Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Negativity

1 hour ago, chicagofox said:

And if you’re still wondering why there is so much negativity, I offer up that stinking pile of crap against Southampton.

Oh come off it, we came up against a team bang in form who have one 1 out of the last 21, surely you didnt think we would score against them ??

• Haha 1

On 4/16/2018 at 22:34, MC Prussian said:

I was using the term "clutching onto straws" with regards to us still standing above Everton and Newcastle, a point you brought up.

Which in itself and given our current set of results and the football on show hardly is a medal of honor and/or an argument in favour of Puel (and some of our players, I might add).

O'Neill did great for us under the circumstances, he was also operating on a shoestring budget and by assembling a squad out of journeyman and players other teams had given up on or the ones that had gotten forgotten (Cottee in Malaysia springs to mind). (I might exaggerate, but I do hope you get my point)

To compare our situation now under Puel with the one under O'Neill is again very far-fetched.

I don't see why people criticizing our current manager, our style of play or the attitude of some of our players are labeled as having "delusions of grandeur". I really don't see the point in (vaguely) tarring your own fellow fans with that brush. It accomplishes absolutely nothing. As a fan, nobody at the club ought to be exempt from (deserved) criticism, no matter what the time or occasion.

Good post. To compare O’Neill with our situation now is just plain ridiculous.

We don’t have delusions of grandeur. We simply want to watch good football from our club, with some wins thrown in. People can put up all the stats they like and compare us to being under Peter Taylor’s reign etc...but that’s, as usual, providing a smokescreen to what we are really seeing on the pitch at present. Which is generally lacklustre performances.

Edited by Col city fan

He said we played with intensity.... he must be crazy

Good level if performance ...quality....

I paid 30 to watch us labour against a poor southampton... we created one chance. it followed the impotant pattern seen v stoke swansea bournmouth newcastle palace...

I think he might be a technical manager... but to try and change the game at 89mins when it was clear by 50 that nothing had changed.

Morgan rightly dropped coz of poor performance.  Time to bench peul 

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Get this French fool out of our club, two subs on 89 mins I ask you, wanting to try out a couple of young players, the ball boys got more of a run out.

Without being rude clueless is the only word for him.

If he had bought the two lads on after 70 and we lost 1 - 0 he would have got slaughtered, we can find fault with everything after the event quite easily......personally, not a great performance, some nicefootball first half, decent last 25, no cutting edge, must have played 7 under 23’s.....we are 8th

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reg Vardy said:

If he had bought the two lads on after 70 and we lost 1 - 0 he would have got slaughtered, we can find fault with everything after the event quite easily......personally, not a great performance, some nicefootball first half, decent last 25, no cutting edge, must have played 7 under 23’s.....we are 8th

tenor.gif?itemid=7180039

Your post reeks of conjecture.

First of all, he just didn't bring the two lads on after 70 minutes, but only in the closing stages, when there was little to impact they could've had any longer. Barnes has shown some really good games in the Championship for Barnsley and I believe we could've done with more creativity through the middle earlier into the second half.

Secondly, we didn't lose the match and will never know what would've been IF we had brought them on earlier.

What's the point of bringing on two players in the 91st minute, anyway? You usually do that to waste time when you're under pressure!

Mahrez should've been subbed way earlier, and I would've left Iheanacho on the pitch instead. But that's just me.

Just another variation of trying to defend the what unfortunately is becoming more and more the indefensible.

Edited by MC Prussian

1 hour ago, Always Next Year said:

Get this French fool out of our club, two subs on 89 mins I ask you, wanting to try out a couple of young players, the ball boys got more of a run out.

Without being rude clueless is the only word for him.

Running the clock down weren’t he?

Gray certainly was when he walked off

52 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

The booing tonight was pathetic, honestly it makes me ashamed to associate with such a deluded fan base at times. People have such short memories, when we were bottom 3 only 3 years ago we were pretty much exactly the same as Southampton, set up to be hard to beat and counter attack, frustrate teams people forget that we were in that exact position. But no our fans think we should be battering tes because they are below them we all should no it's not that easy! 

I can't be the only one that see the posistivies out of of last night and against Burnley?! The future looks so good for our club but it could so easily be ruined by unfortunately amquote large chunk of our spoilt fans. 

I don't like the booing either, but who can blame these fans?

It's been mostly a turgid affair in the past five months. Why should they be labeled "delusional"?

I'd like to ask you: Should we be thankful for this manager, some of these players, these performances as of late?

What's there positive to say about it? We're neither hard to break down, nor do we take the game into our own hand. Throwing matches away in the first half left and right, or letting it slide in the second half isn't a label of quality both with regards to the manager or the players (with a few exceptions, like Vardy for instance).

