Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

8 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Just a thought, we bid £40m for Sigurdsson last year, could we see a similar bid for a no.10 this summer? 

Depends if we sell Mahrez and maybe get a few more deadwood off the books like Musa, Slimani, King, Ulloa, etc.

We can really only afford to spend about £20m net per season to balance the books.

54 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Depends if we sell Mahrez and maybe get a few more deadwood off the books like Musa, Slimani, King, Ulloa, etc.

We can really only afford to spend about £20m net per season to balance the books.

ah so you reckon the 40m bid was more to do with the fact we won the league therefore we had a bit of leeway?

If we get rid of the "deadwood" including mendy benny etc we might be able to get 30m+ all together which would be nice to spend

32 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

ah so you reckon the 40m bid was more to do with the fact we won the league therefore we had a bit of leeway?

If we get rid of the "deadwood" including mendy benny etc we might be able to get 30m+ all together which would be nice to spend

IIRC our wages and general running costs are about £20m less than our turnover for an average season so long term we can only spend about £20m net on transfer fees per season.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

IIRC our wages and general running costs are about £20m less than our turnover for an average season so long term we can only spend about £20m net on transfer fees per season.

If that's truly the case, we actually need to sell Mahrez now before he's too old for a decent fee

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

If this is truly the case, you can understand our reluctance to buy "proven" players, since they will come with hefty wage demands.

You can bet your Jonny Evans' of the league will demand a fair chunk more per week than Dragovic for instance.

Players like Musa and Slimani need to be off our books, and replaced in the 1st team squad permanently with our young players like Barnes and Diabate. This would allow us that £40m signing that could win games on their own. 

If Riyad goes, my absolute go to player would be Thauvin to replace him. 

Horrible time at Newcastle at a time they had gone to shit at the end of Pardews reign, 13 appearances mostly as a sub, went to marseille and has about 40 goals in 80 or something like that. 

They are only 1pt from 2nd though so he would probably need a good financial incentive to come back to the prem, but Ligue 1 is hardly an attractive league compared to the Premier League. 

Edited by cityfanlee23

Would absolutely love to see us sign this  boy. Massive future infront of him. 

Ofcourse its easy to say that he plays for Celtic and it' easier to stand out against poor opposition but he' been outstanding at any level he plays. SPFL,  champions league, Europa League and international. This is the lad that's keeping Andy Robertson, current first choice Liverpool LB out of his favoured position on the Scotland team. 

Worth a punt. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Would absolutely love to see us sign this  boy. Massive future infront of him. 

Ofcourse its easy to say that he plays for Celtic and it' easier to stand out against poor opposition but he' been outstanding at any level he plays. SPFL,  champions league, Europa League and international. This is the lad that's keeping Andy Robertson, current first choice Liverpool LB out of his favoured position on the Scotland team. 

Worth a punt. 

He Isnt coming to us pal I can tell you that ?

42 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

What are people's thoughts on Andre Gray? 

Bit of a flop at Watford so could be available on the cheap. 

Hard worker, fast and great finisher. 

Not sure if it's worth a punt though.

Where you gonna play him?

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

What are people's thoughts on Andre Gray? 

Bit of a flop at Watford so could be available on the cheap. 

Hard worker, fast and great finisher. 

Not sure if it's worth a punt though.

We have six first team strikers still contracted to the club, seven if you include Thomas.

If we're going to sign another one they either need to be an automatic first team pick or young one with bags of potential. Andre Gray is neither.

• Like 1

Buy:

Right back: Pereira £25m

Centre back: Mawson £25m

Centre back: Drago (I think it was £16m?)

Centre mid: Nzonzi/Danilo )  £25m

Winger: Shaqiri/Zaha £12m/£45m

No.10: Maddison/Grealish £25m

Target man: Rondon £16m

Total outlay £144m/£167m

Sell:

Benny £6m

Mendy £8m

King £10m

James £10m

Mahrez £65m

Kaputska £5m

Musa £15m

Slimani £20m

Ulloa £5m 

Total income £144m

The squad needs a huge overhaul we should of done this the year we had champions league football & brought in some pure quality for whatever reason we didn’t. I know the total outlay of spending looks a lot but if you look at the total income from player sales that I think we need to make the max we will actually be spending is £23m. We could even make a profit I reckon. 

Our squad needs improving massively. We need to buy some real quality in this window imo.

14 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Buy:

Right back: Pereira £25m

Centre back: Mawson £25m

Centre back: Drago (I think it was £16m?)

