Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

Really don't understand why people think we need a squad of 25-30 senior players lol. Should be a solid group of 20 with youth lads thrown in to make up the numbers if required. We're not actually in Europe, we don't need a massive squad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lovejoy said:

Really don't understand why people think we need a squad of 25-30 senior players lol. Should be a solid group of 20 with youth lads thrown in to make up the numbers if required. We're not actually in Europe, we don't need a massive squad.

I wouldn't even go further than that.

14 first team players

5 players on their way down like Simpson, Fuchs, Morgan, Okazaki.

5 academy or cheap young players with potential like Barnes, Choudhury, Diabate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

if I see one more suggestion of Moussa Dembele from spurs I will post cat shit through your letter box

If I ask you why do I need to tell the concierge there'll be a delivery?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

IN Ben Arfa, Dragovic, Pereira 

OUT the deadstock

We need a lot more than 3 players in.

8 in

RB.

3 X CB

LB

RW

No10.

CF

12 out.

Ulloa.

Huth.

silimani.

musa.

king

.mahrez.

okazaki.

Benoulouane.

Fuchs.

Morgan.

Amartey.

Mend. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

8 in

RB.

3 X CB

LB

RW

No10.

CF

12 out.

Ulloa.

Huth.

silimani.

musa.

king

.mahrez.

okazaki.

Benoulouane.

Fuchs.

Morgan.

Amartey.

Mend. 

You forgot Little Cabbage

6 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Is it just me who isn't too keen on Ben Arfa?

4 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Not for the wages he'll demand and the length of contract he'll also demand, coupled with his age, no.

Depends on which Ben Arfa turns up, when his good, he's very good, but when his bad, he just can't be arsed.

Maybe Claude can get a tune out of him, pay as you play would be perfect.... 

17 hours ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

8 in

RB.

3 X CB

LB

RW

No10.

CF

12 out.

Ulloa.

Huth.

silimani.

musa.

king

.mahrez.

okazaki.

Benoulouane.

Fuchs.

Morgan.

Amartey.

Mend. 

mine was top level 11.. we dont need wholsale changes in the 11 apart from CB RB and a number 10 and winger really.

Edited by les-tah

11 hours ago, les-tah said:

mine was top level 11.. we dont need wholsale changes in the 11 apart from CB RB and a number 10 and winger really.

As far as JUST the starting 11, I would say we are more on need of TWO wingers rather than one and a no.10. Big Ian Nacho looks like he's mad that role his own, and with Mahrez Leaving, I feel a replacement and an upgrade on gray/albrighton/Diabate is more urgent. 

I think when a key player leaves 2 replacements should be brought in, a instant replacement and a prospect. I think Diabate is a good prospect for the future but we need someone more reliable to replace Mahrez this summer. Potentially Shaqiri as he is proven to perform over the course of a season in the PL. More risky transfers could be Promes, as he is highly rated but could be Musa part 2, or Allan Saint-Maximin who is quite young but has made a good impression at Nice as a pacy wide player with good dribbling and also passing. Pablo Sarabia from Sevilla, who might be tempted if we offer big wages and would certainly fit the squad as he is a real grafter as well as technically superb (a good attribute if we are looking for an attacking RB). I would prefer to avoid the temperamental players such as Ben Arfa, who certainly has the talent but would just abuse Leicester as a final pay day and perform when he wanted to. Dream transfer would be Leon Bailey who would do the job instantly but likely has more attractive suitors than Leicester and would probably benefit from another season before moving up anyway.

Would be great to get Gregoritsch from the bundesliga into the squad for competition for the second striker/attacking midfield position. Excellent technical player who happens to be 6ft 4in, so would bring an extra dimension we lack.

I am not sure how to really benefit the midfield due to the random nature of the performances but it would be nice to have a player with a good touch and the ability to carry the ball forward, Jean Seri maybe if Barcalona have given up now? Really I would prefer to hope that Silva regains his confidence and composure and dream that Ndidi learns to use his physicality to power forward with the ball, Yaya-esque. Maybe Drinky would like to play football again?

Defensively

Dunk - First choice but unlikely to want to move. A unit and doesnt make many mistakes

Mawson - Would make about 10 mistakes a year if paired with Maguire but shows real potential and would be worth snapping up now before another Prem team nabs him. Good at set pieces which might save us 10 goals a year in return...

Evans - Hopefully nice and cheap, experienced and might sort out our set piece defending by organising the boys at bit better.

Anyone at RB really. Sorry Danny but the style of football at Leicester has moved on and world class defensive positioning cant make up for your lack of ball playing ability which is exposed every game. That Bauer at Stoke looked decent, hopefully he has a relegation clause.

if we started the season like this i wouldnt be to upset 

----------------------------kasper----------------------------

------evans------------maguire--------------dragovic---

pierea---------------------------------------------------bertrand

--------------------ndidi-------------silva------------------------

---------------------------ben arfa -----------------------------

---------------nacho--------------------vardy---------------------

Now Pereira's done hopefully 2 CB's, CAM/Number 10, Winger and maybe a Striker will follow.

CB - Any two from - Alfie Mawson, Jonny Evans, Aleksandar Dragovic, Issa Diop

CAM - Tom Cairney or James Maddison 

WG - Mohamed Elyounoussi or Quincy Promes

ST - Wout Weghort or Yussuf Poulsen

I'd keep Jakupovic as back up goalkeeper, I don't see left-back as a priority yet, I'd keep Slimani but if he leaves we badly need a target man.

So something like this...

Schmeichel

Pereira - Mawson/Dragovic - Maguire - Chilwell

Albrighton/Diabate - Ndidi - Silva - Elyounoussi/Promes

Iheanacho

Vardy

Subs - Jakupovic, Simpson/Fuchs, Evans, Iborra, Maddison/Cairney, Diabate/Gray, Okazaki/Target Man

Now we have signed a top class full back, we need to strenthen the spine:

A goalkeeper who is not scared out of his wits to come for crosses or corners.

A centrehalf to partner Maguire (Mawson? Evans? Zouma?).

And a central-attacking-midfielder, hopefully one who could weigh in with half a dozen goals per season.