Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

Just now, Old Fox said:

Juan Mata for me would be a great number 10 signing - maybe unlikely but a cheeky £30m bid may get Him especially if Jose needs to generate funds!!

did he sign a new contract? could have sworn I read he was out of contract

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Challenge for the top 8?...

Don't think so.. Survival will be their aim! 

We'll agree to disagree and will see come this time next season. 

No doubt that dodgy agent mendes will work miracles again and get them in some top quality players. 

• Like 1

Perhaps a bit optimistic but Quincy Promes from Spartak Moscow was linked to Southampton for £30m in January,  I get if one of the big six come in for him thats where he will go but most players will want to come and showcase themselves in the PL he has a very good goal return and usually plays on the left in a 4-2-3-1. 

We know with Mahrez inevitably leaving means wingers will need to be brought in I think this is a decent option, I also like Shaqiri as a Mahrez replacement on the right. 

If we could get Promes for around £30/40m I think in this market its a decent signing at 26 years old. 

Edited by 1884Foxes

Fvck this shit let's get proper into it and sign Pope, Tripper, Mawson, Milivojević, Maddison and then a load of cvnting 14 year old Swedes with 17 and above on jumping like I used to on CM01/02 who I let rot in the reserves for a few years then play all at once in a Champions League semi final and lose so fine and then release on frees.  The d1ckheads. 

X

Edited by RumbleFox

29 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Fvck this shit let's get proper into it and sign Pope, Tripper, Mawson, Milivojević, Maddison and then a load of cvnting 14 year old Swedes with 17 and above on jumping like I used to on CM01/02 who I let rot in the reserves for a few years then play all at once in a Champions League semi final and lose so fine and then release on frees.  The d1ckheads. 

X

Rumble had a drinkie.

Justin Kluivert is 18 years old, and has now notched up 26 league appearances - scoring 8 goals and assisting 5. Being involved in a goal every 2 games at his age is a good start, and could be one hell of an investment.

On the flip side, Eredevise records can be misleading when applying it to the PL. Equally, I probably wouldn't have even thought of him if it wasn't for his surname (though Kasper is evidence that that's not always a bad thing).

Could be worth considering though, with Mahrez probably on his way out.

2 hours ago, Filbert's Friend said:

Justin Kluivert is 18 years old, and has now notched up 26 league appearances - scoring 8 goals and assisting 5. Being involved in a goal every 2 games at his age is a good start, and could be one hell of an investment.

On the flip side, Eredevise records can be misleading when applying it to the PL. Equally, I probably wouldn't have even thought of him if it wasn't for his surname (though Kasper is evidence that that's not always a bad thing).

Could be worth considering though, with Mahrez probably on his way out.

Watched Ajax play at sparta the other week. Even in the walk up he stood out. I agree that it would be a risk as he' a bit light weight however he was critised recently for not putting a shift in. From what I saw he reacted and was excellent at tracking back and covering his full back. Scored as well.

Not sure how much ajax would want for him but I'd consider it a risk worth taking if the price isn't silly. However if he would come I'm not sure believe he is well advised by his dad.

The Moroccan lad we also get linked with was excellent in that game as well. I'd take a look at him if we did lose mahrez.

Edited by Bayfox

Alessandro Florenzi at RB - coming back from injury at Roma after a while out.  He's more versatile and attacking than Simpson.  May be able to include in a Mahrez deal.  He's 27 so would pair him with someone younger a la Fuchs/Chilwell - shame Darnell Johnson seems to be on his way out as I was looking forward to seeing him break into the first team.

• Like 1

In terms of "maybe not the most inspiring but realistic" options.....

Pope

Pereira  Maguie  Keane  Chilwell

Ndidi  Silva

Zaha         Gray/Albrighton/Diabate

Maddison

Vardy

If we stick with Puel and his style of play then I'd like to see us bring in the following and change to a 3-5-2 with more capable players. 

Forster (finally give Kasper real competition) 

Trippier

Bertrand 

Lascelles 

Dunk 

Redmond/Shaqiri if/when Mahrez leaves 

New striker also 

Then we'd look more like...

Schmeichel/Forster 

Lascelles       Dunk      Maguire

Trippier    Iborra    Ndidi    Silva    Bertrand 

Diabate/Shaqiri/Redmond 

Vardy 

I like the profile of that 19 year old Ukrainian goalkeeper who already has one cap for his country. He sounds like he would be real competition for Schmeichel.

Jonny Evans will be available for £3m and we need to be in the running for that and persuade him to come here as first choice rather than a big club's reserve.

Perieira from Porto sounds just about the best right back we could get.

Maddison from Norwich I know little about but the best young player in the Championship should have little risks especially when the likes of Man City, Liverpool and Spurs are linked.

Now we're almost certain not to have Europa League football we need to trim the squad down so sell or get rid of:

Jakupovic

Benalouane

Huth

King

Musa

Ulloa

Slimani

I'd also be prepared to accept reasonable offers for anyone who is worth good money but doesn't automatically have a first team spot. So that would be:

Silva

Iborra

James

Gray

Albrighton

Okazaki

Iheanacho

Edited by Gerard

On 12/04/2018 at 19:48, Old Fox said:

Juan Mata for me would be a great number 10 signing - maybe unlikely but a cheeky £30m bid may get Him especially if Jose needs to generate funds!!

You will never see a team that includes Wes Morgan and Juan mata I’m sorry.