Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Dyche has done a great job but in this day and age, no team in this division can use a lack of money as an excuse. Every team could easily spend £50m (net) a year and still be fine.

I think his problem is Burnley is not exactly exactly a desirable destination for a player.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Stadt said:

Started 10 times and came on in 9 games, but yeah 1 in 4 whatever 

Ok, starts half the games, only 3 times plays the full 90, my point still stands. He's gone from one of the stand out players in the league to a bit part player.

Don't get me wrong I'm a huge Mahrez fan and I miss him terribly.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Brahim Diaz going to Real for £15.5m (rising to a possible £21m). Seems incredibly cheap compared to Solanke.

His contract expires in the summer I think 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

I see they got smashed again today as well. That man cannot organise a defense.

Since when was 3-1 'smashed'? To me, that suggests 5 or 6 at least.

Then again, I've seen BBC articles with the headline "Team A thrash Team B" and then you find out the score is only like 2-0.

Edited by Asha

Can never work out if I think Eddie Howe has done a good job or not, one hand he's took them from the brink of getting relegated to the Conference to being a comfortable mid table tram but on the other he failed outside of his comfort zone and they've been bankrolled by a petrochemical billionaire. As usual the truth is probably somewhere in between, decent manager but suits Bournemouth down to the ground.

7 hours ago, foxile5 said:

His piss poor too middling team cost more than our league winning one, did it not? 

Don't even stoop to his level. Value in football now is unquantifiable. It's difficult to draw comparisons year-on-year now even.

But yeah, suffice to sight he's being a prat. Again.

12 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

He's now out until next month.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46770882

It's becoming a weirder signing the more this develops. 

19mill for someone who can't train/play till Feb

I'm guessing long term they're hoping for some of his talent to really show. It's just a risky one, 19m and I'm assuming decent wages as well.

Palace scoffed at him for a reason, maybe there is a bit more to it.

Edited by UniFox21

35 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Which is what it said in the tweet you replied to. In fact, the link in the tweet is the exact one you posted...

Another Wymsey moment - sorry! :facepalm::blush:

Edited by Wymeswold fox
Note to self: read carefully what you're quoting before posting, I'm embarrassing myself..
  • Haha 4

On 02/01/2019 at 21:56, Babylon said:

Updated form table... Watford, Everton and Bournemouth. Euuugh.

Wasn't there a post three weeks ago bumming the progress they've made and the lack of progress we've made. 

Only Liverpool conceded less, Bournemouth conceded 18 more ha ha. If we can get some attacking talent in to contribute going forward we are onto a winner!

IMG_5258.PNG

There's a hidden clue in our form there for Puel lol