Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

New Statue

This has been mentioned ..   but I think it would be good if the fans put in their 10p's worth about having a new statue when the stadium is extended.  We could deliver this as a petition and perhaps ask the 'Roof' boys to do something similar ..   and maybe get a bit of media coverage (there must be a few reporters on here).

For me there is only one statue that I would like to see ...  CR and Wes holding that trophy above their heads ...   the manager and the captain ...   what could be better than that ..  its iconic.   However, the reason for this thread before the poll/petition is done is to make sure we have all the possible alternatives on the list to vote for rather than 'none of the above' ...  so what else should we consider ??    And I really don't think it should be a statue of the owners ..   and I don't think it should even be an option in case a low vote would be considered an insult.   We can run this for a week or two then start the poll ...   over to you ! ...   :)

download.jpg

Leicester-Ranieri.jpg

• Like 3

FWIW the club had council approval to erect a brass statue type thing with that photo of Wes, Claudio and the squad with the trophy:

http://rcweb.leicester.gov.uk/planning/onlinequery/Details.aspx?AppNo=20162124

ImageSrc.aspx

Probably didn't happen due to the fallout of the following season.

Edited by urban.spaceman
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

I’ve thought about setting up a Facebook/Twitter page to gauge people’s reaction to this.

Thoughts?. 

It all helps ...   for me its the ONLY one I want to see ..   will probably blub every time I walk by it ...    :D

The Alice Hawking statue (7ft) cost just over £60k, so I'd imagine something with two people is going to be anything from that to £120k. Just set up a crowd fund, I'm sure local business people and the club themselves would all cover most of the costs if it's done right and it gets enough publicity.

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

Walshy or Vardy, for me.

I think the time has past for Walsh, unless he was part of a legends sculpture featuring people from different decades. He doesn't mean enough to people who weren't around then, who seem to prefer and chuffing King.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Oooooh I forgot him, definite Pearson statue with Wes holding the trophy.

CR & Wes Standing on Pearson's shoulders with the quote

If we have achieved more than you it is by standing on the shoulders of a Giant.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I think the time has past for Walsh, unless he was part of a legends sculpture featuring people from different decades. He doesn't mean enough to people who weren't around then, who seem to prefer and chuffing King.

Should have built it when we moved in. Still, if we want more nods back to our history around the ground, the bloke epitomised what we were about for the best part of 2 decades.

• Like 1

Just now, Ted Maul said:

Should have built it when we moved in. Still, if we want more nods back to our history around the ground, the bloke epitomised what we were about for the best part of 2 decades.

Most of the teeny boppers here probably don't know who he is