Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

It was closer to £100m from what I remember being bandied about.

I think some of the problem is probably attributable to the fact they had such a high turnover of players over the summer. 

Potentially, only figures I can see are for Mitrovic (22m), Seri (18m), Mawson (15m) and Bryan (6m), rest undisclosed.

Thing is, on paper they're not bad signings, Schurrle and Seri in particular should be good additions but they look mediocre at the back and offer nothing going forward. 

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

As defeats go, for Fulham, this is a stinking turd of a defeat.

Hopefully they'll still be useless when we play them.

No chance... 

New Manager in place by then,  they'll be like Wolverhampton Wanderers when we play them! 

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Potentially, only figures I can see are for Mitrovic (22m), Seri (18m), Mawson (15m) and Bryan (6m), rest undisclosed.

Thing is, on paper they're not bad signings, Schurrle and Seri in particular should be good additions but they look mediocre at the back and offer nothing going forward. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 22.01.39.png

Trouble is they haven't had a settled side at the back so have been leaking goals and apart from Mitrovic appear to have no real goal scoring threat. 

The fact Fulham have changed goalies 3 times says it all.

Huddersfield and Newcastle for example at least can keep it tight at the back.

Fulham are in big big trouble.

I rarely blame a manager but the tactics I’ve seen in the last few games are just shocking.

Zero width... A narrow 4-3-3... your best player relegated to left back and constantly bombing forwards creating gaps. 

Playing a centre back at right back with no right winger.

Playing two central attacking midfielders (both of whom are used to playing in the wing)

@superhorns might be able to advise if this is common Jokanovic? 

Looks hopeless at the minute.

I have no idea where we're going to finish this season. At times we look decent, at others we look absolutely hopeless and the current situation makes it even harder to tell. However there is absolutely no way on this planet that we should be anywhere near the likes of Cardiff, Huddersfield, Fulham, Southampton, Newcastle or Burnley. I know we talk about the top six being a league of their own but for me there looks to be a distinct bottom six. I know West Ham and Palace haven't gotten off to the greatest of starts but the truth is they both possess far more quality than the teams mentioned. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'm still baffled that he's put Sessegnon back to LB, when it was apparent he couldn't play that position last season, never mind up a level. Simultaneously stifling what made him good which is scoring goals. 

Yep! And especially given they spent £6m on a decent left back who hasn’t had a look In yet! 

Jts mental, sessengnon as an AML was involved in everything they did last season, and his tap ins at the near post were vital for them! 

11 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Baffling that Seri seemed to be a key player at Nice last season and Mendy couldn't get on that team

Playing so so so deep in this Fulham system. It appears 4-3-3 but gets so narrow and deep that him and Anguissa(sp) are in DM, one Midfielder in Cairney and two AMC with Schurle and Vietto basically falling over each other! 

Said it weeks ago in here, if Fulham's goals dry up they have nothing to rely on at the back, Burnley and the like were walking through them but Mitro was in form and keeping them going. Also Hudders against us played reasonably for their stature, they're well coached and drilled but they just haven't invested in the squad so I still expect them to go down eventually.

So Cardiff, Huddersfield & Fulham it seems?

Edited by Jaspa

39 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Really wanted Fulham to be decent and thought they had a fair transfer window with Mawson Schurle and Seri augmenting a decentish squad but they look an absolute mess. 

Wonder who'll be their next Manager?... 

Brendon Rogers? 

44 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Really wanted Fulham to be decent and thought they had a fair transfer window with Mawson Schurle and Seri augmenting a decentish squad but they look an absolute mess. 

They do have a decent squad, and should be doing better. He's doesn't appear to know anything like his best team though. The centre backs change every week, he's changed the keeper. Sessegnon is a winger one week, left back the next, out the team the next. The odd change is fine, but it's wholesale changes every week and nobody can get any rhythm.  

Also Schurlle is a greedy ****er and needs to stop shooting every time he gets the ball.

Edited by Facecloth

I think Fulham will be the perfect example for next seasons 'ugh can't believe we didn't sign that player, as if they've gone to Fulham, they're world class.. we should have signed them' posts lol