Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

Mahrez replacement - buy two under 25 players with very high creativity levels 

Europe  - Jahanbakhsh, Elyounoussi, Nakajima/Paulinho (Portimonese), Oyarzabal

Championship - Maddison or Ollie Watkins

RB - Jonny Castro, especially as he’s so versatile being able to play LB also. We’ve had links with Ricardo Pereira who has been doing brilliantly for Porto and would be a significant upgrade on Simpson.

Wouldn’t say no to Rondon at his RC of £16.5m. He’s unselfish and a worker,  could play with Vardy.

Dragovic - with Morgan on the decline he’s the perfect partner for Maguire.

Jonas Héctor from Koln - All likelihood Fuchs leaves for MLS so experience needed to challenge Chilwell for starting spot.

Mario Gaspar - we need a better footballer at right back and Gaspar is definitely that. Also a good defender that has often operated at CB for Villarreal.

Fellaini - wages would probably prove to be too much but him and Ndidi would make a powerful duo allowing for a more creative midfielder to support Vardy in the number 10 position.

Luan - Gremio - how this guy isn’t plying his trade in one of Europe’s top leagues I’ll never know. He’s tricky, pacy and is a lovely finisher. Would love to see him behind Vardy. 

My ideal lineup for for next year including bench.

Kasper

Gaspar

Dragovic

Maguire (c)

Hector

Ndidi

Fellaini

Mahrez (Gray if he’s gone)

Luan

Albrighton

Vardy

Subs:

Hamer

Chilwell

Morgan

Gray

Silva

Iborra

Iheanacho

Wholesale change isn’t necessary. One or two upgrades and we’re close to having a cracking side. Some may spot I have one or two noticeable absentees (Okazaki, Slimani, Simpson and King) and I feel for SOME, time is up. Slimani and King’s days at LCFC are obviously numbered but for me, the likes of Shinji and Simpson haven’t done enough this season to warrant a place in the squad next season. Shinji works hard but that’s about it and goes huge runs without scoring leaving huge pressure on Vardy.

Plenty of players will have their head on the chopping block this summer and I feel a real change of guard is in the offing. Fingers crossed for some high quality because another transfer window like the last couple isn’t acceptable. 

Edited by eddylcfc

The absolute priority is to get the back line sorted.  We need two new full backs and a quality centre back.  You build from the back - it gives a solid foundation.  We absolutely must have a creative player in midfield as Mahrez will likely be gone.  Other than that I really don't think we need too many players.  We've wasted so much money it is better to cut our losses on players instead of having a bloated squad.

8 hours ago, RoyFox said:

Mahrez replacement - buy two under 25 players with very high creativity levels 

Europe  - Jahanbakhsh, Elyounoussi, Nakajima/Paulinho (Portimonese), Oyarzabal

Championship - Maddison or Ollie Watkins

RB - Jonny Castro, especially as he’s so versatile being able to play LB also. We’ve had links with Ricardo Pereira who has been doing brilliantly for Porto and would be a significant upgrade on Simpson.

Wouldn’t say no to Rondon at his RC of £16.5m. He’s unselfish and a worker,  could play with Vardy.

Why the **** would Mahrez (one of the worlds best wingers) be replaced by utter guff?

Ollie Watkins ffs.

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

if you think this club will have a ready replacement of the quality of Mahrez you're deluded. 

I don't.

I just know for damn sure that none of those players are even close to the level of quality we'll be looking at.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

I don't.

I just know for damn sure that none of those players are even close to the level of quality we'll be looking at.

Incorrect we’ve been watching Elyounoussi for quite some time.

Who are your picks that would *realistically* come to Leicester as Mahrez replacements? Ideally I’d want Depay, Richarlison or Ziyech - sadly they’re not realistic anymore.

We’re not the draw we once were, we blew that chance in the 2016 summer window...

Edited by RoyFox

can see a lot of players leaving: mahrez, slimani, musa, ulloa, huth, fuchs.

ins:

dragovic (and maybe lascalles) 

thorgan hazard

saint-maximin 

rondon

(maybe ward-prowse but I feel like he offers very little besides set pieces and crossing) 

1 minute ago, Dusty said:

can see a lot of players leaving: mahrez, slimani, musa, ulloa, huth, fuchs.

ins:

dragovic (and maybe lascalles) 

thorgan hazard

saint-maximin 

rondon

(maybe ward-prowse but I feel like he offers very little besides set pieces and crossing) 

forgot about ricardo perieria too

ks 

perieria drago maguire chilwell 

ndidi silva 

Gray/albrighton/ diabate   hazard 

Vardy

subs:

hamer 

morgan (lascalles)

Simpson

rondon 

iheanacho 

iborra 

(whenever winger didn’t start) 

I’d have Shaqiri any day of the week. Seems like the perfect replacement for Mahrez for me. He’s acting up at the moment as he’s playing with a bunch of duffers for Stoke but stick him with far better players he’d create and score goals for fun with us. I just hope he’s on Puel’s (if he stays) radar. We’ll need another exciting, creative player when Riyad goes AND we could afford his fee and improved wages. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 22/04/2018 at 12:56, eddylcfc said:

Dragovic - with Morgan on the decline he’s the perfect partner for Maguire.

Jonas Héctor from Koln - All likelihood Fuchs leaves for MLS so experience needed to challenge Chilwell for starting spot.

Mario Gaspar - we need a better footballer at right back and Gaspar is definitely that. Also a good defender that has often operated at CB for Villarreal.

Fellaini - wages would probably prove to be too much but him and Ndidi would make a powerful duo allowing for a more creative midfielder to support Vardy in the number 10 position.

Luan - Gremio - how this guy isn’t plying his trade in one of Europe’s top leagues I’ll never know. He’s tricky, pacy and is a lovely finisher. Would love to see him behind Vardy. 

My ideal lineup for for next year including bench.

Kasper

Gaspar

Dragovic

Maguire (c)

Hector

Ndidi

Fellaini

Mahrez (Gray if he’s gone)

Luan

Albrighton

Vardy

Subs:

Hamer

Chilwell

Morgan

Gray

Silva

Iborra

Iheanacho

Wholesale change isn’t necessary. One or two upgrades and we’re close to having a cracking side. Some may spot I have one or two noticeable absentees (Okazaki, Slimani, Simpson and King) and I feel for SOME, time is up. Slimani and King’s days at LCFC are obviously numbered but for me, the likes of Shinji and Simpson haven’t done enough this season to warrant a place in the squad next season. Shinji works hard but that’s about it and goes huge runs without scoring leaving huge pressure on Vardy.

Plenty of players will have their head on the chopping block this summer and I feel a real change of guard is in the offing. Fingers crossed for some high quality because another transfer window like the last couple isn’t acceptable. 

It think your most noticeable absentee is Diabate. More chance of him playing regularly next season over Gray. 

11 hours ago, Saxondale said:
  • Literally ANY rightback
  • Jonjo Shelvey
  • A big, powerful striker

To think we've desperately wanted a right back for a few seasons now and under Sven we had about 5 right backs. None of them were any good though. Michael Lamey, John Pantsil just to name a couple. We really did have some shit players and really makes me appreciate the players we have now!