Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

11 minutes ago, Foxes04 said:

Leicester have called a news conference tomorrow 10am. Is Puel gone?

Since when do clubs call a press conference and announce a manger has gone? It'll be a press release, if he's gone, he's gone, and we'd know by now.

1 hour ago, Halifax Fox said:

Just read this elsewhere:

3 things are guaranteed in life: 1) you pay taxes 2) you die 3) Spurs bottling it every season.

But what have they bottled this season? I don't think anybody ever seriously thought they were in the title race?

I don't like Spurs but they haven't really "bottled" anything.

• Like 1

I can't see how can throw away something you were never in control of. Their two serious title challenges were just that- challenges. Top for 13 minutes in one, never top in another. Ourselves and Chelsea barely gave them a chance from March onwards.

I would say the times they've thrown away promising opportunities were the cup semi-finals against Chelsea and Man United in the past two years.

19 minutes ago, Langston said:

But what have they bottled this season? I don't think anybody ever seriously thought they were in the title race?

They've never spent a day top of the league have they? I don't get how they "bottle" something when they've never been top but I like to join in because I don't like them :D 

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They've never spent a day top of the league have they? I don't get how they "bottle" something when they've never been top but I like to join in because I don't like them :D 

Iirc after their start to last season (spanking Palace), Huddersfield have spent longer top in the last 25 years than Spurs have.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Langston said:

The day after Pochettino was whining on about how they're in the title race and nobody takes them serious they got humped by Wolves 3-0, thus bottling their own demands to be taken seriously. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Langston said:

How about the chance to finish above Arsenal for the first time in decades on the final day of 15/16 season.. To finish runner's up in the PL. 

...they bottled that one in true Spursy fashion and lost 5-1 to Newcastle! 

A beautiful moment in time. 

14 minutes ago, weller54 said:

How about the chance to finish above Arsenal for the first time in decades on the final day of 15/16 season.. To finish runner's up in the PL. 

...they bottled that one in true Spursy fashion and lost 5-1 to Newcastle! 

A beautiful moment in time. 

Not really this season though, is it?

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

A month too late in my opinion. Should've got Allardyce in last month. Had to be done though to give them any sort of hope. Shame, nice bloke. 

If you are going to get rid of a manager around half way into a season, needs to be done before January, at least give the new manager a chance to try and make some changes to his team