Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

16 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

More patient fans :dunno:

You're testing a lot of people's patience with that request. :ph34r:

Can't blame them for staying away and/or being upset about our results and especially performances in the past five months or so.

11 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Can't blame them for staying away and/or being upset about our results and especially performances in the past five months or so.

I get frustration, but frankly instant gratification doesn't exist in team sports other than like once in 1000 appointments. It almost always takes time, even more so joining after the season starts.

Edited by Beechey

15 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I get frustration, but frankly instant gratification doesn't exist in team sports other than like once in 1000 appointments. It almost always takes time, even more so joining after the season starts.

I don't understand where that theory of "instant gratification" is coming from.

Same goes for the "spoilt fanbase" theory.

It's laughable.

Seems to be a bit of a rhetoric element to slag off fellow fans, many of which have good reason to dislike what's going on right now.

I surely don't want neither "instant gratification", nor do I consider myself "spoilt".

Playing good, direct, attacking football for large parts would be a start (like tonight against Southampton), then I could at least live with a defeat here and there, knowing that the team still gave it their best shot in the process.

We're so devoid of so many elements that made us so successful in the recent past, it hurts.

Well, it doesn't hurt, really. I'm more apathetic than anything, put to near-sleep by our team's performances in the past five months - and Claude's post-match lullabies.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

Id love us to sign Lewis Cook, Ben Arfa, And Dragovic and another centre back so we have Maguire Dragovic and another.

The go or will be sold list..

Morgan

Slimani

Ulloa

Mahrez 

Musa

Mendy

King

Benaluoane

Edited by les-tah

13 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Not at all, and they have a point, absolutely. But it's this short-termism that I can't be doing with!

On 19/04/2018 at 22:17, MC Prussian said:

I don't understand where that theory of "instant gratification" is coming from.

Same goes for the "spoilt fanbase" theory.

It's laughable.

Seems to be a bit of a rhetoric element to slag off fellow fans, many of which have good reason to dislike what's going on right now.

I surely don't want neither "instant gratification", nor do I consider myself "spoilt".

Playing good, direct, attacking football for large parts would be a start (like tonight against Southampton), then I could at least live with a defeat here and there, knowing that the team still gave it their best shot in the process.

We're so devoid of so many elements that made us so successful in the recent past, it hurts.

Well, it doesn't hurt, really. I'm more apathetic than anything, put to near-sleep by our team's performances in the past five months - and Claude's post-match lullabies.

I think it comes from the trend on social media for people to be so black and white.  Never any grey.  Most people who are in the "give him more time" camp (including myself) I imagine do not mind constructive criticism but they are riled by the "Go back to France.  Utterly disgusting.  Pathetic.  Boring tw@t" stuff that it's just so hyperbolically silly that it does nothing but invalidate one's own arguments and put people's back up.  In response to this, people then say stuff like "spoilt, blah blah" which, in itself, is then too far the other way and is received with cries of "but we are only being honest, this is a forum and we should be allowed to criticise" which obviously ignores the fact that the criticism in the first place was, on the whole, ridiculously non constructive and quite often personal/unreasonable.  I doubt much can be done to silence the voices on either side but a more rational discussion without over the top, personal criticisms and also without over the top criticisms of those criticising would be pleasant even though it feels a long way off most the time.

I welcome constructive voices and I like debate but I do reserve the right to have a wee dig at people going too far.  In the end, we all want the same thing and that is for our great club to be as great as it can be.

X

Reckon we could see quite a bit of movement this summer...

Don't think it'll be quite as extensive as this, as so many changes could well have an adverse effect, but there's a lot of deadwood at our club atm, or out on loan, that needs stripping back.

Out:

King

Slimani

Ulloa

Musa

Mendy

Kapustka

Jakupovic

Benalouane

Huth (Free)

Mahrez

Schmeichel

Fuchs

In:

Ben Arfa (Free)

T.Hazard (~£25m)

Pereira (~£20m)

Dragovic (~£17m)

Evans / Smalling (~£3m)

Horn / Butland (???/~£30m)

LB (Shaw? May be too costly) (~£28m)

I know Hamer is out of contract in the summer, but he seems content on the bench and just about good enough as a deputy, so I'd rather give him an extra couple years and bin off Jakupovic, if he's willing. No idea how good our youth GKs are otherwise that could be an option?

I'd also demote Morgan to vice-captain and give the armband to a younger player - wouldn't mind seeing Harry taking charge if he's up to it. Not a fan of giving it to someone who's just signed, so seems to be a reasonable option and a guaranteed starter.

Few others who could realistically be sold (James, Okazaki, Simpson etc.) and I'd look to start including some of the younger players in the matchday squad more regularly; Hamza, Barnes, Knight et al.

Eye-balling it, I'd say that could be around £100m coming in, mostly from the Mahrez fee, and incoming wouldn't be too dissimilar, depending on the GK choice and if we opted for Shaw or a cheaper option like Bertrand.

Looks a lot, but in reality that's 4/5 out from the matchday squad and 6/7 in, who would all be quality improvements to the squad.

2 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

We could line up:

Kasper

New RB

Maguire (C)

Dragovic

Bertrand

Albrighton

Ndidi

Ward-Prowse

Shaqiri

Rondon

Vardy

Bertrand, Ward-Prowse and Shaqiri I'd to see here. Though I don't think there's anyway that Vardy and Rondon could strike up a partnership.. will have the same problem as Slimani as they will both want to be on the shoulder occupying the same space. Rather we stuck with Iheanacho.

I think Bertrand is incredibly underrated and although I think JWP is slightly overrated at the moment, with the right guidance he could be very special

3 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

We were linked with him in January I think. 

He hasn't signed a new contract and seems to be waiting for confirmation that Bristol City won't be in the PL next season.

25 year-old joint top Championship goalscorer (19) and 7 assists. Has come into his own this season having been converted from midfield. Bristol fans desparate to hang on to him but should be available for not many pound notes. Well worth a punt, I reckon.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers

I'm not too optimistic about this summer given the way transfers have gone of late, and given that I'm not sure what kind of players Puel will want to bring in. People saying we should bin Kasper after one bad season are coming on a bit strong I think but he certainly needs another keeper in the team who will genuinely challenge him each week for a starting spot. I think it perhaps is curtains for Simmo, King/James, Huth, Slimani Ulloa and the rest of the loanees who never made an impact. Whether we will get that kind of clear out remains to be seen though and will depend on whether we will be unable to offload some of them. Mahrez will also go.

RB and LB is also a must, if Southampton go down then Bertrand could be a good signing as people have mentioned and RB there are a few options but I don't think we should be going in for Cedric, would like to find more about this Pereira lad we've been linked with - it's good if Puel already knows him. I think Luke Shaw could also worth looking into (he's had issues) but maybe a loan deal with an option to buy could work?

There are a few options at CB from the most likely relegated clubs, but perhaps we may find something better abroad? As for midfield, I always quite liked Romeu and we are going to need some wingers/attacking players but I'm just not sure what Puel is going for. I'm praying that we don't sign tat like Ben Arfa