Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

47 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Wel I think Sane bumped his knee into van dicks knee then did the usual and sack of spuds’d it ...   no pen ..   cheating fooker.

VVD clearly made an attempt to tackle and didn’t get enough (if any) of the ball. Sane was going nowhere if VVD jockeyed him. 

14 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Post match interview - ‘pep, did you know Mahrez has missed five of his last eight pens’?  Peps reaction made it clear that he didn’t ! that’s a big surprise given we are led to believe he is so thorough ........

That highlights the difference between someone like Mahrez and Kane. 

Kane gets a penalty and you're 90% confident that it will be a goal, with Mahrez it'a a 50/50 shot.  You're praying that the GK doesn't dive the right way as it will probably be saved. 

Mahrez has now missed 4  of the last 6 but I believe Jesus who looked like he wanted to take it had missed his last 2 penalties. Seems like Man City need a new penalty taker.

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

That highlights the difference between someone like Mahrez and Kane. 

Kane gets a penalty and you're 90% confident that it will be a goal, with Mahrez it'a a 50/50 shot.  You're praying that the GK doesn't dive the right way as it will probably be saved. 

50/50?

I'd say 30/70.

As for being their best player yesterday? he looked okay and got in a lot of good positions but his shots were very poor. I'd be disappointed as a Mancity fan but then again as a Leicester fan it would have been nice to see him getting into so many decent positions with us.

14 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Wel I think Sane bumped his knee into van dicks knee then did the usual and sack of spuds’d it ...   no pen ..   cheating fooker.

To be fair Atkinso denied them two clear pens before that. Suppose he made up for it. Not it changed anything to the score though.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Mahrez has now missed 4  of the last 6 but I believe Jesus who looked like he wanted to take it had missed his last 2 penalties. Seems like Man City need a new penalty taker.

From what I read and saw, Riyad didn't especially wanted to take it. Instructions come from the bench. Mendy passed them on

5 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

I think we've all had a good chuckle at Mahrez's penalty miss.lol:):scarf:

No..I am not into snidey,immature  " Schadensfreude"...

I will follow his further story,with interest....He believed he reached his peak with The foxes...ok.

I hold no greviances,not in football,some posters have to get real!!!

He will need 6months -season to grow into the Man.city ethos....I believe he will do it!!!

Even if it means not being always 1st choice....he will earn his pennies..!!!

Missing a penalty...shit let's shoot every single penalty-taker...:twitch:

4 hours ago, davieG said:

Aguero....then first / next  10..

Mahrez in his post match interview 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11520877/riyad-mahrez-says-man-city-missed-penalty-v-liverpool-wont-affect-confidence

Asked if he has a good penalty record, he said “In the championship yes but not in the Premier League.”

What? He never even took a single one for us in the championship ?

• Haha 2

I was sat in the pub watching it with a Liverpool fan, when mahrez stepped up I told him to get his head out his hands as the game wasn't lost yet.

His problem is that he waits for the keeper to move, the keepers know that if they don't go early he's stuffed. He really needs to change his penalty routine because for the last couple of seasons it's been awful. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox

15 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Mourinho is being investigated over something he said in Portuguese towards a television camera.

Can't do anything can they. I'm glad he tells the press to piss off, the pre match Valencia press conference was class when he called the Sun out.

• Like 1