Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

3 minutes ago, martyn said:

This furore about wearing poppies gets more tedious every year.

If footballers want to wear one fine, if they don't, also fine. 

Am a bit uncomfortable that players like Matic feel compelled to spell out their reasons for not wearing one.

DNVwhTqUQAAmlV3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, martyn said:

This furore about wearing poppies gets more tedious every year.

If footballers want to wear one fine, if they don't, also fine. 

Am a bit uncomfortable that players like Matic feel compelled to spell out their reasons for not wearing one.

Yep. To think when we started this all those years ago it was something to cherish, something unique. Over the last decade and a half it's been hijacked and becomes pretty much compulsory now unless you can justify yourself to the masses.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Nemamja Matic says he will not wear a poppy on his Man Utd shirt because he says it reminds him of when his village was bombed when he was twelve. Matic was the only one of the Man Utd players not to wear a poppy in their sides match with Bournemouth on saturday.

What with James Mclean who routinely refuses to wear one because he thinks it has links to British imperialism.

the poppy is a sign of respect for all those who have died or suffered in war regarless of sex, race, religion, beliefs, etc.

Matic I am surprised by but Mclean is just a cvnt full stop

Poppy wearing becomes more and more of a joke every year. People posting pictures wearing a massive poppy as if to suggest you care more than others, or that a fabric poppy somehow makes it better.

I cant remember the last time I wore one, its been years. Not through any reason other than I don't need to wear a poppy to prove my sign of respect or to show that I am thankful. I will always be thankful for my Grandads efforts in WW2 in the Navy and my Grandmas efforts in the factories trying to keep the country functioning whilst Grandad was on duty.

It grates me when you see TV presenters and the like wearing them from like September. You know full well they aren't wearing it to show their appreciation but rather their supervisor has told them they must wear it so as not to upset people. It just becomes a competition as to who shows they care more by wearing it first. The fundamental reason for the poppy has been forgotten.

Am I wrong to think like this? I'm not sure.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Matic I am surprised by but Mclean is just a cvnt full stop

McLean is a cvnt but not for not wearing a poppy, that should always be the choice of the individual so I respect his.

Did find it ironic when he slated opposition fans as uneducated when he is thick as shit himself. Even a manager of his mentioned this at a press conference.

Anyway, hate the way this bog standard footballer gets so much publicity at this time of the year. You can tell how much more classy Matic is as a person than McLean.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Poppy wearing becomes more and more of a joke every year. People posting pictures wearing a massive poppy as if to suggest you care more than others, or that a fabric poppy somehow makes it better.

Don't forget the argument over whether wearing a red poppy means you support bombing babies or whether wearing a white one means you're an attention seeking coward who would rather be speaking German. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The divide in the league now is really worrying. The top 5 have played a total of 40 games against non Big 6 clubs. Their record in those games is:

W37 D2 L1 F111 A23

:schlupp:

If memory serves me right, thats Spurs defeat at Watford, Man City draw at Wolves and Arsenal draw at Palace?

Meaning a 100% for those teams at home sadly....

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Don't forget the argument over whether wearing a red poppy means you support bombing babies or whether wearing a white one means you're an attention seeking coward who would rather be speaking German. 

I'd rather speak German...and wear a red poppy,or anything in my lapel,when I chose.

Plus the fallen  can't bomb babies or  anybody...they are dead!!!

That's  the only thing  poppy represents...not imperialism,or any ism,nor any govt,or organisation.   It's there for the fallen,who died in various

occupations during any conflict...

originally for the red poppys,that appeared after the great WW. In all the fields that harvests first only white poppys.

representing the blood of all...again ALL the fallen...

making something more out of the poppy,other than the lives lost....is a bandwagon of utter self indulgence!!!

Guest Markyblue

Those who project the it's totally a persons right to wear or not wear a poppy argument kind of miss the point that without the sacrifice of the fallen, you wouldn't have a choice. 

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

Those who project the it's totally a persons right to wear or not wear a poppy argument kind of miss the point that without the sacrifice of the fallen, you wouldn't have a choice. 

With all  respect, you miss the point that they made the ultimate sacrifice to preserve that choice.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
13 minutes ago, KingsX said:

With all  respect, you miss the point that they made the ultimate sacrifice to preserve that choice.

Yes i expected that reply.ill wear mine and I'll let others exercise their choice.

10 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Yes i expected that reply.ill wear mine and I'll let others exercise their choice.

Good on ya.  We honor the fallen, by thoughtfully exercising that freedom of choice according to our own conscience.

p.s. I will be wearing my poppy pin on Veterans Day.

Edited by KingsX