Centre mid: Nzonzi/Danilo )  £25m

Winger: Shaqiri/Zaha £12m/£45m

No.10: Maddison/Grealish £25m

Target man: Rondon £16m

Total outlay £144m/£167m

Sell:

Benny £6m

Mendy £8m

King £10m

James £10m

Mahrez £65m

Kaputska £5m

Musa £15m

Slimani £20m

Ulloa £5m 

Total income £144m

The squad needs a huge overhaul we should of done this the year we had champions league football & brought in some pure quality for whatever reason we didn’t. I know the total outlay of spending looks a lot but if you look at the total income from player sales that I think we need to make the max we will actually be spending is £23m. We could even make a profit I reckon. 

Our squad needs improving massively. We need to buy some real quality in this window imo.

good luck selling benny for 6m, mendy for 8m, king for 10m, kaputska for 5m, musa for 15m, slimani for 20m, Ulloa for 5m..... Basically i'll have whatever your on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

We have six first team strikers still contracted to the club, seven if you include Thomas.

If we're going to sign another one they either need to be an automatic first team pick or young one with bags of potential. Andre Gray is neither.

Andre Gray is 26 Hardly old?? Ulloa is past it, Slimani won't get a game, Vardy is 31, Diabate is not deployed as a striker and Okazaki is nothing special now., Iheanacho plays alongside the striker not a replacement, So it would likely be Vardy and Gray/Iheanacho upfront. Gray is a hard worker, strong and lightning quick, he's a model of Vardy. 

I'm not saying he would slot straight in and score goals, just a passing thought really but theres no reason why Gray wouldnt get into the first team regularly.

If Nantes goes we should break our signing record and bring in Rashford if possible.

He'd be sensational with Vardy and Diabate up front.

On 02/05/2018 at 12:38, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I'd like to think we might aim a little higher. 

Normally I would agree with you. But we've wasted enough money on prima donnas who take too long to adjust to the league. It's time to bring in a few hard working players. I'd put McLean in a similar class to Albrighton, always gives 100% and is better at beating a man and crossing a Ball.

50 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Andre Gray is 26 Hardly old?? Ulloa is past it, Slimani won't get a game, Vardy is 31, Diabate is not deployed as a striker and Okazaki is nothing special now., Iheanacho plays alongside the striker not a replacement, So it would likely be Vardy and Gray/Iheanacho upfront. Gray is a hard worker, strong and lightning quick, he's a model of Vardy. 

I'm not saying he would slot straight in and score goals, just a passing thought really but theres no reason why Gray wouldnt get into the first team regularly.

I never said he was old, I said he wasn't young. Andre Gray would cost £10m+ and sit on the bench unless Vardy was injured.  There probably isn't a lot of improving in Andre Gray either and he's an average PL player at best.

I'm sick of seeing our bench costing £100m+ and I'm sick of signing the likes of Slimani, Musa, Iborra, Silva, Benalouane, Mendy, etc who have all come here for big money and never been an upgrade enough to command an automatic slot in our team. Andre Gray would likely be another one.

I either want us to spend big money on players who come here and are a cut above what we have and slot straight into the first XI. I'd like to see our squad players either being academy players, young rough diamonds like Diabate or current squad players on their way out of the first XI like Simpson, Fuchs, Morgan, James, Okazaki, etc. Last thing I want to see is more £10m+ buys whose potential is marginal and won't replace a current player in the first XI. We shouldn't be using our limited financial resources on players like Andre Gray.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

I never said he was old, I said he wasn't young. Andre Gray would cost £10m+ and sit on the bench unless Vardy was injured.  There probably isn't a lot of improving in Andre Gray either and he's an average PL player at best.

I'm sick of seeing our bench costing £100m+ and I'm sick of signing the likes of Slimani, Musa, Iborra, Silva, Benalouane, Mendy, etc who have all come here for big money and never been an upgrade enough to command an automatic slot in our team. Andre Gray would likely be another one.

I either want us to spend big money on players who come here and are a cut above what we have and slot straight into the first XI. I'd like to see our squad players either being academy players, young rough diamonds like Diabate or current squad players on their way out of the first XI like Simpson, Fuchs, Morgan, James, Okazaki, etc. Last thing I want to see is more £10m+ buys whose potential is marginal and won't replace a current player in the first XI. We shouldn't be using our limited financial resources on players like Andre Gray.

Who would you have as backup striker then? Slimani, musa, Ulloa and okazaki are not in the managers plans or aren't good enough and iheanacho is playing in the hole behind vardy. 

We literally have 1 striker.