I bet most fans remember EXACTLY where we were three years ago, and THAT'S WHY THEY'RE DISCONTENT.

We won the league two years ago (unexpectedly), but no one expected us to repeat that feat.

Top Six is a distant dream, but at least have a go at what we realistically can achieve or could've achieved this season - pipping Burnley to 7th spot, play some Europa League. Isn't that what every football fan dreams of, apart from winning titles and trophies?

Should our ambition always be to remain in the Premier League at all costs, and that's it? Hardly anyone would've thought we'd be that close to 7th spot for such a long period this season (at some stage, we were ahead of Burnley, remember?), yet it's painful to see how the manager and the players have lost interest and the motivation to have a go for it.

I'm fed up with some fans criticizing other fans for stating the obvious and being critical of our setup, the manager and the players. Should they be censored, their opinion be subdued? Is that what you want? How would that help anyone?

Again, what positives are there, I might ask?

You want us all to be more patient? Alright, I'll give Puel the last four more matches to turn it around and win the fans over again. He's walking a thinner line with each passing game.

Edited by MC Prussian

Am I the only one who thought that was a vast improvement on what we saw against Burnley?

The passing was much improved, there was more intensity but we created few chances against a packed Southampton defence. The defence looked much stronger with Dragovic alongside Maguire, Albrighton making runs down the right, midfield more industrious with Ndidi and Silva and Iheanacho showing some of the talent he undoubtedly possesses. Hamer had little to do but didn't put a foot wrong with the little he had. Unfortunately we produced few clear cut chances and Mahrez did little all match long considering how skilful he is.

Give me that display any day after some of the rubbish we have seen.

Puel is working with the remnants of the Premiership winning team and it's time some of them were moved on. They are clearly not what they were. This should have been done ages ago so instead of a minor issue we now have a major rebuild, not only in terms of playing staff but tactics too. How long have we known we needed a new RB and a new central defender. Time for a clear out.

Edited by oldbluefox

24 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

It's been mostly a turgid affair in the past five months. Why should they be labeled "delusional"?

I'd like to ask you: Should we be thankful for this manager, some of these players, these performances as of late?

What's there positive to say about it? We're neither hard to break down, nor do we take the game into our own hand. Throwing matches away in the first half left and right, or letting it slide in the second half isn't a label of quality both with regards to the manager or the players (with a few exceptions, like Vardy for instance).

I bet most fans remember EXACTLY where we were three years ago, and THAT'S WHY THEY'RE DISCONTENT.

We won the league two years ago (unexpectedly), but no one expected us to repeat that feat.

Top Six is a distant dream, but at least have a go at what we realistically can achieve or could've achieved this season - pipping Burnley to 7th spot, play some Europa League. Isn't that what every football fan dreams of, apart from winning titles and trophies?

Should our ambition always be to remain in the Premier League at all costs, and that's it? Hardly anyone would've thought we'd be that close to 7th spot for such a long period this season (at some stage, we were ahead of Burnley, remember?), yet it's painful to see how the manager and the players have lost interest and the motivation to have a go for it.

I'm fed up with some fans criticizing other fans for stating the obvious and being critical of our setup, the manager and the players. Should they be censored, their opinion be subdued? Is that what you want? How would that help anyone?

You want us all to be more patient? Alright, I'll give Puel the last four more matches to turn it around and win the fans over again. He's walking a thinner line with each passing game.

Yeah i can blame the fans for the booing there is absolutely no need for it, it will just make things worse we played OK last night, yes the final 3rd could have been better but all in all it was a solid result against a team fighting to stay in the league.

Yes we should be thankful we made a change early in the season and it worked for us we are in a better position now to what we were in September so yeah you should be thankful. Look at the other teams that have changed managers this season, Stoke, Southampton, West Brom, Everton they are all below us now and when we changed to Puel they were all above us!

I honestly DON’T think the fans REMEMBER 3 years ago there are too many still dining out on the year we did the miracle, football has changed in the last two years and it’s probably our fault of course it would be nice to be challenging for trophies and the highest league position but look at the teams above us they all have one thing in common and that’s stability. Not one of the clubs have changed their manager, had players going on strike or have their fans booing their players off the pitch after dominating a game and struggling to score.

You ask for Positives well how about just from last night..... We made 3 changes out of a back 5 and kept a clean sheet. 90% of fans wanted Morgan and Simpson dropped they were we kept a clean sheet. Iheanacho looks better every game he plays. We had a mixture of youth with experience and bedding in the future mixing them with the first team squad and for the whole season the positives outweigh the negatives.

