Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

9 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

I was amazed to wake up this morning and find a manager more derided than Puel!

Football fans are never happy........top 6 and a league cup final and they are calling for him to be sacked............Sound familiar?!!

Watch the pundits won't say a word about the fans being wrong but it's different for Leicester we are ungrateful f8ckers for being 12.

3 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

If it were my club, and a record signing at that, I would like to show a player, and the fans, how well and professionally I, and the club, ran things. 

Just think if you were a newly recruited and headhunted executive how greatly it reflects on a business if you are picked up in a beaten up old Skoda with a amateur driver, or a brand new Mercedes with a immaculate chauffeur! 

Oi!!!!. 

I've just bought a Skoda Superb.. And it's much better finished than my brother in law 's Mercedes!! 

• Haha 1

Difference between Klopp and Pep compared to Sarri is that they've adjusted how they play, Sarri is too dogmatic and plays exactly the same way - if he doesn't change things he's gone. Be interesting to see who'd they go for if they did sack him, Zidane would be the most obvious choice but not sure he'd fancy it.

Chelsea's squad is weak though, how many of their players would get into Liverpool or Manchester City's sides? Azpilicueta, Kante and Hazard? Even then I'm not certain they definitely would.

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Difference between Klopp and Pep compared to Sarri is that they've adjusted how they play, Sarri is too dogmatic and plays exactly the same way - if he doesn't change things he's gone. Be interesting to see who'd they go for if they did sack him, Zidane would be the most obvious choice but not sure he'd fancy it.

Chelsea's squad is weak though, how many of their players would get into Liverpool or Manchester City's sides? