Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

15 hours ago, SAFC1 said:

Disagree, he’s top class. ^_^

I hope your not laughing that the perspective buyers of Newcastle seem to be £100m short lol lol

It makes you wonder are they better off with Ashley or some muppet that tries to buy them but don't have the money lol lol lol

On 11/12/2018 at 18:39, ScouseFox said:

i personally couldn’t give a shit if we were in league two or the top 4. if we could obviously be doing better than we were i’d be annoyed. 

because we’re in the top ten, but playing awfully regularly and not taking any advantage of the positions we could be in, we should still be happy? just because we were rubbish 30 years ago? 

sweet. end the club. 

It's all relative.

The fact of the matter is that we are mid-table at the moment. That's our 'par' at the moment. 

While there's nothing wrong with striving for better, better than this is challenging for Europe. That's easier said than done.

If you don't like that, you're probably better off supporting a lower league team with a much higher ceiling. 

We're not playing awfully. We're playing decent, solid football. This is how it feels to be a mid-table Prem team with little to play for.

• Like 3

On 11/12/2018 at 17:53, Stadt said:

It's quite similar to when pundits come out with their "they're at their natural level" shite, historically we're performing better than our average position but it doesn't mean we should resign ourselves to being content with abject performances. We are an average premier league team but considering our expenditure  it naturally feels like we're underachieving, Everton and West Ham have spent big too, admittedly, but they've both had new managers and gone through a high turnover of players yet it feels they're on an upwards curve whilst our progress is glacial. Puel's had 54 games in charge and it doesn't feel as if we're benefiting from stability but we most probably are, it's just difficult to tell. On one hand I feel as if we're completely anaemic, lifeless and risk averse; things will continue as they are but on the other I feel like we're missing chances at rate which will eventually level out to normal. I don't like Puel (I don't dislike him either) but it's hard to make a case for sacking him when both the alternatives aren't there and we're awful at recruiting managers anyway. 

Rightly or wrongly, if he was a bit livelier in press conferences and interviews he'd have more fans on board, it's not something I'm bothered by but it definitely helps a manager's case.

Our position in the modern era, which you could argue is the last 26 years of the Premier League, is currently 17th.

https://www.statbunker.com/alltimestats/AllTimeLeagueTable?comp_code=EPL

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Our position in the modern era, which you could argue is the last 26 years of the Premier League, is currently 17th.

https://www.statbunker.com/alltimestats/AllTimeLeagueTable?comp_code=EPL

Irrelevant really now though given the financial position. That's all we can really judge on anymore.

Man City fans wouldn't tolerate finishing 9th with their squad because historically that's where they would be.

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

I'll let you know if it happens......

Weve seen how we react to losing  and weve only won the league once.... the game must take on an entirely new perspective when you are Man u or Man city atm

24 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

anyone else notice all the empty seats?????

I really dont think we are in a position to criticise, other teams support, Absolutely shocking seeing all them empty seats in the away end at fulham! Pluss how many tickets are left for tuesday night?? Probally our biggest game of the season 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lestajigs said:

I really dont think we are in a position to criticise, other teams support, Absolutely shocking seeing all them empty seats in the away end at fulham! Pluss how many tickets are left for tuesday night?? Probally our biggest game of the season 

when i looked on the site the Fullam game was "sold out" so i couldn't get any tickets

3 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

when i looked on the site the Fullam game was "sold out" so i couldn't get any tickets

Well there were loads of empty seats at the front, maybe they had enough of the shite we were playing and stayed in the concourse ?