Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Negativity

Really do feel sorry for the owners because the recruitment has been nothing short of farcical, wasting tens of millions on utter rubbish is so frustrating, how Macia and Rudkin remain I don’t know, only Ndidi and maguire have been good signings since we won the league, the fall is almost as fast as the rise for leicester and that is depressing 

Edited by jonny_wright
  • Like 2

Moving away from the general gripes about the team and manager, I've read some bizarre things on here in the past 18 months. Our title-winning manager being labelled a fraud and our Champions League group not being "glamourous" enough as the stand-outs.

I understand that poor results and style of play will bring negative comments but the two above I mentioned are downright odd and makes you wonder what we'll actually do to make some content with their club.

6 hours ago, woznotwos said:

Disagree. He wont commit because he's not playing. During the spell when Morgan was injured and he was on the pitch he said he was hoping to stay. I guess he was as surprised as us when he was dropped.

First of all he has massively dicked by Puel who plays Morgan despite some major screw-ups.  Secondly, he is not under contract to LCFC.   So if we do try to sign him, and he is given assurances that players will be picked on merit as opposed to what they achieved 2 seasons ago, then maybe, just maybe, he may commit to buying a property in Leicestershire?  From what I have heard, we may screwed this one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Le god said:

One thing you will have to get used to with puel as manager is negativity 

It will never go away even if he wins more than he loses 

The fans will always be divided under him as many like me, refuse to accept his dreary negative sideways football and his dreary negative boring personality 

The Southampton forums read exactly the same as foxes forums this time last year and despite our horrific season we are still happy and relieved that puel is gone

Great to hear that you're happy and relieved that he's gone. Have a nice trip in the Championship.

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

I caught up on the Saintsweb Puel-to-Leicester thread yesterday and it is divisive.  But half or more regret his binning for Pellegrini.

On here, there is still room for thoughtful diversity of opinion as no one knows which way this will go.  As relegation becomes a certainty, the Saintsweb lot bleating on about boring football and a $#it eighth place, have merely outed themselves as stupid.  The tidal wave of posters predicting a mullering by us this week, is far more telling than their noise.

Southampton's position doesn't prove that they were wrong to sack Puel, just that they picked the wrong replacement.

• Like 4

Context is a wonderful thing, I love how Puel is excused by many because of some of the players he has at his disposal.

Not the fact that we have (normally a bench thats worth about 80m) or a team that Iheanacho 25m and Gray 25-30m cant get into.

He has at his disposal a ridiculous squad when you think what previous managers have had.

A point in front of a team 9th minus 15 tells you all you need to know about the league this year

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Southampton's position doesn't prove that they were wrong to sack Puel, just that they picked the wrong replacement.

Exactly.

Using similar bizarre logic, comparisons that mean absolutely nothing and make no sense whatsoever at this point last season West Brom were 8th on 44 points, they finished the season in 10th with 45 points.

I don't think it's outrageous to suggest the same could happen to us this season.

It must mean we'll be in a relegation battle next season. :S

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

He has had the majority of the season to implement his ideas and whether it's working or not remains to be seen, no one wants the club to lose are you for real...

Some people used to rant and rave at Pearson so people having a dig at the manager is the norm on here... I think you've hit the nail on the head.. Pearson built a hard working team like Dyche has done at Burnley who play for each other and get results we have been in 8th for the majority of the season and the majority of the matches for 45minutes we have been dog turd.

My main gripe with Puel is his lack of motivation, and if he talks to the players how he talks to the media then are the players really going to be that arsed, I can't make out what the bloke is trying to say at times so what do the players feel.

bring back Pearson and rebuild

Maybe this is the way forward,bring back Pearson to rebuild then Ranieri to take it to the next level!

11 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

He has had the majority of the season to implement his ideas and whether it's working or not remains to be seen, no one wants the club to lose are you for real...

Some people used to rant and rave at Pearson so people having a dig at the manager is the norm on here... I think you've hit the nail on the head.. Pearson built a hard working team like Dyche has done at Burnley who play for each other and get results we have been in 8th for the majority of the season and the majority of the matches for 45minutes we have been dog turd.

