Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

18 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Provide the numbers to settle this then :whistle:, Maldini did start out as a left-back, but then was moved to the centre as he got older.

Might be my memory playing tricks on me, but I always had him down as more of a centre-back in terms of games played.

18 hours ago, Finnegan said:

It's not even a question, he was a left back. He converted to CB later in his career as he slowed down a bit and Milan needed him there more (same as Christian Panucci really) but he was absolutely, above all else a left back. For like a decade or more. 

It's easier to remember him at CB as it's more recent I suppose but Baresi, Galli and Costacurta were definitely the boys in the middle. 

And I dont even remember him playing centre back at all lol. He obv did from your comments but its funny what you remember and what you dont from yesteryear football wise.

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

And I dont even remember him playing centre back at all lol. He obv did from your comments but its funny what you remember and what you dont from yesteryear football wise.

innit, like it’s well funny that finners is claiming to remember anyone in history being better than ashley cole. crazy what time can do to the brain. 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

innit, like it’s well funny that finners is claiming to remember anyone in history being better than ashley cole. crazy what time can do to the brain. 

It's just occurred to me is Loveday still sulking off somewhere? There is absolutely no doubt he'd settle this the right way. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

It's just occurred to me is Loveday still sulking off somewhere? There is absolutely no doubt he'd settle this the right way. 

I take it this is MTWG, judging from the Tinder thread?

Surprised he has gone off this forum, as had posted regularly for a good while.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 hour ago, Gerbold said:

Cheers - I might have understood it had it been MtWG. But why quibble?

As for unelucidated -  it should be in the dictionary.

Howyever, it's from the  Latin 'elucidare' - to enlighten.  Modern English meaning - "To make clear or plain, especially by explanation; clarify". Stick an 'un' in front of it and it means the opposite.

Indubitably 

• Haha 2

Ahead of this weekends game, Skysports are doing a 'select your own Mourinho Premier League XI'. It shows the quality of the current United team that only one of them made it into mine and even then i could easily have even selected 2004-07 Cech over De Gea

De Gea

Ivanovic   Carvalho     Terry     Cole

Makelele    Essien

Lampard               

Robben            Drogba             Hazard

Edited by Staffs Fox

46 minutes ago, Staffs Fox said:

Ahead of this weekends game, Skysports are doing a 'select your own Mourinho Premier League XI'. It shows the quality of the current United team that only one of them made it into mine and even then i could easily have even selected 2004-07 Cech over De Gea

De Gea

Makelele    Essien

Lampard               

To be fair I think that says more about the quality that he had at Chelsea than the lack thereof at Utd. A number of those players would have been in/around a World XI during the years in question.

Based on consistency/form, the only player I'd potentially add from Mourinho's days at Utd would be Zlatan, although Drogba in his prime makes it difficult to consider anyone else.

Edited by Xen

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Although he's the best player in the premier league at present, the Hazard to Real rumours are getting really boring now.

Shows..how far the World wide media gets into our lives...

the boring repetitive Pecking of Sports media...wring a story out until it drys and disintigrates,then give each other prizes...days

nature of the beast...different outlets picking up,and releasing their 1st to 4th versions on stories.

MIlking those disinteresting outtakes of Snippets,and one liners that Make up... "Breaking news"

My generation..was gasping over days and weeks for news,and information,now we are bloody  swamped with

Repeats,of petty new releases,using that main older news to grab/hold the interest...

I believe in football terms,the Hazzard story is interesting to see,how a good honest professional in a foreign country

Fights his inner demons,playing for his PL-dream club,but having those pangs,to join his boyhood dream club...

This probably has a better intriguing journey of 1st and 2nd thought to be addressed,than anything..the Mahrez

Pogba,or Ballotelli stories could muster, because he doesn't have that "Diva" approach to his playing career of

Business transactions...Something the media are missing out on. They prefer naughty boy stories!!!

On 17/10/2018 at 10:56, Staffs Fox said:

De Gea

Makelele    Essien

Lampard               

Ricardo Carvalho was class, I used to really like him.

On 17/10/2018 at 10:56, Staffs Fox said:

De Gea

Makelele    Essien

Lampard               

What a team that is! I’d personally have Cech how he was back then as well. That team would piss the league now 

8 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

What a team that is! I’d personally have Cech how he was back then as well. That team would piss the league now 

It really wouldn't. 

It sounds odd to find myself saying this but the Premier league has moved on, even in just ten years.

That team is no better than Liverpool and is considerably worse than Man City. Especially if you're taking Hazard as he was then, not as he is now. 

It's better than the current Chelsea and it would definitely finish top three, maybe top two, but the idea that it would piss the league? Narh. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It really wouldn't. 

It sounds odd to find myself saying this but the Premier league has moved on, even in just ten years.

That team is no better than Liverpool and is considerably worse than Man City. Especially if you're taking Hazard as he was then, not as he is now. 

It's better than the current Chelsea and it would definitely finish top three, maybe top two, but the idea that it would piss the league? Narh. 

It may have moved on attacking wise but I feel it’s regressed massively from a defensive point of view. Drogba would terrify any defence in the league at the moment. Also that back four ain’t shipping many goals, Ivanovic was a beast for so many years 

On 15/10/2018 at 08:24, Gerbold said:

Cheers - I might have understood it had it been MtWG. But why quibble?

As for unelucidated -  it should be in the dictionary.

Howyever, it's from the  Latin 'elucidare' - to enlighten.  Modern English meaning - "To make clear or plain, especially by explanation; clarify". Stick an 'un' in front of it and it means the opposite.

Wtf? lol lol lol

31 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Not a single Englishman in the Chelsea line up today. They've stock-piled so much good English talent and yet there's not a single home-grown Chelsea player in the squad. Sad.

Bag 3pts and no one will give a fvck. Did arse not do that 10yrs ago. Won't be long till every club has done/doing it. 

3 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Mourinho's last season in the PL. He's finished.

I would be very suprised to see him see the season out tbh. Interested to see who they would get in to replace him. 

On another note. Moratta or however it’s spelt is bloody rubbish. 

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

He has become a dinosaur, the game has passed him by.

Horrible football and his bus is full of holes. Chelsea are having a field day and should be at least 2 up.

I almost pity the United fans.

Edited by That_Dude