mind). Man City have done alright with a good chunk of "unproven" players this season.  I fear we would just end up like an alardyce/Warnock team of old lumpers if we just go for players with Premier league experience. Our signings since 2016 have been mostly terrible yes but that's because we have brought in substandard players with no real common theme to the recruitment. It hasn't at any point looked like we were buying in players to play a certain type of football. Just a lot of square pegs for round holes. Like multiple number 9's to fill a number 10 spot...

• Like 1

It's been suggested in the papers that we are going to have a very active summer. I imagine it's mainly going to be players out though as I think it's important to give some of our young players a chance. Hamza and Diabate in recent weeks have done very well and should keep their places in the first team squad. I'd hope we see Barnes and Thomas getting more of a run out next season too. Maybe some others who haven't yet come through too.

OUTS

- King

- Slimani (I like him but think he's gone).

- Musa

- Kaputska (might be worth another shot?)

- Ulloa

- Huth (already confirmed)

- Mahrez 

- Benny

- INS

- Ricardo Pereira (Porto Right Back, think this is already a done deal)

- Aleksandr Dragovic (make it a permanent deal)

- Johnny Evans / Ben Gibson / Alfie Mawson (only one of these three)

- Mohamed Elyounoussi (Basel Winger)

- Xhedran Shaqiri 

If Mahrez goes, then we need a replacement. Elyounoussi is one we've been linked with, but at 15M I think Shaqiri is worth a shot. Proven in the league and though inconsistent, he's the type of player that can win you a match even if you've played badly. His wages would be expensive, but he's probably on less than Mahrez currently gets. He's obviously not as good, but if you can have him for the same price as we paid for Musa, then I'd say that's a great deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are even more ins and outs than these though, especially if we change our manager. 

Edited by StriderHiryu

Absolute minimum is a RB and a CB.

Ideally, we also need a CM, LB, winger, no.10 and a big lump striker too as an option from the bench - maybe even a keeper too! 

It's going to be a huge window for us and I hope we are ambitious and ruthless enough to move players on and spend big on quality players.