Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

35 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

To digress a little, I think all those edl and other nazi sympathising idiots should be banned from wearing the poppy.  We fought 2 world wars to keep this kind of ideology at bay.

And Leicester City shirts they should be banned from wearing them too.

:blink:

630545BB-35B4-49DB-9D2A-F5E66C2B8506.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

To digress a little, I think all those edl and other nazi sympathising idiots should be banned from wearing the poppy.  We fought 2 world wars to keep this kind of ideology at bay.

And Leicester City shirts they should be banned from wearing them too.

Sounds like someone wants to see naked nazis :D

1 hour ago, Markyblue said:

Those who project the it's totally a persons right to wear or not wear a poppy argument kind of miss the point that without the sacrifice of the fallen, you wouldn't have a choice. 

I am happy to wear a red poppy, but have always wondered how appropriate it is to press it on players of other nations. Not just the Irish, but the Argentinians, the Italians, the Austrians, and of course the Germans. 

Should they not be allowed to memorialise their own? 

5 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

I am happy to wear a red poppy, but have always wondered how appropriate it is to press it on players of other nations. Not just the Irish, but the Argentinians, the Italians, the Austrians, and of course the Germans. 

Should they not be allowed to memorialise their own? 

Well the Germans do, but obviously not with a poppy. On the subject of war, I do sometimes wonder, what would have happened if Germany had won ww1 or we  had not taken part as could have so nearly happened. For a start there wouldn’t have been ww2 or nazis or 7 million Jews killed and France would probably not exist whilst Africa would be a German speaking nation.

19 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Over 60m. Imagine how bad they'd be with just the promotion squad on this showing

It was closer to £100m from what I remember being bandied about.

I think some of the problem is probably attributable to the fact they had such a high turnover of players over the summer.