Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

This is worth a look if you have a spare minute :D

Had a good look at this last night.  The offside player is interfering with play imo ...   he’s in front of the keeper and in his eyeline ...   the keeper doesn’t know he’s offside so has to assume he may play the ball ..  you can see the keeper stall his save in case the player heads the ball and it changes direction to the opposite corner ...   by the time he leaps across its too late.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Had a good look at this last night.  The offside player is interfering with play imo ...   he’s in front of the keeper and in his eyeline ...   the keeper doesn’t know he’s offside so has to assume he may play the ball ..  you can see the keeper stall his save in case the player heads the ball and it changes direction to the opposite corner ...   by the time he leaps across its too late.

Don't agree. The keeper is moving across the goal looking directly at Austin. The offside player is beyond Austin and moves to avoid the ball, not towards it. Goal every time for me. If a Leicester goal had been disallowed for the same reason there would be uproar.

7 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Don't agree. The keeper is moving across the goal looking directly at Austin. The offside player is beyond Austin and moves to avoid the ball, not towards it. Goal every time for me. If a Leicester goal had been disallowed for the same reason there would be uproar.

And when the offside player moves to avoid the ball the keeper then knows which way to jump ...    but not until that point.   Have another look ...   you can see the keeper move, then stall, then move again.

And of course there would be uproar if it was a Leicester goal ! ...   cus we’re Leicester fans !!!   :facepalm:

I think the slight stall from the keeper relates to the deflection off the defender ........ he stutters his foot movement as he anticipates the deflection may re route the path of the shot ..... it’s a shot - yoshida isn’t ever in the path of the shot  - the keeper is set for the shot, not a pass ......

Thats me speaking as a Sunday league keeper ! (Retired)

Edited by st albans fox

15 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Wolves beating arsenal away at the moment with 20min left, and I thought Arsenal were slowly going up under Emery

Cue the Wolvesalona jokes :rolleyes: :yawn:

Surprised there has been no comments, bet there would had they been losing.

Fair play to Wolves.

Damn. 1-1...let the comments roll in...

Edited by Matt