Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

New Statue

Just now, ARTY_FOX said:

Pearsonites? Seriously? People are still saying that shit?

im not being entirely serious. I said it because I knew it would draw an immediate annoyed response.

And it did. Lets just leave it there ill stick to the topic.

1 minute ago, Donut said:

im not being entirely serious. I said it because I knew it would draw an immediate annoyed response.

And it did. Lets just leave it there ill stick to the topic.

Don't confuse annoyance with contempt. 

But yes let's stick to the topic. If we're to have one statue to capture one iconic moment it has to be  Wes and Claudio lifting the trophy doesn't it? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Don't confuse annoyance with contempt. 

But yes let's stick to the topic. If we're to have one statue to capture one iconic moment it has to be  Wes and Claudio lifting the trophy doesn't it? 

462918230-e1423498001263.jpg?resize=1200

I would object to all statues barring nige throttling james Mcarthur. 

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It would be quite cool to have a mural for all of Leicester's historical moments and iconic images.

Just in my lifetime as a fan youd have Walshy running away with his arms aloft after the Derby goal, the O'Neill goal celebration leap v Spurs, the lifting of the League cup by Claridge, and then Elliott and Lennon, Vardy running away after the 11 in a row goal, Pearson would be in there, and then the centrepiece of the squad with Claudio lifting the Premier League.

But it would be wrecked by mouthbreathers.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Donut said:

It would be quite cool to have a mural for all of Leicester's historical moments and iconic images.

Just in my lifetime as a fan youd have Walshy running away with his arms aloft after the Derby goal, the O'Neill goal celebration leap v Spurs, the lifting of the League cup by Claridge, and then Elliott and Lennon, Vardy running away after the 11 in a row goal, Pearson would be in there, and then the centrepiece of the squad with Claudio lifting the Premier League.

That would be class to be fair. Painted across the whole length of the east stand.

1 hour ago, jonthefox said:

I’ve thought about setting up a Facebook/Twitter page to gauge people’s reaction to this.

Thoughts?. 

Thoughts?

You want to gauge people's reactions to setting up a facebook page to gauge people's reactions?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Would have to be done by the fans if we wanted players. King Power would I'm sure be wanting to put 'Mr Chairman' there.

Hence the petition ..  and a bit of coverage ..  at least give them something to think about before they bung up a statue of Vichai with Top peeping out from his top (lol) pocket ...    

(See what I did there ... ) ...   :) 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

The Alice Hawking statue (7ft) cost just over £60k, so I'd imagine something with two people is going to be anything from that to £120k. Just set up a crowd fund, I'm sure local business people and the club themselves would all cover most of the costs if it's done right and it gets enough publicity.

in such case i propose we do this in spinal tap scale; get the whole squad in for the same price as one.

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

Should have built it when we moved in. Still, if we want more nods back to our history around the ground, the bloke epitomised what we were about for the best part of 2 decades.

Busts of different players would be good, or like I say a legends scene with players from each decade (cost a bloody fortune, but would look amazing).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donut said:

I like that idea as well as the Ranieri/Morgan trophy statue.

Not a fan of imitating over teams but I do like the feature outside the Emirates of the massive squad photo which go from formation to modern squad (for them, up to the last season at Highbury I believe).

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Oooooh I forgot him, definite Pearson statue with Wes holding the trophy.

A giant Pearson holding up a smaller Wes Morgan who in turn is holding the title, representing the significant role Pearson played in our title win. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, murphy said:

Thoughts?

You want to gauge people's reactions to setting up a facebook page to gauge people's reactions?

He PM'd me last night to gauge my reaction to posting in this thread to gauge people's reactions to starting a Facebook page to gauge people's reactions about erecting a statue. I told him to go for it. 

• Haha 1