Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

I think Wolves will be top 10. I remember the pre-season friendly we had against them and thinking how good they looked and that they would walk the championship. It may turn out that their style of game may not work out in the Premier League, but the truth is that the teams below Burnley aren't very good and are all there for the taking. It seems like they are going to sign some good players again and in Jota and Neves they have players that could probably play for top 10 teams already.

Hopefully we up our own game in 18/19!

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Not really. We were without 4 or 5 of our best players, and they were well and truly on the beach. I watched it and it was like a training session. In fact it was exactly how you lot played when we beat you in pre-season. Didn't look bothered. 

It's slightly annoying as I'd have liked 100+ points, but ultimately who cares unless you're equalling/breaking the 106 record?

I get that but having got to 99 points the player should should be capable of challenging themselves to get to three figures. keeping going to the very end to achieve something notable. to this date only three clubs have done it. 

I quite like Southampton but slightly annoyed they stayed up because I want 1 or 2 of their players. Romeu is fantastic and Bertrand is good as well.

So Everton fans didn't like Koeman or Martinez because they had no idea how to set up a defence and now quite clearly want Big Sam out due to his tactics - well what do they want exactly?

I do feel they are another set of fans with ideas above their station living on the past.

• Like 4

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 15:57, KFS said:

@The Bear you're going to be a right pain next season aren't you...

Remember when we were supposedly signing Oscar Cardozo when we got promoted lol 

At least unlike our burnley crew he won't moan about lack of POUND NOTES lol lol 

On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 16:40, StriderHiryu said:

I think Wolves will be top 10. I remember the pre-season friendly we had against them and thinking how good they looked and that they would walk the championship. It may turn out that their style of game may not work out in the Premier League, but the truth is that the teams below Burnley aren't very good and are all there for the taking. It seems like they are going to sign some good players again and in Jota and Neves they have players that could probably play for top 10 teams already.

Hopefully we up our own game in 18/19!

But two or three players for us or five or six sides. Changes the whole league next season. Wolves probably need six players to match it. First season up as we know lots of players don't care. They want stability that comes in year 3/4. Not the first season.

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Sky Sports are reporting that our transfer window is to open this Thursday (17th) to comply with FIFA rulings 

correct.

has to be open for 12 weeks (FIFA ruling) and because it closes earlier in August, they have to open it earlier.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

correct.

has to be open for 12 weeks (FIFA ruling) and because it closes earlier in August, they have to open it earlier.

Yes at least one transfer window has to be open for that length of time and from what I’ve read the premier league thought that they was complying by still allowing the clubs to sell in the period 10th of August to the 31st of August 

To be honest, Wolves had Champions League players playing for them, but scored 99 points and lost quite a lot of games.

I don't think the Premier League will be that much of a breeze. Don't get fooled into the usual clap trap fans spout that the league is crap. It aint.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Donut said:

To be honest, Wolves had Champions League players playing for them, but scored 99 points and lost quite a lot of games.

I don't think the Premier League will be that much of a breeze. Don't get fooled into the usual clap trap fans spout that the league is crap. It aint.

They had players who have played in the Champions League, not Champions League players. They were Championship players. Now they will be Premier League players.

I could come up with a list as long as your arm of crap players who've played in the Champions League. Zeljko Kalac is a Champions League winner ffs. It means nothing.

38 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

They had players who have played in the Champions League, not Champions League players. They were Championship players. Now they will be Premier League players.

I could come up with a list as long as your arm of crap players who've played in the Champions League. Zeljko Kalac is a Champions League winner ffs. It means nothing.

danny simpson.

Shame Derby didnt make it through the playoffs to the Premier league. At least we would have been guaranteed six points (we ALWAYS beat Derby) Whearas Fulham - being a London club -  pretty much guaranteed to beat us twice! 

Hoping they lose in the final to Middlesborough (cos we always beat them, too!)

23 hours ago, StanSP said:

correct.

Somebody please tell Rudkin when it closes.

In fact, if all of the fans of the club wrote in to remind him of when this was, hopefully he'd get the timing right along with everybody else with the responsibility of pushing through paperwork for new signings.

17 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Somebody please tell Rudkin when it closes.

In fact, if all of the fans of the club wrote in to remind him of when this was, hopefully he'd get the timing right along with everybody else with the responsibility of pushing through paperwork for new signings.

No worries, Rudders has up-graded his carrier pigeon squadron. Leicester to Zurich in 21 days now.

47 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Wolves will do alright, they don't have the squad depth to get close to challenging for Europe yet though. Reckon they will be around 11th/12th.

2 hours ago, Donut said:

My thoughts too, they wont be challenging for Europe on their 1st season up. (Not saying its an imposibility but a highly improbable one.) The step up from leagues is quite large, Wolves had a great season and have 'some' strong players, but realistically i think if they finish mid table it will be a good season.