Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

3 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Can players cancel their contracts at anytime if they don’t get a move they want? 

If so why didn’t Riyad do that in January to get his move to Man City.

That's what I thought. I'd avoid all those sporting players for the time being. Gonna get messy. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Can players cancel their contracts at anytime if they don’t get a move they want? 

Seems like a dangerous precedent for all clubs that have paid large sums for players if their value can just be annulled like this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Seems like a dangerous precedent for all clubs that have paid large sums for players if their value can just be annulled like this.

I think it has a lot to do with the club not affording proper protection for the players at a training session which was attacked by a masked mob, the players, as I read it, have left to stay safe.

I’m very intrigued by this ‘cancellation of player contracts’ due to the club not affording them sufficient  protection. Surely FIFA wouldn’t sanction this without an enquiry of sorts. I assum SCP still own the players registration and I doubt the president seems the type to give in on anything. 

EDIT: mirror report that SCP president has informed wolves that he expects them to pay a fee 

Edited by st albans fox

Seems likely but I would be happy if we offered him a contract. A reasonable salary, say in the region of £60k, with bonuses taking it towards £100k a week if he plays at least 30 league games, we finish where we want to finish etc.

19 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Seems likely but I would be happy if we offered him a contract. A reasonable salary, say in the region of £60k, with bonuses taking it towards £100k a week if he plays at least 30 league games, we finish where we want to finish etc.

He gets along well with Vardy doesn't he?

I'd definitely consider it, the only real issue would be Silva who he'd have to compete with for a place, N'didi is nailed on first 11 so it's who dictates the tempo next to him.

43 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Arsenal offered him more than a 100k per week which he turned down. He was earning 130k/week. I suspect he wouldn’t be interested in your suggestion ............. 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Arsenal offered him more than a 100k per week which he turned down. He was earning 130k/week. I suspect he wouldn’t be interested in your suggestion ............. 

Who's gonna chuck that much money at Wilshere? Man City, Liverpool, Man U, Barca, Real, China, PSG, Wolves or Chelsea in that likelyhood - I'm not sure many of those would have a firm an interest in him to offer him 100k+

52 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Then we don't sign him and I'm fine with that too.

4 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Players can buy themselves out of their contracts in certain situations. According to Article 17 of FIFA's Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players, any player who signed a contract before the age of 28 can buy himself out of the contract three years after the deal was signed. If he is 28 or older the time limit is shortened to two years. This would make Riyad eligible as he is 27 and signed his contract two years ago. However, with Mahrez' deal ending at the end of June 2020, assuming he's on £100,000 per week, I can't see him paying £10.5m to get out of his contract. 

4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Players can buy themselves out of their contracts in certain situations. According to Article 17 of FIFA's Regulations for the Status and Transfer of Players, any player who signed a contract before the age of 28 can buy himself out of the contract three years after the deal was signed. If he is 28 or older the time limit is shortened to two years. This would make Riyad eligible as he is 27 and signed his contract two years ago. However, with Mahrez' deal ending at the end of June 2020, assuming he's on £100,000 per week, I can't see him paying £10.5m to get out of his contract. 

Isn't it basically how transfers work in Spain? If the buying club just pay him a £20m sign on fee, he could easily pay off the remainder of his contract here and still earn a massive amount.

26 minutes ago, shen said:

Isn't it basically how transfers work in Spain? If the buying club just pay him a £20m sign on fee, he could easily pay off the remainder of his contract here and still earn a massive amount.

Weird system in Spain, how I understand it is that the buying club gives the player the money to buyout his contract then he moves. Obviously must me rulings against it in other countries because they'd be all sorts of dodgy dealings going on.

6 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Weird system in Spain, how I understand it is that the buying club gives the player the money to buyout his contract then he moves. Obviously must me rulings against it in other countries because they'd be all sorts of dodgy dealings going on.

For Riyad to pay 10 mill he would have to earn nearly 20mill. other countries must have ‘muddier’ tax systems (hence the recent cases seen in Spain). 

its also why good players have to earn high salaries. Otherwise they would just buy themselves out and the club would get very little compared to their true value. 

Kane wants to challenge Messi and Ronaldo for the title of the best player in the world. Strong words from someone who’s yet to win a trophy. This is one of the things I don’t like about him, too focused on himself

Never gonna reach those heights imo, great finisher but his all round game isn’t strong enough

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1