Jump to content
DatfoxesKid23

Should we get rid of the "old guard"

Should we get rid of the old guard?  

160 members have voted

  1. 1. If yes then how should we get rid of them?

    • Phase them out
      106
    • Sell
      26
    • Dont care either way
      12
    • Phase out captain morgan Don't care about or sell the rest
      16


Recommended Posts

How do I vote _  absolutely not?  

 

This is a bias poll!!   The old guard are still better than the current replacements we have. Until that changes they are important to our squad!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's fair to say that most of the players you are referring to are entering the twilight of their careers, in which case I think that they have earned the right to retire as Leicester players if they choose to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

I think it's fair to say that most of the players you are referring to are entering the twilight of their careers, in which case I think that they have earned the right to retire as Leicester players if they choose to. 

So we keep playing Wes as long as he wants?   Fantastic idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people on here and sat around me have been ridiculously harsh on Morgan on here but the past few weeks have been clear that his legs have gone. 

 

He actually played quite well the other night but everything was a bit last ditch and you just thought he was an accident waiting to happen.

 

I fully expect Simpson and Morgan to be upgraded this summer to go with Fuchs and Huth leaving so our entire back 4 from the title win will be gone. I have a feeling Okazaki might also leave along with Mahrez which would mean in August only Vardy, Albrighton and Schmeichel would be left from that team

 

It was inevitable but it would be the end of an era 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, F1_AN said:

Evidence of Morgan leading by example?

Pretty much everything ever said about him from people on the inside of the club. Leading by example isn't just about what happens on the pitch, which by the way he's absolutely always giving his all.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like the term get rid but we certainly need to have a team next season where Morgan, Simpson, Albrighton, Fuchs, Okazaki aren't in our 'best' eleven. Happy for all to be in the squad but if that's going to cause disruption then they need to be moved on. Almost impossible with the wages these guys are on though, can't remember if all got new big contracts after the title win but no one is going to pay them the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evolution not revolution, every year you should be looking to improve or strength the squad.

 

The old guard aren't the problem, the club recuitment process to support them and to improve the squad around them, has been the problem. 

 

Over the last two years we should have seen a slow steady replacement of player coming into the twilight of their careers

 

Morgan, Huth, Simpson, Fuchs,have never been world beater, but a honest, well organised unit. The club's failure to replace the defensive midfield screen in front of them and father time has taken it toil.

 

Out of four defensive position we have only improved one with Harry, the rest are pretty thread bare.

 

Vardy and Mahrez have shouldered the responsibility for the team attacking threat for the last three years, the club has failed spectacularly to supplement and support them, with Musa et al.

 

The midfeild has been decimated by the lose of Kante and Drinkwater, currently only Ndidi looks like a worthy successor, with the jury out on Iborra and Silva.

 

The old guard hasn't fail us, they have continued to try there best but there best isnt always good enough now.

 

A strong dress room is a good thing, without it, there would have been no great escape or no miracle title win.

 

Do they need replacing, of course, every players has a self life, but it should be with dignity and respect.

Edited by coolhandfox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

So we keep playing Wes as long as he wants?   Fantastic idea.

I never said to keep playing Morgan, but if he decides he'd like to retire as a squad player for Leicester then he should be given the opportunity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/04/2018 at 15:56, DatfoxesKid23 said:

I'd say the old guard are 

Morgan

Simpson

Albrighton

James 

Fuchs (Debatable)

King (Debatable)

Vardy (although he is actually good could be part of ranieri the other managers sackings)

Altgough some dont want to admit it they are getting in our way saying who should and shouldnt be at the club and to be frank most of them are shit

 

Get rid of Vardy ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Vardy goes where will the goals come from? All those out on loan can go. They haven't figured since January so I see no point whatsoever in keeping any of them plus Simpson, James & Morgan. It's worth keeping Fuchs and Albrighton at present.

Edited by David Hankey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Staffs Fox said:

I think people on here and sat around me have been ridiculously harsh on Morgan on here but the past few weeks have been clear that his legs have gone. 

