Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

I'd love us to go for Bailey or Pulisic with the Mahrez money, but I know that's not realistic ?

Doesn't seem to outlandish to target Ziyech and Neres though. Would love Thorgan Hazard too if affordable. Not convinced on Roberts, as good as it would be to help develop future England players.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Ziyech is class but he's more of a CM/AM than a wide forward. I suppose in a system with very attacking full backs that might be ok but as a direct replacement for Mahrez he is a different player. He will score goals and create though, was yearning for Ziyech as well as Mahrez a few seasons ago, would have been lethal.

The geezer I can't spell from Basel is who I hope we go all out for, if we get Roberts as well then we've got Roberts and Diabate for the right wing and then Elyonoussi, Albrighton and Gray on the left with the potential for a couple to play CAM if needs be. I'm not sure any of these options will bring us what Mahrez has done but it would be a positive start. If Thorgan Hazard was attainable then he'd also be hugely appreciated, but I think we'll be getting Roberts in that position.

I think with Ziyech I'm more thinking to add that technical creative player to our side even if it does mean altering the system. We don't necessarily have to sign a left footed right winger as our creative player for example, we just need to add players who can help break teams down. Beyond Mahrez we are struggling in that department enormously at the minute.

Although as it happens I think it looks like Roberts has a similar style of play to Mahrez. Imagine we get £50mil and Roberts for Mahrez and splash a fair bit of that on Ziyech, so we've got two players and money for one, and have arguably strengthened in the process.

Unsure if Ziyech is as good as Mahrez but the brutal honesty is I don't think it is possible for us to sign anyone of his level.

9 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

I'd love us to go for Bailey or Pulisic with the Mahrez money, but I know that's not realistic ?

Doesn't seem to outlandish to target Ziyech and Neres though. Would love Thorgan Hazard too if affordable. Not convinced on Roberts, as good as it would be to help develop future England players.

I don't think we could pull players from Dortmund or Leverkusen, but Ajax is possible. The Eredivisie just doesn't have that same prestige anymore.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He'd be exceptional for us, possibly the perfect player we need in this transitional team as he can play any number of important positions.

Agreed, a utility man who is really classy in a few positions

Hirving Lozano has admitted he would consider joining Everton.

The Mexican has been tipped to follow Toffees’ new Director of Football Marcel Brands from PSV to Goodison Park.

And while he is focused on the World Cup, he isn’t ruling anything out

good on fifa get him in

• Haha 1

This might sound slightly mad but Arda Turan is potentially quite 'getable' atm 

Edited by Guest

19 minutes ago, toddybad said:

This might sound slightly mad but Arda Turan is potentially quite 'getable' atm 

Believe he is currently serving a 16 match ban for ‘pushing’ a linesman. Not sure what implications that has on any potential transfer 

15 hours ago, FoxOfMelton said:

Thauvin would be the most logical Mahrez replacement for me. Bags of skill and creativity, and a delightfully lethal left foot. Think he'd thrive under Puel, too.

Is that the same Thauvin that was absolute dog turd for Newcastle? No thanks, we're above players like this. 

1 minute ago, 4everfox said:

Is that the same Thauvin that was absolute dog turd for Newcastle? No thanks, we're above players like this. 

Yeah it's the one with 26 goals and 18 assists in all competitions this season.

• Like 1

Just now, Beechey said:

Neymar only has 3 more goals+assists this season. He rubbish too?

What's Neymar got to do with it? Not a name I've previously mentioned, I was just stating the fact that Florian Thauvin is an awful footballer at Premier League level and I personally wouldn't go anywhere near him because we are better than him. Neymar has spent a decent amount of time injured as well so maybe make a realistic comparison in the future? 

4 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

What's Neymar got to do with it? Not a name I've previously mentioned, I was just stating the fact that Florian Thauvin is an awful footballer at Premier League level and I personally wouldn't go anywhere near him because we are better than him. Neymar has spent a decent amount of time injured as well so maybe make a realistic comparison in the future? 

Same league, Neymar is at a vastly superior club, Neymar has played less, that's true, but Thauvin has scored the 2nd most goals in that division after Cavani, joint 2nd most assists as well.

But nope, from his 500 minutes or so at Newcastle, it's pretty clear he'll never make it.

Snobbery at its finest.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Same league, Neymar is at a vastly superior club, Neymar has played less, that's true, but Thauvin has scored the 2nd most goals in that division after Cavani, joint 2nd most assists as well.

But nope, from his 500 minutes or so at Newcastle, it's pretty clear he'll never make it.

Snobbery at its finest.

It's not snobbery to dislike a player and be against the club I support signing said player. Discounting two or three clubs the French league is tin pot anyway. 

30 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

It's not snobbery to dislike a player and be against the club I support signing said player. Discounting two or three clubs the French league is tin pot anyway. 

Do you genuinely believe we are better than Thauvin?? Can’t help but think this is a wind up ?

40 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

It's a bit foolish to completely write a player off after a failed spell at a poorly managed and organised club. His record from a league we've had success from in the past in extraordinary.

1 hour ago, Tilton Fox said:

Anyone think Danny Welbeck is worth a shout?

Danny Welbeck has scored 41 PL goals.

Jamie Vardy has scored 62 PL goals.

When Danny Welbeck scored his first Premier League goal, Vardy was still playing for Stocksbridge Park Steels.

2 hours ago, 4everfox said:

We really aren't.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't succeed here if given another crack. Same way Iago Aspas is a quality player but everyone writes him off because he was poor here.

2 hours ago, 4everfox said:

I can't tell if you're serious or not. He had very little game time under a clueless manager in Pardew at Newcastle.

He's been exceptional for the past 2 seasons. He's the closest player to Riyad that we can realistically attain, in my opinion.

Thauvin got 26 goals and 18 assists this season, say what you want about Ligue 1, that is mighty impressive.

Another pie in the sky suggestion possibly, what happened to Malcom of Bordeaux? Lovely left peg and didn't get his big move in January. could he be worth a go?