sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Hodgson looks to be losing it at Palace. They don’t look any good without Zaha.

He was losing it with Zaha in the team. He's obsessed with getting his best player up front, but Zaha isn't a striker, he's a wide player. He needs to be running at the defence, not holding the ball up with his back to goal. He'd be better starting Townsend and Zaha either side of a central striker, be it Wickham, the Norwegian lad or Benteke when he's fit. His excuse for using Zaha in this way is because it relieves him of defensive duties. Im sorry that's no excuse, he needs his job reiterating or he needs dropping if he can't be arsed to defend.

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This is worth a look if you have a spare minute :D

Good passion there, I totally agree lol Yep the refs are rubbish and I’m shocked VAR isn’t being used 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Officials worse than usual this weekend.

Mitrovic level with Robertson there.

The officials can’t even spot a guy taking his shirt off right in front of them, what hope is there 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 3

In two weeks, Sol Bamba has: 

Saved a ball on the line with his hand

Taken his shirt off to celebrate

And hasn't been booked for either

Demarai Gray takes his top off after scoring to pay tribute to a recently deceased owner 

Booked.

Consistency of officiating at it's finest

• Like 4

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

This is worth a look if you have a spare minute :D

Had a good look at this last night.  The offside player is interfering with play imo ...   he’s in front of the keeper and in his eyeline ...   the keeper doesn’t know he’s offside so has to assume he may play the ball ..  you can see the keeper stall his save in case the player heads the ball and it changes direction to the opposite corner ...   by the time he leaps across its too late.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Had a good look at this last night.  The offside player is interfering with play imo ...   he’s in front of the keeper and in his eyeline ...   the keeper doesn’t know he’s offside so has to assume he may play the ball ..  you can see the keeper stall his save in case the player heads the ball and it changes direction to the opposite corner ...   by the time he leaps across its too late.

Don't agree. The keeper is moving across the goal looking directly at Austin. The offside player is beyond Austin and moves to avoid the ball, not towards it. Goal every time for me. If a Leicester goal had been disallowed for the same reason there would be uproar.

7 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Don't agree. The keeper is moving across the goal looking directly at Austin. The offside player is beyond Austin and moves to avoid the ball, not towards it. Goal every time for me. If a Leicester goal had been disallowed for the same reason there would be uproar.

And when the offside player moves to avoid the ball the keeper then knows which way to jump ...    but not until that point.   Have another look ...   you can see the keeper move, then stall, then move again.

And of course there would be uproar if it was a Leicester goal ! ...   cus we’re Leicester fans !!!   :facepalm:

I think the slight stall from the keeper relates to the deflection off the defender ........ he stutters his foot movement as he anticipates the deflection may re route the path of the shot ..... it’s a shot - yoshida isn’t ever in the path of the shot  - the keeper is set for the shot, not a pass ......

Thats me speaking as a Sunday league keeper ! (Retired)

Edited by st albans fox

11 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

Pickford jumps around a lot but is actually pretty crap

Not having that, he's one of the better goalkeepers in the league.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sterling thought he was playing for England there.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Not having that, he's one of the better goalkeepers in the league.

I think he's overrated! 

Schmeichel much better. 

6 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Martin Tyler is a bell end isn’t he.

Artists versus Painters and Decorators lol