My main gripe with Puel is his lack of motivation, and if he talks to the players how he talks to the media then are the players really going to be that arsed, I can't make out what the bloke is trying to say at times so what do the players feel.

bring back Pearson and rebuild

Just...no.  our problems are above niges pay grade.  But we go needca managr withh vision and leadrrship... ad wothout these they can be a technically adept as you like...but it wont go anywhere.

18 hours ago, chapero82 said:

4 wins in 16 this is Peter Taylor form going into next season! 

We we have gone backwards from his bright start this isn’t negativity it’s pure facts! 

People really need to stop bragging about 8th! We are 9 points behind Burnley! 

You Like pure facts..just to reiterate...pure Fact we are 8th,maybe 10th!!

Tell me how often and when,we have achieved,anything Like our last 4yrs.Even 7 yrs.

Burnley are this season better,I feel no shame.

We have since Xmas,played some rotten stuff,During some good moments.

I'm not renewing my season ticket, I've been about 6 times all season. I'm bored. Genuinely think I'm a casual fan at best now, disgraceful of me but what we did 2 years ago was the Pinnacle and I can't be arsed now. We've done it, let someone else have a go. We should pack it in for a laugh. 

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Tell me how often and when,we have achieved,anything Like our last 4yrs.Even 7 yrs.

The last time a manager put us in this bad form we nearly got relegated! 

We could easily take this into next season! Just like we did with the great escape season! 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not renewing my season ticket, I've been about 6 times all season. I'm bored. Genuinely think I'm a casual fan at best now, disgraceful of me but what we did 2 years ago was the Pinnacle and I can't be arsed now. We've done it, let someone else have a go. We should pack it in for a laugh. 

I was thinking the same thing then I realised I love Leicester too much and would follow us with relegation to league one all over again lol 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I was thinking the same thing then I realised I love Leicester too much and would follow us with relegation to league one all over again lol 

I need to feel that which I'm sure I will do once I stop going next season. 

As football fans we reflect what our teams give us. When the team rocks then so do we but when  the team gives us dross we react with negativity. When Morgan or any other player pull that shirt on & step on the field they are open to comment. Don't expect a fan to blindly accept what is given them. I remain a City fan always but won't accept mediocrity or a lack of effort

Edited by gurru991

52 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Let’s not just pretend we are there on merit alone, what’s our wage budget?

where does our transfer budget rate in the league?? probably where we stand, silly to compare other years.

33 minutes ago, Corky said:

Normally winning a game would cheer the place up a bit but I don't think that applies this week.

Seeing Man Utd lose 1-0 at home to the worst team in the league should have as well. We're a bunch of miserable gits!

20 hours ago, chapero82 said:

4 wins in 16 this is Peter Taylor form going into next season! 

We we have gone backwards from his bright start this isn’t negativity it’s pure facts! 

People really need to stop bragging about 8th! We are 9 points behind Burnley! 

We're ahead of Everton and Newcastle.

Could be worse.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Let’s not just pretend we are there on merit alone, what’s our wage budget?

where does our transfer budget rate in the league?? probably where we stand, silly to compare other years.

Its those silly comparison Year that earnt us  our/those wage and transfer budgets.

Whether we have been clever,better,or worse than others using improved finances is another point!!

18 hours ago, Le god said:

One thing you will have to get used to with puel as manager is negativity 

It will never go away even if he wins more than he loses 

The fans will always be divided under him as many like me, refuse to accept his dreary negative sideways football and his dreary negative boring personality 

The Southampton forums read exactly the same as foxes forums this time last year and despite our horrific season we are still happy and relieved that puel is gone

Sorry if this sounds shallow, but if Leicester win I don't give a hootinanny how they play.

atm there is just a "meh" feeling for me with it all at the club, just some things the last few weeks/month or 2 that gripe, the fact some players keep getting picked week after week with dross performances and such plus the fact we dont seem to start playing until we are losing,

dont get me wrong its bad at times, but then I remember ive seen us play worse and not in the too distant past either

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I’ve not been down to the KP all season. I’ve done more away games (for the laff).

• Haha 1