And the final point you make you give Puel 4 more games to please you?! So you are giving a man not even 1 full season in charge before you judge him properly? without a preseason? without being able to actually put his own spin on the team? and you think that is a fair assessment before you give him the chop and seek yet another change at the top? Then i respect your opinion of course but i can’t agree with you i really cant.

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Yeah i can blame the fans for the booing there is absolutely no need for it, it will just make things worse we played OK last night, yes the final 3rd could have been better but all in all it was a solid result against a team fighting to stay in the league.

Yes we should be thankful we made a change early in the season and it worked for us we are in a better position now to what we were in September so yeah you should be thankful. Look at the other teams that have changed managers this season, Stoke, Southampton, West Brom, Everton they are all below us now and when we changed to Puel they were all above us!

I honestly DON’T think the fans REMEMBER 3 years ago there are too many still dining out on the year we did the miracle, football has changed in the last two years and it’s probably our fault of course it would be nice to be challenging for trophies and the highest league position but look at the teams above us they all have one thing in common and that’s stability. Not one of the clubs have changed their manager, had players going on strike or have their fans booing their players off the pitch after dominating a game and struggling to score.

You ask for Positives well how about just from last night..... We made 3 changes out of a back 5 and kept a clean sheet. 90% of fans wanted Morgan and Simpson dropped they were we kept a clean sheet. Iheanacho looks better every game he plays. We had a mixture of youth with experience and bedding in the future mixing them with the first team squad and for the whole season the positives outweigh the negatives.

And the final point you make you give Puel 4 more games to please you?! So you are giving a man not even 1 full season in charge before you judge him properly? without a preseason? without being able to actually put his own spin on the team? and you think that is a fair assessment before you give him the chop and seek yet another change at the top? Then i respect your opinion of course but i can’t agree with you i really cant.

OK ok... 

But apart from getting us to 8th in the table, getting us out of relegation trouble when he came,  bringing through youth players,  dropping Morgan and Simpson.....

What has Puel ever done for us!!? 

10 minutes ago, weller54 said:

OK ok... 

But apart from getting us to 8th in the table, getting us out of relegation trouble when he came,  bringing through youth players,  dropping Morgan and Simpson.....

Kept us in the race for Europe? 

I don't buy this getting us out of relegation trouble either we was about 8 games into the season having just played most the big teams, any other team would have been in the same position.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, weller54 said:

OK ok... 

Well, as it stands, we're looking closer to dropping down to in between 10th and 12th spot... Under these circumstances and given the talent at our disposal, a disappointment.

So, Puel got us out of relegation troubles, yeah? Really tough with our setup and again, the players on our books, the amount of money in the bank. Nobody else could've accomplished that - by the way, why talking about "relegation trouble" when we were in 18th spot after only eight matches? All this talk about relegation trouble that early into the season, and that after losing against Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool, four of the best six teams in this league, and losing by fine margins (one-goal difference against Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool)? C'mon, that's highly exaggerated. There's no proof Shakespeare or any other manager could've done the same that Puel did until mid-December 2017.

So, he's bringing through youth players, eh? Why is that? In the case of Choudhoury, because we have/had no other CM option available, with King loaned out, and James and Iborra ruled out due to unfortunate injuries until the end of the season, and Ndidi suspended for a short while. Barnes was rotting away in the U23 after a promising spell at Barnsley before his Premier League debut. What other youth players are there? Demarai Gray and Chilwell were introduced by Ranieri. To me personally, it's not the question whether he wanted to include more youngsters in the squad, moreso because his hands were tied since we were running out of options due to injuries and suspensions and the transfer window long gone.

Dropping Morgan and Simpson? Yeah, because he finally realized that after six matches following Wes' return from injury that at age 34, he simply isn't the player any longer he once was. Simpson started off strongly in our back four, but has been completely overwhelmed by being forced to play right wing-back. You can blame Simpson for that, but ultimately, that's Puel's decision.

Edited by MC Prussian

Let this man build a team ffs. Name one club that has continual success that keeps sacking managers? unless they 100s of Millions to spend each window like man city or man utd. 

E.g Burnley are doing great with a team Dyche has gradually  built. If dyche went to Everton you really think he can magic them into top 6? No.

Edited by les-tah

51 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

We should be thankful for being in a better position now than we are in September? Hmm.. I don't see that as a huge accomplishment, especially given the fact that Shakespeare's start of the season was marred by defeats against four of the league's six best and most dominant teams of the past ten, twenty years. Teams that are still lightyears ahead of us in terms of player quality, finances and managerial setup.

