Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Negativity

14 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

People have absolutely no idea whatsoever whether Puel motivates his players or not. Instead they blindly judge him on meaningless short soundbtes made to the media by a man whose English isn't his first language and whose probably being very careful he doesn't say something that will be taken out of context by out mischievous media. There have been numerous well known top players that have come out to say how Puel motivated and had a big influence on their careers albeit mostly French. Nevertheless certain people like to jump on this popularist negative band wagon without a clue about how the man works with his players.

lol you have no idea either how he works, surely anyone with a brain would be able to see that he isn't exactly the type to start throwing F's n C's round the changing room or even raise his voice.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

lol you have no idea either how he works, surely anyone with a brain would be able to see that he isn't exactly the type to start throwing F's n C's round the changing room or even raise his voice.

We've had those type AS well,but didnt have a better agreeable forum because of it.

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Anyone with a brain wouldn't make a fact out of an opinion. Unless you were in the dressing room, your claim is just a speculation without the slightest proof.

Edited by ZeGuy

6 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

That's the point I'm making, I don't and you don't! Didn't realise that you had to throw f's and c's around to motivate people. Each manager probably uses different methods but as for Puel we can only guess.

• Like 1

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

That's the point I'm making, I don't and you don't! Didn't realise that you had to throw f's and c's around to motivate people. Each manager probably uses different methods but as for Puel we can only guess.

fair enough, what I meant was I can't see him rallying the players up like a Pearson type manager or commanding the respect of a Ranieri type of manager, hes just well bleh.

6 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

We're ahead of Everton and Newcastle.

Could be worse.

Sounds a bit like clinging onto straws.

Our form since mid-December 2017 is slightly worrying.

Newcastle have won four in a row now.

Everton have the better record than us over the past five games.

Watford and Bournemouth are six and seven points behind us.

We better keep all of those teams at a distance, or else Puel's record in 2018 will start to look very discomforting.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Sounds a bit like clinging onto straws.

Our form since mid-December 2017 is slightly worrying.

Newcastle have won four in a row now.

Everton have the better record than us over the past five games.

Watford and Bournemouth are six and seven points behind us.

We better keep all of those teams at a distance, or else Puel's record in 2018 will start to look very discomforting.

The term "clutching at straws" is indicative of desperately trying to survive a virtually hopeless situation.

Which being eighth in the Premier League is not.

Many people consider Martin O'Neill to be our best ever manager, yet the best we ever did under him was eighth, so it's hardly a tragedy.

Might I suggest that any clutching at straws comes merely from delusions of grandeur. A hefty dose of realism shows this season as being okay, and, you know what? That's okay.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

The term "clutching at straws" is indicative of desperately trying to survive a virtually hopeless situation.

Which being eighth in the Premier League is not.

Many people consider Martin O'Neill to be our best ever manager, yet the best we ever did under him was eighth, so it's hardly a tragedy.

Might I suggest that any clutching at straws comes merely from delusions of grandeur. A hefty dose of realism shows this season as being okay, and, you know what? That's okay.

I was using the term "clutching onto straws" with regards to us still standing above Everton and Newcastle, a point you brought up.

Which in itself and given our current set of results and the football on show hardly is a medal of honor and/or an argument in favour of Puel (and some of our players, I might add).

O'Neill did great for us under the circumstances, he was also operating on a shoestring budget and by assembling a squad out of journeyman and players other teams had given up on or the ones that had gotten forgotten (Cottee in Malaysia springs to mind). (I might exaggerate, but I do hope you get my point)

To compare our situation now under Puel with the one under O'Neill is again very far-fetched.

I don't see why people criticizing our current manager, our style of play or the attitude of some of our players are labeled as having "delusions of grandeur". I really don't see the point in (vaguely) tarring your own fellow fans with that brush. It accomplishes absolutely nothing. As a fan, nobody at the club ought to be exempt from (deserved) criticism, no matter what the time or occasion.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2926909/sevilla-defender-adil-rami-reveals-crazy-southampton-boss-claude-puel-could-cause-flashpoints-while-manager-at-lille-and-would-elbow-him-if-he-was-losing-a-race/

16 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

I was using the term "clutching onto straws" with regards to us still standing above Everton and Newcastle, a point you brought up.

Which in itself and given our current set of results and the football on show hardly is a medal of honor and/or an argument in favour of Puel (and some of our players, I might add).

O'Neill did great for us under the circumstances, he was also operating on a shoestring budget and by assembling a squad out of journeyman and players other teams had given up on or the ones that had gotten forgotten (Cottee in Malaysia springs to mind). (I might exaggerate, but I do hope you get my point)

To compare our situation now under Puel with the one under O'Neill is again very far-fetched.

