Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

US, France and UK fire missiles at Syria

13 minutes ago, Wookie said:

It already is.

That's the issue with proxy wars though, if there wasn't any western intervention Assad and the Kremlin rule the roost.

That's simply not true.

The 'West' and the Gulf states were conducting a proxy war in Syria long before the Russians became involved. Who do you were arming the so-called rebels?

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

That's simply not true.

The 'West' and the Gulf states were conducting a proxy war in Syria long before the Russians became involved. Who do you were arming the so-called rebels?

Agreed, western intervention is and has been damaging but Russian interests aren't exactly philanthropic either.

23 hours ago, Rogstanley said:

Why aren't the likes of Germany, Australia, Canada, New Zealand etc getting involved? Seems that some western countries are more than happy to take a back seat and I don't see why we can't do the same.

A lot of them don't have the capability that they would need to help. All of those countries you list do not operate cruise missiles in their navies for example, making strikes like this more or less impossible for them unless they want to risk expensive air assets.

Edited by Beechey

38 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Again, two sides in the same game that has been going on for years. The only way it ends well is if somehow both sides stop playing.

Also, not sure how much mileage there is on this one but Mattis seems to have done the world a favour here:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-bowed-to-pentagon-restraint-on-syria-strikes-1523837509

I’m not so sure... had Trump been going full throtle I don’t think May and Macron would have come on board - Macron tried to take credit for ‘downsizing’ himself. 

This ‘intervention’ that essentially equates to using expensive missiles to destroy three empty sheds appears to achieved worse than nothing - in that the hast to act is so questionable, it gives Russia and Syria useful propaganda points and certain May a headache in terms of her demostic reception. 

It it also makes it awkward the next time something like this appears... because the three would then almost be compelled to act in the same brazen manor. 

In short... they really didn’t think it through!

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Because Sky customers are representative of society :unsure: think about what you are posting matey boy. It’s like posting a poll from Paul Masons twitter

Didn't stop them supporting the opposite 5 days ago

Polls: absolute tosh.

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

Not arsed about what these kulaks actually think but concerned when posters post shite without thinking about the source

I'll be sure to run my posts through you from now on to make sure you agree.

12 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Who breeds these people?

Jesus. Assad hasn't caused anyone's deaths, but Theresa May has because "she gave the orders". Assad must just have been sat at home then for the past 7 years of civil war.

Edited by Beechey

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

Who breeds these people?

Harold Shipman and Josef Mengele will be delighted. 

One great thing about social media is the exposure some of these nutters get. Some Labour MPS are standing alongside this mob tonight.

12 minutes ago, MattP said:

Harold Shipman and Josef Mengele will be delighted. 

One great thing about social media is the exposure some of these nutters get. Some Labour MPS are standing alongside this mob tonight.

If you can’t debate without spit being on show, I don’t think you have any right to have your opinion aired. People like that should be censored.

Guest FriendlyRam

I thought frothing at the mouth was just a saying lol

That woman is literally frothing at the mouth, and we're suppose to take her opinion seriously :dry:

Just goes to show that being nuts isn't wing-specific. Exhibit B: anti vaxxers.

Still do think a more detailed discussion should have been had before the fireworks show though.

5 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I’m not so sure... had Trump been going full throtle I don’t think May and Macron would have come on board - Macron tried to take credit for ‘downsizing’ himself. 

This ‘intervention’ that essentially equates to using expensive missiles to destroy three empty sheds appears to achieved worse than nothing - in that the hast to act is so questionable, it gives Russia and Syria useful propaganda points and certain May a headache in terms of her demostic reception. 

It it also makes it awkward the next time something like this appears... because the three would then almost be compelled to act in the same brazen manor. 

In short... they really didn’t think it through!

Don't disagree there at all. Another point that makes you wonder about Trump, though.

Guest FriendlyRam
8 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

No, not because of the froth,but because she is from Direby.

They can keep her down London we don't want her back as we've got enough on our plate with that team lol 

3 hours ago, Beechey said:

Jesus. Assad hasn't caused anyone's deaths, but Theresa May has because "she gave the orders". Assad must just have been sat at home then for the past 7 years of civil war.

Just to point out... there where no casualties reported, they only hit empty sheds.