Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not only do I hate Manchester City but they don't even sell out as Champions of England. Ergh. 

Why do people care about this?

They live across the road from the most successful club in the country (one of the most successful in the world). Takes time to grow a fanbase, get kids turned, so on, and so forth.

• Like 1

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

Is that really a red? Low enough, not exactly excessive force, not to mention he did actually get the ball. Not the greatest tackling technique I agree but red?

I agree. He won the ball and there was no malicious intent but nowadays the ref knows he'll get crucified by the pundits if he doesn't send him off. Boly made a very gracious departure from the pitch too. I feel sorry for him.

2 minutes ago, Langston said:

Why do people care about this?

They live across the road from the most successful club in the country (one of the most successful in the world). Takes time to grow a fanbase, get kids turned, so on, and so forth.

Because everytime I go there for our away game I always end up next to their idiotic fans giving it the big one .

Just now, The Bear said:

No worse than a yellow really. Komoany on Salah was just as bad if not worse. 

It was a red tbh. But so was Kompany's. That said, Kompany gets away with a lot (especially for a man who's had bad injuries himself).

Just now, Fox92 said:

Because everytime I go there for our away game I always end up next to their idiotic fans giving it the big one .

But their fanbase, historically, has never been that big really.

You could argue that most of the folk there are "real fans" and they haven't yet attracted a load of plastics week in, week out.

Just seems a strange stick to beat them with.