Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Honestly he'd be stupid to leave England, he's got the whole country shouting for him, with huge amounts of talent at his disposal and a chance to really take this team somewhere.

Why give it all up for one of the most hostile positions in world football? 

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Honestly he'd be stupid to leave England, he's got the whole country shouting for him, with huge amounts of talent at his disposal and a chance to really take this team somewhere.

Why give it all up for one of the most hostile positions in world football? 

This has a whiff of Chris Coleman to Sunderland only on a much larger scale,more like why would Man U even think about employing Him?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

This has a whiff of Chris Coleman to Sunderland only on a much larger scale,more like why would Man U even think about employing Him?

They have a huge issue of  fan unrest, Southgate is loved by a large amount of the country, is one way to get fans onside?

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

They have a huge issue of  fan unrest, Southgate is loved by a large amount of the country, is one way to get fans onside?

Knowing their fans I think they’d be fuming to be linked with Southgate and for me this time rightly so.

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

i think united, like liverpool, are in the minorty in the fact that they actually don’t care much for the england team (that may or may not be true) 

Amazing how pissed off Jenas is about diving when it's not a spurs player. He was so angry about vardy, I've seen him on tv laughing when Kane or Alli has done similar.

Edited by Facecloth

9 minutes ago, murphy said:

Why not if we are trying to replace a player we just sold for £65m :dunno:

Because we had to buy an attacking midfielder, a winger, two centrebacks (probably didn’t need both Benkovic and Soyuncu) and a rightback.

We could have spent that money on one players but it’s riskier and we seem to operating more cautiously (rightly so) nowadays 

Just now, Stadt said:

Because we had to buy an attacking midfielder, a winger, two centrebacks (probably didn’t need both Benkovic and Soyuncu) and a rightback.

We could have spent that money on one players but it’s riskier and we seem to operating more cautiously (rightly so) nowadays 

We're a much better squad after that investment, than a punt on one player. 

People want us to chuck money at players like the top teams, we simply can't afford that again, we tried and failed that.

35 minutes ago, Corky said:

How can you ban someone for "deception of the match official" when they haven't deceived the match official? The referee judged it, nothing occurred from it, what would any ban be for?

Depends if the referee includes it in his report that he saw it and took no action. 

If he doesn't then a player can be punished retrospectively. 

17 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Well we could have saved £24m on Ghezzal (if buying a quality winger) and Ward and like you say, bought one of Soyuncu or Benko.  We also had the Musa sale.  I think we had one of the lowest net spends last summer.  I don't think that a £35m player was out of reach and we could still have bought two CBs (including Evans), Ricardo and Maddison.

9 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Amazing how pissed off Jenas is about diving when it's not a spurs player. He was so angry about vardy, I've seen him on tv laughing when Kane or Alli has done similar.

I thought that but then I thought oh fvck it, our striker just turned someone and preferred to dive instead of shooting. Deserved a booking.

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I thought that but then I thought oh fvck it, our striker just turned someone and preferred to dive instead of shooting. Deserved a booking.

Oh yeah, not defending Vardy, it was pathetic,  just couldn't believe Jenas' reaction. I've heard him talk about the right to go down, or laughing at the situation when it suits him, but he was livid today. Piss poor punditry, almost as poor as Rio "Mike Ashley is a great man because his shops sell my merchandise" Ferdinand.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

It was an odd incident because usually with a blatant dive the opposition remonstrate with the player or go up to the referee but none of that occurred, the ref gave a throw and everyone just carried on.

I thought that too. Was pathetic though by Vardy.

Southampton guy did a bad dive too...

And our own player Success was booked last week for one against Woking!

Funny season for you lot - beat the top teams (and 8th in the league..) but losing to some of the lesser likes.

And Shane Long scored!

Probably means you'll beat us in a few weeks...again!

29 minutes ago, Corky said:

It was an odd incident because usually with a blatant dive the opposition remonstrate with the player or go up to the referee but none of that occurred, the ref gave a throw and everyone just carried on.

A few of their players did go up to the ref to ask why Vardy isn't getting booked for diving. 

Oliver was quite quick in telling them that Valery didn't get booked in first half, pointing to where he dived.