Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

27 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This is about Arsenal, so why am I posting it here? Well the deeper sub context is around being stubborn in trying to get a footballing style and philosophy to stick, and the other is to adapt and make the best of what you have in your squad. I think it's relevant to us because I think we all know what route our manager is taking, and our own fans opinion is highly split on the subject.

Rather taking one side or the other, I think it's genuinely an interesting discussion and fascinating to hear points for and against it.

Bleep out the names Unai Emery and Arsenal and you would think they were talking about Leicester City (bar the mentioning of winning the title of course).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Corky said:

I've just decided to switch off the radio if there is continual top six club chat. It is different people saying the same thing.

Yet TalkSport were discussing QPR, the Championship and boardroom stuff last night and I stuck with it and found it interesting. Just hope I can find more varied content at some point.

Fully agree. I'd genuinely rather hear about QPR's situation than Liverpool being wanked over from every angle. Proper footballing issues rather than appeasing glory hunters.

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Fully agree. I'd genuinely rather hear about QPR's situation than Liverpool being wanked over from every angle. Proper footballing issues rather than appeasing glory hunters.

I know it sounds a bit like reverse football snobbery but it isn't, for me. Rarer content always seems more interesting and you can tell the difference between the pundits that want to cover it and those that have to.

• Like 3

25 minutes covering every minute detail of Mourinho/Liverpool, and end the segment with "quick word on Brighton, Bob". ",They'll be alright, John"

Shame that most content out there is more less exclusively dedicated to the top 6. 

As Corky said, you can tell which pundits & journalists that want to cover other teams and those who are forced to.

11 minutes ago, Koke said:

25 minutes covering every minute detail of Mourinho/Liverpool, and end the segment with "quick word on Brighton, Bob". ",They'll be alright, John"

Shame that most content out there is more less exclusively dedicated to the top 6. 

As Corky said, you can tell which pundits & journalists that want to cover other teams and those who are forced to.

The time and energy spent on analysing the Top 6 is barmy. Just look at the Utd game on Sky, we didn't get a proper mention till 45 minutes into the programme, a few before kick off.

3 hours ago, Corky said:

I know it sounds a bit like reverse football snobbery but it isn't, for me. Rarer content always seems more interesting and you can tell the difference between the pundits that want to cover it and those that have to.

That's it for me as well. I'm far from one of these that is resentful of successful teams and clubs, I just get fed up of creating narratives to pander to people who support clubs you almost feel probably for that kind of reason. It's a cycle.

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Pellegrini at West Ham has gone (so far) like the media expected Ranieri to do here.

Never want any club to go down generally, but really want them to get relegated in particular.

Imagine a West Ham v Fleetwood game at London Stadium in the Championship.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 3