Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fightforever

Ricardo Pereira

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

His profile is exactly what the club should be looking for. 4-4-2 rate him the 10th best right back in the world and the nine above him are already at elite clubs. https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/ranked-10-best-right-backs-world

He has played under Puel whilst at loan at Nice and is an ex winger so offensively at least he should be everything you want in a full back.

We were linked with him in The Sun at the start of the month and was linked with Juventus and Tottenham last summer so his pedigree looks excellent. https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5955609/leicester-22m-swoop-porto-defender-ricardo-pereira/

On paper he looks just about the best right back in the world that would be obtainable for us.

Right age, too. San Sebastián's Odriozola is also a very good right-back. Or alternatively, Hertha's Mitchell Weiser (great right wing-back option).

Or else, Meunier. Meunier. Meunier.

Edited by MC Prussian

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Right age, too. San Sébastian's Odriozola is also a very good right-back. Or alternatively, Hertha's Mitchell Weiser (great right wing-back option).

Or else, Meunier. Meunier. Meunier.

Weiser would be an excellent addition. Good call there Pal. Saw him a few times on TV recently and he impressed. Would cost though I suspect if the Buyer is an English Club.  He will probably end up at .Liverpool or Huddersfield if they stay up.

If he wants to come to the PL then we are probably the club likely to offer him the biggest salary

the thing with all these 'better players' is that they will surely insist on a buyout clause after seeing the mahrez stuff playing out over the last two windows. as long as the clause is high enough then I think we have to agree to get them in. I fear our owners will refuse and that will mean us missing out on talent just below the top level.

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

If he wants to come to the PL then we are probably the club likely to offer him the biggest salary

the thing with all these 'better players' is that they will surely insist on a buyout clause after seeing the mahrez stuff playing out over the last two windows. as long as the clause is high enough then I think we have to agree to get them in. I fear our owners will refuse and that will mean us missing out on talent just below the top level.

I don't think players from that area of the world know what a minimum fee release club of anything under 300m is anyway so thats fine

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

Let's hope so.  I know absolutely nothing about him and have never seen him play but I've always wanted us to sign him. X

I've seen a Youtube video on him and he looked good, so take it from me: we're winning the league next season. No doubt in my mind whatsoever.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

In Porto now visiting in laws, some locals I met in a bar saying deal's as good as done.

Bloke's been quality for them this year, which admittedly doesn't mean much because liga nos is ****ing dogshit.

Edited by z-layrex

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

you were well informed on Maguire sylo. 

Not sure I should of put that. It's not from my usual source. It came from a porto fan. He claims we've talked to porto and they've let us talk to the player.

6 hours ago, Beechey said:

I've seen a Youtube video on him and he looked good, so take it from me: we're winning the league next season. No doubt in my mind whatsoever.

well most of the clips on you tube have been put on there by fake profles from the players agents. we all know that!!! they are not gunna put clips of the player they want to sell for a large price cocking up all the time they only going to use good clips so they make the player look better.

4 hours ago, sylofox said:

Not sure I should of put that. It's not from my usual source. It came from a porto fan. He claims we've talked to porto and they've let us talk to the player.

Quite a way to get from there to your statement then sylo ......

lets be optimistic for the time being ........

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Quite a way to get from there to your statement then sylo ......

lets be optimistic for the time being ........

No it seems only minor things holding it up. From his point he was saying he's ours. But suppose anything could happen.

But look on the bright side if it does happen it should all go through before the deadline. lol lol 

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

No it seems only minor things holding it up. From his point he was saying he's ours. But suppose anything could happen.

But look on the bright side if it does happen it should all go through before the deadline. lol lol 

I doubt rudders has realised its the 11th August ......

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I doubt rudders has realised its the 11th August ......

More to the point when he sees our players in the world cup will he ask the owners why they were sold without his knowledge. lol lol 

• Haha 1

I've not seen him play myself but he does tick a hell of a lot of boxes.

1) Played under Puel at Nice so he knows what he's buying.

2) Rated 10th best right back in the world by 442 magazine.

3) Previously linked with Tottenham and Juventus which although pretty meaningless it can only be a positive.

I like to look at a player I know little of Futhead card just to get an idea of their perceived strengths and weaknesses and according to that he's Jamie Vardy quick, with very good stamina and can defend and attack well. https://www.futhead.com/18/players/48877/ricardo-pereira/

Either you buy young and developing players or better than what you have and looks better than what we have and fits the style Puel wants. It's something we've failed to do often enough since we won the title.

We've spent £115m on the below and none of these are a definite upgrade on what we have which is criminal:

Mendy 

Musa

Slimani

Iheanacho

Silva

Iborra