Jump to content
Collymore

US, France and UK fire missiles at Syria

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, toddybad said:

 

44 minutes ago, Salisbury Fox said:

A fascinating (if morbid) read either way.

 

It certainly wouldn't surprise me that the Russians and Syrian leadership are trying to drop the hammer on the truth, but then at the same time I don't see any reason for the locals in the Indy article (or the doc they spoke to) to lie either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/04/2018 at 19:21, Kopfkino said:

Who breeds these people?

The more I watch this the more it reminds me of this:

 

 

In all serious though she really does deserve a lot of credit for reaching that age of life despite being totally insane.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mass media fed stupidity of the human race astounds me.

 

A year ago the end of the world was imminent due to North V South Korea war.

One month ago the end of the world was moments away due to USA/Korea tensions

Now suddenly the war and feuds are over and we are safe.

 

Syria, a country that was part of the fight against the axis of evil in the 2000's is now our most feared enemy and must be blown out of existence.

 

"Chemical weapon usage" the modern version of "Weapons of mass destruction"

 

We are living 1984....

....there is a state of perpetual war between the nations of Oceania, Eurasia and Eastasia. The enemy in the conflict is ambiguous, and the battlefield exists in an elusive and distant land. The enemy could be Eurasia one day, and Eastasia the next, but that location is really insignificant.

 

The mission of perpetual war for these superpowers is to justify psychological and physical control over their populations, to keep their people busy, fearful and hateful towards the enemy.

 

The perpetual war also serves as an excuse for a nation’s failings and shortcomings. The economy, the labor force and industry are all centered around war rather than consumer goods. People live a miserable existence with poverty and no hope of improving their standard of living.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

The mass media fed stupidity of the human race astounds me.

 

A year ago the end of the world was imminent due to North V South Korea war.

One month ago the end of the world was moments away due to USA/Korea tensions

Now suddenly the war and feuds are over and we are safe.

 

Syria, a country that was part of the fight against the axis of evil in the 2000's is now our most feared enemy and must be blown out of existence.

 

"Chemical weapon usage" the modern version of "Weapons of mass destruction"

Ridiculous to compare this to Iraq - Nothing like it and the eight objectives of that war resemble nothing to what those strikes were about on Saturday. There will be no regime change and the civil war will come to a natural conclusion.

 

As for the "end of the World" around the Korean nations - the only people claiming that were the ones getting hysterical about Trump.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only issue with this kind of air strike in relation to destroying Assad’s chemical weapons capability is that it’s come 6 years too late and it should have been done by the UN but they are an increasingly toothless waste of time.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

The only issue with this kind of air strike in relation to destroying Assad’s chemical weapons capability is that it’s come 6 years too late and it should have been done by the UN but they are an increasingly toothless waste of time.

It does seem ridiculous to have a UN where one permanent member can veto any action, makes it incredibly impotent in dealing with any matter where the US or Russia have a vested interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MattP said:

It does seem ridiculous to have a UN where one permanent member can veto any action, makes it incredibly impotent in dealing with any matter where the US or Russia have a vested interest.

UN intervention should be nothing to do with voting. It should apply on a baseline humanitarian level or ethical level. The reason it’s not done like that is because if the UN provided military intervention to every country where genocide etc was taking place we’d need much bigger pockets... sad really. 

 

I disagree with boots on the ground and believe the negotiating table is the only real way forward to create change but a line should be drawn when innocents on mass are fleeing and dying in their thousands and the use of chemical weapons needs curbing quicksmart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MattP said:

Ridiculous to compare this to Iraq - Nothing like it and the eight objectives of that war resemble nothing to what those strikes were about on Saturday. There will be no regime change and the civil war will come to a natural conclusion.

 

As for the "end of the World" around the Korean nations - the only people claiming that were the ones getting hysterical about Trump.

 

And Kim.

 

"He's gonna launch on Guam/Japan/Mars any second now!!!!1111", anyone?

 

5 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

UN intervention should be nothing to do with voting. It should apply on a baseline humanitarian level or ethical level. The reason it’s not done like that is because if the UN provided military intervention to every country where genocide etc was taking place we’d need much bigger pockets... sad really. 

 

I disagree with boots on the ground and believe the negotiating table is the only real way forward to create change but a line should be drawn when innocents on mass are fleeing and dying in their thousands and the use of chemical weapons needs curbing quicksmart.

Agree with this, but the nationalists in the big countries would never accept a power that could overrule their own, even if they were willing to shell out the money to make it work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MattP said:

Ridiculous to compare this to Iraq - Nothing like it and the eight objectives of that war resemble nothing to what those strikes were about on Saturday. There will be no regime change and the civil war will come to a natural conclusion.

 

As for the "end of the World" around the Korean nations - the only people claiming that were the ones getting hysterical about Trump.

 

Well yes, but i think this ones worse than Iraq in the sense it’s a much clearer proxy war, with Russia and the US very active on different sides of the fence and ISIS playing a third wheel to make it even more difficult. 

 

The relief I can take from this latest episode is that it seems clear, neither Russia or the US want to go full on against each other - that the targets were so benign and away from Russian troops and artiliary speaks volume.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×