 

He actually played quite well the other night but everything was a bit last ditch and you just thought he was an accident waiting to happen.

 

I fully expect Simpson and Morgan to be upgraded this summer to go with Fuchs and Huth leaving so our entire back 4 from the title win will be gone. I have a feeling Okazaki might also leave along with Mahrez which would mean in August only Vardy, Albrighton and Schmeichel would be left from that team

 

It was inevitable but it would be the end of an era 

In the second paragraph you mention everything being last ditch he's been like that ever since he came here and that's down to not reading the game properly. His best season here was when he was alongside Huth who's obviously a great reader of the game and organizer.

Edited by nettle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

The midfeild has been decimated by the lose of Kante and Drinkwater, currently only Ndidi looks like a worthy successor, with the jury out on Iborra and Silva.

 


Mate, let's not re-write the history.

Drinkwater was bad/average most of the time as soon as Kanté left after our title winning season.

Just go back and read the comments when people rightfully criticized his shocking displays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MisterFoxKillen said:


Mate, let's not re-write the history.

Drinkwater was bad/average most of the time as soon as Kanté left after our title winning season.

Just go back and read the comments when people rightfully criticized his shocking displays.

Drinkwater was bad/average for most of his time at Leicester, lets not forget he was kept out of the great escape team by Cambiasso, and James and when James got injured King was picked, he was superb in the promotion and title season but the rest of the time he was nothing special at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly believe Morgan would’ve been binned off and replaced if we didn’t sign Huth, I swear old Robert carried Wes so many times lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

I honestly believe Morgan would’ve been binned off and replaced if we didn’t sign Huth, I swear old Robert carried Wes so many times lol 

 Carrying Wes would be no mean feat ?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MisterFoxKillen said:


Mate, let's not re-write the history.

Drinkwater was bad/average most of the time as soon as Kanté left after our title winning season.

Just go back and read the comments when people rightfully criticized his shocking displays.

 

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Drinkwater was bad/average for most of his time at Leicester, lets not forget he was kept out of the great escape team by Cambiasso, and James and when James got injured King was picked, he was superb in the promotion and title season but the rest of the time he was nothing special at all

Yes, Chelsea really struggled to decided on whether to buy him, King or James, in the end they brought him because the know they couldn't afford James or King.

 

Come on boys he would walk back into out midfield.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is everyone so enthusiastic about the departure of the greatest captain in the clubs history? There should be a place in the squad for Wes Morgan next season if he is happy to stay as backup. We owe him that. 

 

wesmorgan-cropped_1ty9474d58rkv1mfx2wan6uu4s.jpg.b8f522c3d377fa08817efd47413d1251.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, F1_AN said:

Evidence of Morgan leading by example?

No lover of Wes and never thought he's captain material. But credit where it's due he would throw himself in front of a speeding train for us.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The side against the Arse contained many of the old guard, those who replaced others were similar; to the old guard, the style of play was similar to our old style. It was good to watch and we won.

 

Fuchs typified what we have been missing.

 

Incidentally.....you can't just get rid of players. We have several players who are sitting tight as so well paid.

 

Fuchs  has said 'why should i go or want too'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 4everfox said:

Why is everyone so enthusiastic about the departure of the greatest captain in the clubs history? There should be a place in the squad for Wes Morgan next season if he is happy to stay as backup. We owe him that. 

 

wesmorgan-cropped_1ty9474d58rkv1mfx2wan6uu4s.jpg.b8f522c3d377fa08817efd47413d1251.jpg

We owe nobody anything they all got rewarded very well for the league win.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sylofox said:

We owe nobody anything they all got rewarded very well for the league win.

Wow 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Wow 

I'm a LCFC fan players come and go. Some will thank us like Kante Drinky and Mahrez have. Just fvck off at the first opportunity. But LCFC will always be here as I will till the day I die.

 

Sorry if my view is not to your liking.

 

Also do you think Wes would have stayed had a Man U come calling? I don't of like a shot.

Edited by sylofox
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×