Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

New Statue

1 minute ago, ST20 said:

How much does a statue cost? Can’t we just people power it and raise the amount to build it?

It would be peanuts for the club.

You could have 300 statues just for the price of one slimani.

Pesonally I'd like to see a dozen or so dotted around the crowd Anthony Gormley style so you could be sitting next to Arthur Rowley or Frank Worthington.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Babylon said:

The Alice Hawking statue (7ft) cost just over £60k, so I'd imagine something with two people is going to be anything from that to £120k. Just set up a crowd fund, I'm sure local business people and the club themselves would all cover most of the costs if it's done right and it gets enough publicity.

If we wanted to do it on the cheap Mahrez would be a good one.

Just do his boots socks shorts and shirt in a pile on the floor. With a little plaque Mahrez the Deserter. lol lol lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Not sure the Don will be happy with that little winkle ....   

May be Wes can lend him a few inches...

• 2 months later...

"In every block of marble I see a statue as plain as though it stood before me, shaped and perfect in attitude and action. I have only to hew away the rough walls that imprison the lovely apparition to reveal it to the other eyes as mine see it."

Michelangelo

Sadly, Mike's no longer available but this is the sculpter of the Alice Hawkins statue Sean Hedges-Quinn

There's a on-going campaign to get a statue of Joseph Merrick (Elephant Man) in Leicester.

A statue to one of our finest, our Gordon, is long over due. Would it really be that difficult ??

22 hours ago, Spudulike said:

"In every block of marble I see a statue as plain as though it stood before me, shaped and perfect in attitude and action. I have only to hew away the rough walls that imprison the lovely apparition to reveal it to the other eyes as mine see it."

Michelangelo

Sadly, Mike's no longer available but this is the sculpter of the Alice Hawkins statue Sean Hedges-Quinn

There's a on-going campaign to get a statue of Joseph Merrick (Elephant Man) in Leicester.

A statue to one of our finest, our Gordon, is long over due. Would it really be that difficult ??

Wait a week and we may start calling for Vardy/Maguire statues as well...

Wouldn't even have to carve out a head for Maguire - just leave the slab as it is lol

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Michelangelo

Can't have a statue of The Elephant Man!.. Everyone would think it's Harry Kane! 

• Haha 1

Reckon any statue built will be done by the individual/company that helped build other statues in the city (such as the 'statue of liberty' near the River Soar and the sportsmen status in the city centre, not sure if the latter is still there).

22 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Reckon any statue built will be done by the individual/company that helped build other statues in the city (such as the 'statue of liberty' near the River Soar and the sportsmen status in the city centre, not sure if the latter is still there).

The Statue of Liberty is not even a proper carved statue.

Originally a lightweight wire and plaster figure, its hollow centre was filled with concrete, making the symbol of freedom weigh in at four tonnes.  https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/history/how-statue-liberty-regained-place-1191171

• Thanks 1