Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

59 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

And what with both of them being baldy slapheads.

Shelvey would be a good MF partner for Ndidi, slipping those through balls in for Vardy. Can't see Newcastle letting him go right now though.

I'm starting to warm to the idea of us buying JJS tbh, don't like the guy but I think he'd do a cracking job in our midfield

I honestly can't believe i'm saying that...

shaqiri - RW  20 million (if stoke are relegated only or else he would cost 35 - 40 million) brilliant player doesn't deserve to be a chamionship player 

Elynoussi - LW 15m has the trickery of mahrez and looked very good in the chamions league especially agianst man city closest to mahrez we could attract to leicester.

Ben arfa - CAM free transfer puel will get the best out of him.

Or 2nd option

James ward-prowse - best of a bad bunch although liverpool will get him as liverpool see southampton as a supermarket.

pereira- RB 25 million - complete package at RB.

all coming to the cost of 60 million pounds

Our line up 

vardy

Elynoussi   Ben arfa   Shaqiri

ndidi     silva

chillwell maguire drago pereira

schmeichel

that side should be able to give the top six a run for their money. all comfortable on the ball. we cant replace mahrez with 1 player because he was so good and no one can replace him. So instead we obtain a trio of attacking talent that has each an atttribute of mahrez. Elynoussi with the trickery. Shaqiri with the dribiling and finesse and ben arfa who can be a number 10 and pick a pass to tear apart the defense.

Edited by DatfoxesKid23
  • Like 3

Depends who leaves obviously, but I think this is a great chance to invest correctly this time. We can shift a number of players on and fill those places with some genuine quality signings (at a cost!) 

A ball playing and quick RB is an absolute must. Simpson struggles so much when we are on the attack. 

Sign Dragovic and another CB, either a talented youngster or a Jonny Evans type on the cheap (£3million relegation release clause apparently)

As much as I like Iborra, he seems slow and I feel he will be better used as an impact sub, much like he was for Sevilla. Therefore we need a genuine top CM to play alongside N'didi. Silva is too lightweight to play that deeper role, but will be useful in a 3 or in more of a no.10 role. 

Mahrez is very likely to go and so we need to get another attacking winger/no.10 in, James Maddison is a good shout, but perhaps we need to think even higher and go spend big on someone from abroad to at least try to fill some of the gap left by Mahrez. 

Finally, I'd like us to invest in a big no.9, who can be thrown on with 15-20mins to go and cause havoc if we need a goal. Rondon perhaps, although his goal scoring record hasn't been great and he would look to be a starter. We do need a plan B though and a big lump who can add a new threat, would be very useful in my opinion. 

Other than those, who I think are essential signings, I wouldn't argue if we looked to have a genuine challenger to Kasper, someone who is bigger and can dominate his area better by claiming crosses with ease. LB is also an area of mild concern, although Chilwell and Fuchs as back up is much better than our options at RB. 

8 hours ago, DatfoxesKid23 said:

shaqiri - RW  20 million (if stoke are relegated only or else he would cost 35 - 40 million) brilliant player doesn't deserve to be a chamionship player 

Elynoussi - LW 15m has the trickery of mahrez and looked very good in the chamions league especially agianst man city closest to mahrez we could attract to leicester.

Ben arfa - CAM free transfer puel will get the best out of him.

Or 2nd option

James ward-prowse - best of a bad bunch although liverpool will get him as liverpool see southampton as a supermarket.

pereira- RB 25 million - complete package at RB.

all coming to the cost of 60 million pounds

Our line up 

vardy

Elynoussi   Ben arfa   Shaqiri

ndidi     silva

chillwell maguire drago pereira

schmeichel

that side should be able to give the top six a run for their money. all comfortable on the ball. we cant replace mahrez with 1 player because he was so good and no one can replace him. So instead we obtain a trio of attacking talent that has each an atttribute of mahrez. Elynoussi with the trickery. Shaqiri with the dribiling and finesse and ben arfa who can be a number 10 and pick a pass to tear apart the defense.

On paper that looks a great team ??

Maybe be a new left back for me though 

I'm probably being unrealistic but I'm hoping we show some ambition with the signings we make. 

Luke Shaw, Still only aged 22 and available on a free transfer. He needs to move to play regularly and to regain his confidence. Any club where he is likely to be a starter may be at an advantage in this race. 

Georginio Wijnaldum, Stood out at Newcastle in his first PL season despite his team being relegated. Liverpool's squad is already full and they need to sell a couple of players really with Keita arriving this summer and Origi returning. In truth, Liverpool don't really need him and he is a quality signing for most teams outside the top 6. Hasn't done much this season but has shown before what he can do when starting regular. 

Trent Alexander Arnold, If we can't find a permanent RB then why not try to sign this guy on loan? With Clyne returning, Liverpool will have 3 RB options but not enough games to develop both Gomez and Trent. For that reason it would make sense if one is loaned out for regular PL minutes. A team that wants their full backs to get further forward may also be preferred.

Xherdan Shaqiri, Has been the one player that has stood out in a Stoke team that has struggled and appears to be full of egos. The queue for Shaqiri will be long if Stoke get relegated but he would be a quality signing for most sides. 

Kurt Zouma, The centre back already has 139 senior appearances at the top level in France and England but it's hard to see where his career path is going after playing for Stoke this season. Has been linked with both Athletico Madrid and Sevilla but a change in Chelsea manager could revive his career at the Bridge. If he's not wanted there then I hope we at least try to bring him to the KP. 

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Shaqiri is got to be our only realistic replacement in terms of quality for Mahrez.

Has been quite consistent recently, but still feel he's blows too hit and cold overall to be seen as a strong candidate to replace Mahrez.

34 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Has been quite consistent recently, but still feel he's blows too hit and cold overall to be seen as a strong candidate to replace Mahrez.

hence the word realistic, sadly I cant see us replacing anywhere near the level mahrez is truly at.

• Like 1

I'd love to get Rondon in, would be a great option to have as an alternative to Vardy or a plan b option...he's quite a handful and has bullied our defenders in the past.

I wouldn't mind either of Bertrand or Cedric from Southampton but I reckon they may be looking for a bigger club.

I'd also be quite pleased if we resigned Danny Drinkwater, if he leaves Chelsea we should be in for him. Iborra, Silva, Drinky and Ndidi would be great options for Central Midfield.

15 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Neves from Wolves

I thought this too! Absolute quality on the ball and rarely loses possession! Sadly wolves will be in the same league as us next season, have money to spend & the way things are currently I think they'll come up and challenge for a place in the top 8 with a few good signings. 

So the chances of him coming to us are pretty slim. 

5 hours ago, lee7 said:

I thought this too! Absolute quality on the ball and rarely loses possession! Sadly wolves will be in the same league as us next season, have money to spend & the way things are currently I think they'll come up and challenge for a place in the top 8 with a few good signings. 

So the chances of him coming to us are pretty slim. 

Challenge for the top 8?...

Don't think so.. Survival will be their aim! 

38 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Challenge for the top 8?...

Don't think so.. Survival will be their aim! 

people forget the quality gap, Wolves are currently dominating most games they simply won't do that next season, that's an adjustment for the players and more pressure on their striker, currently Benik Afobe on loan, who has done nothing at Bournemouth to suggest he would be the guy next season.

isn't Diogo Jota on loan from Atleti?

20 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

To be fair,it's a good shout.Same age, 7 goals 6 assists this season and less than half the price.