Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Claude Puel hints at contract extension for Wes Morgan

3 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

A contract extension for a 34 year old with miles and miles on the clock!. at best it should only be a one year rolling contract depending on game time and performances!

Huth’s career looks over, Dragovic isn’t ours, Maguire is a wanted man. Let’s not sack off the only centre back we have that is guaranteed to be here next season.

Do people seriously not see how this shit works?

Morgan has a bad game and faces criticism.

Reporter asks the manager about the player.

Manager gives a vague response whilst defending said players.

Publication twists the nothing comments into click bait headlines, as they know the fans are questioning the player.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Go on then, let’s have a few, even on Saturday I would say he has equal blame with Maguire and Kasper is probably more to blame.

Trying to search on YouTube but struggling to find highlights haha. Off the top of my head though

West brom 1-4 - he's let Rondon get away from him

Chelsea FA Cup - i'm not sure what his plan was but he drops about 4 yards deeper than the defensive line and gives Morata the freedom of the half

I'll see if I can have a proper look through highlights later. It may just be my massive bias and dislike of him being in the team that's exaggerating my thoughts haha.

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

So so so many goals can be pointed at Wes this season.

He seems to be about 2 or 3 yards from the bloke he's meant to be marking at all times. Add that to the fact he looks like he's a 4 year old learning to play football whenever he receives it to feet. He's really not very good.

He makes a tremendous wall, I'll give him that.

Same for Maguire. 

But Maguire seems to get away with criticism. 

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Trying to search on YouTube but struggling to find highlights haha. Off the top of my head though

Chelsea FA Cup - i'm not sure what his plan was but he drops about 4 yards deeper than the defensive line and gives Morata the freedom of the half

I'll see if I can have a proper look through highlights later. It may just be my massive bias and dislike of him being in the team that's exaggerating my thoughts haha.

Come on, the West Brom goal rests far more on Chilwell than it does Morgan, the ball should never have been able to come in. You see CB's far better than Morgan struggle with a ball in like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

what a waste of money this will be.

Even if it's true, which it's most probably not. Why would it be a waste of money?

You cannot fill a squad out with loads of 26 year olds all expecting to play, unless you are a huge club with an unlimited budget. You need a squad of 25 players, which include a group filling out spaces that are unlikely to be playing. They are usually made up of a few aging players who might pull a shirt of 5 times a season, or young kids coming through.

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

Huth’s career looks over, Dragovic isn’t ours, Maguire is a wanted man. Let’s not sack off the only centre back we have that is guaranteed to be here next season.

There are no serious links about Maguire and even if there were there is no reason to believe our owners will let him leave after one year of a five year contract.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

West Brom goal was Chilwell’s fault and Rondon’s strength more than Morgan’s error. Chelsea was an error between Iheanacho and Mahrez which allowed the counter attack one where Chilwell and Ndidi fail to tackle Willian leaving the defence exposed Maguire goes to the ball Morgan goes to cover Maguire and Simpson does fvck all. We should have done better as we had 3 defenders back, but you can’t single out Morgan to be at fault when at least 5 other players were a fault.

7 hours ago, sylofox said:

He is to me

"TAXI FOR DRAGOVIC"

I think you've got a 2 plus 2 equals 5 here sylo (unless you know something I don't) ..   Drag has proved he can do a job here and if not him, then someone else ...  IF Wes is offered a contract extension then it will be as back up, or for rotation when we get a log jam of fixtures ..   imo.

Edited by Countryfox

Can't fault what he's achieved with the club but time for him to move on. We have to be looking for a replacement for him but also the rest of the back 4 which won the title. I'd imagine huth will be gone, need a replacement for simpson and fuchs (not convinced with chilwell). If morgan is here next season I wouldnt want him starting games. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I think you've got a 2 plus 2 equals 5 here sylo (unless you know something I don't) ..   Drag has proved he can do a job here and if not him, then someone else ...  IF Wes is offered a contract extension then it will be as back up, or for rotation when we get a log jam of fixtures ..   imo.

I've said times Dragovic will not sign as we won't go for him. The club wanted him to start looking for a local house and he wants to live in London. He also told the club he won't buy local as he's keeping his options open.

One or two others that get some info have said prety much the same.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I've said times Dragovic will not sign as we won't go for him. The club wanted him to start looking for a local house and he wants to live in London. He also told the club he won't buy local as he's keeping his options open.

You have missed out the part he was massively pissed at being dropped as soon as Wes was fit. My contact here tells me Drago felt he had done enough to keep his place.  So the signs are he will be offski and Wes will be put on a new contract.  Frigging mess.

20 minutes ago, sylofox said:

9 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

You have missed out the part he was massively pissed at being dropped as soon as Wes was fit. My contact here tells me Drago felt he had done enough to keep his place.  So the signs are he will be offski and Wes will be put on a new contract.  Frigging mess.

Well, looks like we’ve fvcked that one up then ...    :mellow:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

That was the obvious one as I would feel the same. But an all round total fvck  up.

• Like 1

Just because he's likely to be offered a new contract, doesn't mean he's going to play week in week out. Look at Terry in his final season at Chelsea. 

Its not all just about playing, it's about the dressing room and team morale. Plus, the blokes the best captain we've ever had (You know, him that captained us to two league title wins). 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Bert said:

Just because he's likely to be offered a new contract, doesn't mean he's going to play week in week out. Look at Terry in his final season at Chelsea. 

Its not all just about playing, it's about the dressing room and team morale. Plus, the blokes the best captain we've ever had (You know, him that captained us to two league title wins). 

Fickle fans don't get this, we need to accept andvrespect all the title winning squad as legends. Definitely best captain we have ever had. Same goes for drinkwater thread, hope he does well at Chelsea but equally would bite his arm off if he was considering a possible move away. 

1 hour ago, esoog said:

Fickle fans don't get this, we need to accept andvrespect all the title winning squad as legends. Definitely best captain we have ever had. Same goes for drinkwater thread, hope he does well at Chelsea but equally would bite his arm off if he was considering a possible move away. 

Yeah let's give them a lifetime contract, 200 grands a week and a guaranteed place in the starting XI.

1 hour ago, esoog said:

how is it fickle to say someone is no longer good enough, its an honest opinion, being grateful for a dream season is one thing but that doesn't mean you have to keep playing when you have better options

• Like 1

Morgan has had brilliant games this season, and abysmal ones.

Unfortunately a defender needs to be more consistent.  It is the position where consistency is the most important.  A good defence can win one point time after time, regardless of how the forwards are performing.  Unfortunately, he’s no Paolo Maldini, who at 34 was at his most fierce.  Morgan is clearly showing his age.  Time to move on.

Edited by Sionnach gorm

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

how is it fickle to say someone is no longer good enough, its an honest opinion, being grateful for a dream season is one thing but that doesn't mean you have to keep playing when you have better options

Again... Where was it said he should be playing every week? 

21 hours ago, Bert said:

Well said the lack of respect for him is embarrassing 

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

Again... Where was it said he should be playing every week? 

people have been called fickle so saying people like Wes and Simpson shouldn't play anymore, just because the tide of opinion has finally turned doesn't mean the people that said so earlier were fickle