Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Who would you have as backup striker then? Slimani, musa, Ulloa and okazaki are not in the managers plans or aren't good enough and iheanacho is playing in the hole behind vardy. 

We literally have 1 striker. 

We'll see how the summer goes as we might not be able offload all of Slimani, Musa, Ulloa and Okazaki so they may still be part of the squad.

If we did manage to offload all the above then Vardy and Iheanacho are both capable of playing No9. I don't know if Thomas is read to step up to bolster the first team squad but if we end up buying Maddison or Grealish then we should have half a dozen players who can play in the three behind the striker.

With no European football and playing once a week most weeks we don't need to go mad bolstering the squad. If we do bring in someone I don't want another player who cost a lot of money, isn't good enough for the first XI and doesn't have the capacity to improve much.

Me as manager I have played a lot of fifa 18 carrer mode which gives me plenty of experience. I will use the wage to transfer budget glitch and sign messi and we will win the league 

Edited by Fightforever

10 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Would love to see Jonjo Shelvey, one of the best passers in the premier league, possibly Europe to be honest. 

Get rid of the dead wood midfielders, Mendy, King, James, Amartey.

Shelvey is certainly performing well at the moment but his career has been blighted by long periods out of form , out of the side(s) and seemingly at odds with his managers and team mates - agree with binning the first 3 - Amartey might be turned into a prem player with patience

Alassane Pléa: “Nice are letting me leave.”

Speaking to Avur TV this evening, OGC Nice striker Alassane Pléa announced that the club have told him they will let him leave at the end of the season.

“There is a strong chance that I am leaving. It is something that I have had with the club for a while, an agreement that let’s me leave because I think I am ready to go elsewhere. I think I will being going abroad. But we will see, there is still one more match. Then after that, I will concentrate with my agents on the window, that’s it.”

• Like 1

If we're looking for a good young keeper who's available for a nominal fee, Dean Henderson must be worth a look. Leaving United and excelling for Shrewsbury, all he'd cost is a compensation fee. Looks a real prospect.

5 hours ago, surrifox said:

Shelvey is certainly performing well at the moment but his career has been blighted by long periods out of form , out of the side(s) and seemingly at odds with his managers and team mates - agree with binning the first 3 - Amartey might be turned into a prem player with patience

I do agree which is why it like Benitez to guide him if he ever came here as he seems to get the best out of him. 

Agree on amartey but can't see him getting a chance. He's not a right back and he won't get into our midfield. 

His only chance with us I fear may even come as a Centreback. 

• Like 1

A solid start would be Pereira (RB), Dragovic (CB), Mawson (CB).

Then if / when Mahrez goes offer 80-85% of his fee to Palace for Zaha.

If we really feel we could play two up top (as in Vardy with one just behind), two wingers and an attacking midfielder kind of number ten then yes a midfielder who doesn't get a nosebleed in the opposition half would be a further big target be it Ben Arfa, Shelvey, Loftus-Cheek or Grealish. Nacho's performances this week may have revised this idea, if we play virtually two up and two wingers then it's very brave to put an attacking midfielder up there too.

Hope and pray we keep Maguire, N'Didi and Vardy.

Giving us something like - 

Schmeichel, Pereira, Mawson, Maguire, Chilwell or Fuchs, Zaha, N'Didi, Loftus-Cheek, Albrighton, Nacho or Shinji, Vardy

Dragovic, Silva, Iborra, Gray, Diabate, Jakupovic, Shinji or Nacho on bench. 

I've done the sums and if we get our money back on Musa, Mendy and Slimani it all works out :ph34r:

Edited by fazzyfox

I think we'll probably sign Perreira and Gibson (if Boro don't go up). My Norwich supporting mate absolutely raves about Maddison as well. I'd like us to go for Thomas Delaney at Bremen and possibly Shaqiri depending on the price.

Daniel Wass at Celta Vigo would be good but think he's off to Valencia from what I've read.

That Haidara fella from Salzburg looked good when I've seen him this season.

Basically, anyone I've watched and thought 'he's decent.'

Think the problem for us is getting players off the books. High wages = not in a position to command decent fees = ending up loaning players out again.

Big summer ahead and we cannot afford to waste anymore money.