Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DatfoxesKid23

Should we get rid of the "old guard"

Should we get rid of the old guard?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. If yes then how should we get rid of them?

• Phase them out
    • Sell
    • Dont care either way
    • Phase out captain morgan Don't care about or sell the rest

Just now, sylofox said:

I'm a LCFC fan players come and go. Some will thank us like Kante Drinky and Mahrez have. Just fvck off at the first opportunity. But LCFC will always be here as I will till the day I die.

Sorry if my view is not to your liking.

No need for an apology, you're entitled to your opinion and I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I disagree. I think with Wes being 34, there is a possibility he might retire next year and I'd be happy for him to stay as a backup player and dressing room leader. I'm not saying this is the case for any player who was part of the title winning team but just that Morgan's age works in his favour for me, I would sell Andy King despite his legendary status for example, because he's still got about 6 or 7 seasons left in him. I just think it would be a shame for us to force him out to end his career somewhere like Stoke when he is perfectly capable of being a 4th choice next season. It should be entirely Morgan's choice whether he would be happy in that role. My opinion is based entirely on sentimentality. I don't mind being sentimental if it's just going to be for a season as a back up player. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

No need for an apology, you're entitled to your opinion and I'm not saying you are wrong, just that I disagree. I think with Wes being 34, there is a possibility he might retire next year and I'd be happy for him to stay as a backup player and dressing room leader. I'm not saying this is the case for any player who was part of the title winning team but just that Morgan's age works in his favour for me, I would sell Andy King despite his legendary status for example, because he's still got about 6 or 7 seasons left in him. I just think it would be a shame for us to force him out to end his career somewhere like Stoke when he is perfectly capable of being a 4th choice next season. It should be entirely Morgan's choice whether he would be happy in that role. My opinion is based entirely on sentimentality. I don't mind being sentimental if it's just going to be for a season as a back up player. 

I have no problem with 99% of what you said. It was the Comment "After all we owe him that"

He got 100k car and a 20k a week pay rise. As I said we owe him nothing he's been paid very well.

Just now, sylofox said:

I have no problem with 99% of what you said. It was the Comment "After all we owe him that"

He got 100k car and a 20k a week pay rise. As I said we owe him nothing he's been paid very well.

I didn't mean we owe him money, I meant we owe him a choice. 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

No lover of Wes and never thought he's captain material. But credit where it's due he would throw himself in front of a speeding train for us.

through necessity due to his poor positional sense

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

We owe nobody anything they all got rewarded very well for the league win.

I can't agree with this. The players owe the club a lot and the club also owes the players. It's a give and take relationship

• 1 month later...