I don't see why people criticizing our current manager, our style of play or the attitude of some of our players are labeled as having "delusions of grandeur". I really don't see the point in (vaguely) tarring your own fellow fans with that brush. It accomplishes absolutely nothing. As a fan, nobody at the club ought to be exempt from (deserved) criticism, no matter what the time or occasion.

When the criticism is overly harsh and or narrow-minded, the critic deserves everything they get.

It seems that the main criticism is boring, defensive football and yet Puel's only signing so far, Diabaté, is an exciting player of whom the main criticism could be he's not cautious enough.

I'm not particularly a Puel fan, but I am a fan of giving a guy a fair crack of the whip. I'm more than happy to give him next season unless we're in real danger of relegation.

There's a reason the phrase, "Rome wasn't built in a day", has become a well known saying.

• Like 3

I have no negativity toward Puel at all other than him continuing to pick Simpson & Morgan. i genuinely think our results would've been so much better since February if they hadn't have been in the team. I really like what Puel is trying to do with our club, but when half of your defence (where he's trying to build from) are terrified of the ball its very difficult. 

Just now, Trav Le Bleu said:

When the criticism is overly harsh and or narrow-minded, the critic deserves everything they get.

It seems that the main criticism is boring, defensive football and yet Puel's only signing so far, Diabaté, is an exciting player of whom the main criticism could be he's not cautious enough.

I'm not particularly a Puel fan, but I am a fan of giving a guy a fair crack of the whip. I'm more than happy to give him next season unless we're in real danger of relegation.

There's a reason the phrase, "Rome wasn't built in a day", has become a well known saying.

That, my friend, is again entirely subjective.

I wonder what's positive about our current set of results, going back to mid-December 2017, apart from a few shining lights like Vardy (Mr. Constant) or Diabaté? My guess is Mahrez' role this past January shouldn't be underestimated, but still... We've seen the same dross served during the first 45 minutes on a pretty much constant basis, and only mind the game when we're forced to do so. That's where the manager should have intervened. So either he hasn't (enough) or the team doesn't respond to him any longer.

It's pretty clear its both the managers and the players' fault, but we all know managers always walk first. You can't sack eleven to twenty players at once. Might be related to that whole "player power" debate that is going on right now.

My hope is that both can turn it around with five games to go, because otherwise it'll be history repeating for Claude Puel, and that doesn't bode well for a common cooperation past May 2018.

17 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

I have no negativity toward Puel at all other than him continuing to pick Simpson & Morgan. i genuinely think our results would've been so much better since February if they hadn't have been in the team. I really like what Puel is trying to do with our club, but when half of your defence (where he's trying to build from) are terrified of the ball its very difficult. 

Amartey has been injured and our form with Dragovic starting is 1W, 2D, 3L I believe (I posted it on here the other day, would need to double check that's the case).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

When you say "this is Peter Taylor type form", could you expand on that? We won 2 and drew 2 premier league games out of 18, losing 14 from the moment our form went to shit under him. 

Over our last 18 games we've won 6, drawn 5, lost 7. If I give Stoke Saints and West Brom an extra game. Over their 19 games and our 18 we're at least still 11 points ahead of them.

Over that 18 game mini season, we're only 2 points off 9th and 3 points of what Arsenal have accumulated in 7th.  Cut it down another 6 games, and over a 12 game mini season we've got more points than Chelsea, same as Arsenal and Everton and are 2 points off Burnley in 6th.

Our form isn't great, performances are worrying. But a bit of perspective, outside the top 6 we're about par for the course.

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 15.44.30.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 15.46.28.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 15.54.32.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 15.57.01.png

It is pure facts we have gone backwards 

Babylon just posted facts and stats instead of conjecture and, IMHO, nailed the whole “relegation form” argument.

A brilliant and much needed post.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum.  Or, as my old Dad used to say after concluding a convincing argument “There you go. Perry F**kin Mason.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Babylon just posted facts and stats instead of conjecture and, IMHO, nailed the whole “relegation form” argument.

A brilliant and much needed post.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum.  Or, as my old Dad used to say after concluding a convincing argument “There you go. Perry F**kin Mason.”

Sadly, I cannot both haha and thumbs up this post, so went with haha.

17 hours ago, Babylon said:

Amartey has been injured and our form with Dragovic starting is 1W, 2D, 3L I believe (I posted it on here the other day, would need to double check that's the case).

That may be the case. I'd honestly rather you played at RB than Simpson. Genuinely so sick of the sight of him.