You underestimate fans' memory and the recollection of our recent past, you seriously do. I bet the majority of the fans inside the King Power have been following the club for years, if not decades and are simply annoyed by what is served on a weekly basis, looking at what talent we have at our disposal and what made us so great and entertaining to watch in the first place slowly sucked out of the club.

The positives last night? The three changes in the back four, including the keeper, were down to Hamer needing to replace Schmeichel due to injury. One down, two to go. That Puel didn't realize Morgan can't keep up any longer six games after his return from injury, when we were playing so well with the Dragovic - Maguire pairing before, is careless. Puel had to change that and finally had the balls to drop Morgan. Simpson, after a strong and solid start to the season, has been overwhelmed by being forced to play wing-back and could've, should've been replaced earlier. Unfortunately, with the absence of Amartey, we have no other realistic options at right-back. I must say, Albrighton did a good job - but we were playing Southampton last night, a team that hardly threatened our goal. Keeping a clean sheet against these isn't such a hard task as you're trying to make out.

As far as the "inclusion of youth players" is concerned, that's nothing to do with Puel favouring young players over our older guard. Injuries, suspensions and absences (loans) have taken their toll, there was no other way but to include them. Iheanacho looks great, but why was he left out of the squad for eleven straight matches, starting at the end of last November?

I'd love to see Puel being a success here, he's just making it very hard for me (and others, I guess) to warm up to him should this dross continue.

How much time does a manager need during a season to "put his stamp on the team"? Until you say so?

He's been here for half a year now, started out strongly by adopting a style that suited the strengths of our players, before pretty much abandoning it near the advent of the new year. Our form has gone downhill ever since (from W5 D2 L1 to W4 D6 L7, dropping points against teams with weaker squads on paper and less money at their disposal). We'd be looking at two more losses in there, if it hadn't been for a Butland blunder and a late genius from Mahrez against Bournemouth.

I admire your attempts at trying to be positive, I just can't follow suit. I really can't.

Edited by MC Prussian

21 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

We should be thankful for being in a better position now than we are in September? Hmm.. I don't see that as a huge accomplishment, especially given the fact that Shakespeare's start of the season was marred by defeats against four of the league's six best and most dominant teams of the past ten, twenty years. Teams that are still lightyears ahead of us in terms of player quality, finances and managerial setup.

You underestimate fans' memory and the recollection of our recent past, you seriously do. I bet the majority of the fans inside the King Power have been following the club for years, if not decades and are simply annoyed by what is served on a weekly basis, looking at what talent we have at our disposal and what made us so great and entertaining to watch in the first place slowly sucked out of the club.

The positives last night? The three changes in the back four, including the keeper, were down to Hamer needing to replace Schmeichel due to injury. One down, two to go. That Puel didn't realize Morgan can't keep up any longer six games after his return from injury, when we were playing so well with the Dragovic - Maguire pairing before, is careless. Puel had to change that and finally had the balls to drop Morgan. Simpson, after a strong and solid start to the season, has been overwhelmed by being forced to play wing-back and could've, should've been replaced earlier. Unfortunately, with the absence of Amartey, we have no other realistic options at right-back. I must say, Albrighton did a good job - but we were playing Southampton last night, a team that hardly threatened our goal. Keeping a clean sheet against these isn't such a hard task as you're trying to make out.

As far as the "inclusion of youth players" is concerned, that's nothing to do with Puel favouring young players over our older guard. Injuries, suspensions and absences (loans) have taken their toll, there was no other way but to include them. Iheanacho looks great, but why was he left out of the squad for eleven straight matches, starting at the end of last November?

I'd love to see Puel being a success here, he's just making it very hard for me (and others, I guess) to warm up to him should this dross continue.

How much time does a manager need during a season to "put his stamp on the team"? Until you say so?

He's been here for half a year now, started out strongly by adopting a style that suited the strengths of our players, before pretty much abandoning it near the advent of the new year. Our form has gone downhill ever since (from W5 D2 L1 to W4 D6 L7, dropping points against teams with weaker squads on paper and less money at their disposal). We'd be looking at two more losses in there, if it hadn't been for a Butland blunder and a late genius from Mahrez against Bournemouth.

I admire your attempts at trying to be positive, I just can't follow suit. I really can't.

Maybe thats the difference between fans at the minute, we arent all going to be the same and agree. I just hope he impresses you for the last 4 games then.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

This.  And 3 years ago in tbe great escape we played some brilliant football all season, and even though we lost we came away pleased with the effort and prtformance. 

Listening to his interview on the way home he said he wanted to give others game time to see what they could do, what? 2 players on in the 91st minute

Clueless puel. 

I might take a book to read against west ham