Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Always think its harsh when a newly promoted manager loses his job but Fulham spent a hell of a lot money and want to avoid relegation at all costs. I think they have the potential to be better so I think they've got a chance of staying up.

Jokanovic made a big deal of their transfer policy last season, so the fact he spent around £100m but still couldn't decide on his best XI and constantly chopped and changed his defence around, is completely on him. I hope Ranieri does well, always thought he was a really nice bloke. 

In other news, it's good to see that we are one of the five clubs opposing Scudamore's golden handshake. 

• Like 3

Scudamore gets paid enough already but surely most Premier League clubs have invested way more than £250k into grassroots football in their local areas... I doubt this is an either/or proposition.

Here in Manchester both City and Utd do a lot of stuff in the community. Both my kids are at in early years primary school and have had coaches coming in from both doing activities with them.

On 13/11/2018 at 10:06, StriderHiryu said:

Bayern went backwards under Guardiola. Heynckes won the treble in his final season and really got the best out of Robben and Ribery.

My favourite team to watch over the past 10 or so years (other than LCFC of course!) was Klopp's Dortmund team that got to the Champions League final. The semi final where they won in Madrid was an incredible performance. That style of high intensity play plus attacking intent was awesome to see, and the current Liverpoll side emobides a lot of that style too. 

Heynckes' Bayern had the majority of their players in their prime and won the league with 91 points, Guardiola's Bayern finished with 90, 79 and 88 points as well as winning the Pokal twice. It's a bit disingenuous to say they went backwards because they gained slightly fewer points and didn't win the Champions League. I agree though that Heynckes' Bayern were outstanding to watch

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Heynckes' Bayern had the majority of their players in their prime and won the league with 91 points, Guardiola's Bayern finished with 90, 79 and 88 points as well as winning the Pokal twice. It's a bit disingenuous to say they went backwards because they gained slightly fewer points and didn't win the Champions League. I agree though that Heynckes' Bayern were outstanding to watch

Well it is super harsh to say a team that won the Bundesliga twice went backwards ha ha! But you get my point, they weren't quite as good as they were under Heynckes and given that Guardiola was on top wages, he didn't improve them, he just made them a bit different and ever so slightly worse. Definitely not a failure there, but not as impressive as stints for Barcelona and Man City.

1 hour ago, Max Wall said:

If the reports are true that Kante insisted his Chelsea wages be paid through the correct, tax paying channels and refused to have any money deposited in an offshore tax haven, it just makes me love the bloke even more.

An example to everybody. What a man.

Wish this story had a bit more coverage.

Just now, MattP said:

An example to everybody. What a man.

Wish this story had a bit more coverage.

The more you find about about him, the better he gets.

I can't put it any better than you have. The guy seems an example to us all.

Not only that but he has to be a Champions League win away from being undoubtedly the most influential footballer in the World - I don't think we would've done it without him and I don't think France would've won the World Cup without him either, he freed Pogba & Griezmann whilst yet again giving confidence to the defenders behind him, being central to a quick counter-attacking side.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Not only that but he has to be a Champions League win away from being undoubtedly the most influential footballer in the World - I don't think we would've done it without him and I don't think France would've won the World Cup without him either, he freed Pogba & Griezmann whilst yet again giving confidence to the defenders behind him, being central to a quick counter-attacking side.

His unquestionable footballing talent and ability seem to be only a minor part of his general greatness.

Going to watch the football, in a dingy flat, with a bunch of blokes he met in a mosque.

Refusing preferential treatment that his earnings and profile make available to him.

His qualities just seem like they never end really.

• Like 1

Twitter says it is Wolves, Leicester, Burnley, Huddersfield and Palace. 

Which is strange because the BBC said the other day that us and Fulham were two of them. The Times said that Watford were one as well. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Twitter says it is Wolves, Leicester, Burnley, Huddersfield and Palace. 

Which is strange because the BBC said the other day that us and Fulham were two of them. The Times said that Watford were one as well. 

Quite possible that there was an 'initial 5' and now that it's quickly picked up momentum other clubs are starting to follow suit.

Its also worth mentioning that just because 5 have said they are against it, doesnt necessarily mean that the other 15 all agreed.

From what I've heard only Cardiff have publicly said they endorse it and it was put forward by the Chelsea chairman (who happens to be mates with Scudamore... go figure).

This reminds me of times when I have had a friend suggest we should all chip in for a present for a special occasion like moving house, when there was no previous precedent for doing so for anyone else in the group, and you are left in a situation where you feel really tight if you say no. Once one person points that out everyone else follows.

33 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

*Everyone basically said "**** that" and put £1 in. He ended up getting a mug or something equally shit.

He liked it though. 

IMG_20181115_144427.jpg

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

£5m for Scudamore confirmed. What a bunch of ***** they are for voting for this. While supporters regularly get shafted. *****.

Indeed.

Was looking at London matches to bring my father in law to next weekend when he's in the big smoke and thought Craven Cottage /Fulham v Southampton might work. 60 ****in quid a ticket, for 2 shite teams! Hard for fans to swallow when clubs want to pay Scudamore a bonus.