Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

42 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

Some Wolves fans aren't halve delusional "Wolves, will be and should be the 1st game on match of the day. Unless linker is still in tears. No more biased reporting. Wolves are the Kings of the PL and we will hunt that crown down in then n ext few years. Out of the darkness cometh the light." "we were loud all game you fool xD" "man city fans were louder than you lot

yellow scousers think they're the best in the league 

I had a convo with a Wolves fan who was very humble, admitted we're still the best team in the midlands

Edited by splinterdream

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

What's everyones opinions on this?

It really shouldn't bother anybody. Mad game, bokers ending. Went to celebrate with his players, wasn't goading anybody.

Completely okay – he'll get a fine if Klopp did, though.

• Like 2

Just now, UniFox21 said:

I agree, but as per the rules he was right to be sent off, bit of a tricky one really because if the rule wasn’t there then you’d have managers running on the pitch after every goal but in certain circumstances like today there’s nothing wrong with showing a bit of passion.

Whats is concerning though is the inconsistency, the same ref didn’t send Klopp off for doing the same thing, Klopp was fined after the match by the PL, my guess would be the ref was given a ticking off after.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Langston said:

It really shouldn't bother anybody. Mad game, bokers ending. Went to celebrate with his players, wasn't goading anybody.

Completely okay – he'll get a fine if Klopp did, though.

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

They scored a 93rd minute winner at home and he celebrated with his players. Don't see what the issue is. 

Celebrate how you want 

4 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

I agree, but as per the rules he was right to be sent off, bit of a tricky one really because if the rule wasn’t there then you’d have managers running on the pitch after every goal but in certain circumstances like today there’s nothing wrong with showing a bit of passion.

Whats is concerning though is the inconsistency, the same ref didn’t send Klopp off for doing the same thing, Klopp was fined after the match by the PL, my guess would be the ref was given a ticking off after.

Agree with you all here, nothing wrong with showing passion following a frankly bonkers game.

But, the rule is there to stop managers stepping into the pitch, he should know that. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You can't have managers going on the pitch at all. What's to stop one going on and confronting/ taunting an official/ opponent?

I don't have a problem with him celebrating wildly but the pitch should be out of bounds during the match.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

You can't have managers going on the pitch at all. What's to stop one going on and confronting/ taunting an official/ opponent?

I don't have a problem with him celebrating wildly but the pitch should be out of bounds during the match.

Yup exactly, think thats a point Percy has massively missed here. Managers aren't allowed on the pitch, they can celebrate all they want in their technical area or bench, but the pitch is off limits during the game. 

It's unusual for Percy to miss something like this. 

11 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Sarri really is getting lost in translation then ?!

1846736081_Screenshot_20190120-091017_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.7a8a4a31d0c32014244eb2501697424b.jpg

To be fair to Sarri, he did a press conference afterwards in Italian because apparently he didn't know the words in English to express just how angry he was with his players work rate.

I totally agree with what he's doing. Players should get called out by the manager when they don't turn up. It's happening way too often in the modern game. Players raking in 6 figures every week and then barely breaking sweat knowing the manager will cop it. 

12 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Didn’t bother me at all, it’s not goading the opposition it’s the manager celebrating with his teammates.

You can’t impose a rule halfway through the season though, if Klopp didn’t get sent to the stands neither should Nuno.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Didn’t bother me at all, it’s not goading the opposition it’s the manager celebrating with his teammates.

You can’t impose a rule halfway through the season though, if Klopp didn’t get sent to the stands neither should Nuno.

I think it was mentioned on MOTD but as it’s the same ref , you’d imagine he’d copped a bollocking from on high for not sending Klopp to the stands, he had to sent Nuno off or he would have be demoted!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Agree. I was too pissed off at our team to care about it quite frankly. If anything, it helped us, as it added a load more extra time on for us to find another equalizer.

8 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

The rule may have been enforced more following the Klopp incident, probably not a case of making the rule up, more making sure its followed following a high profile incident 

13 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

But it's always been the rule, the ref was just rubbish and failed to enforce it in the Liverpool game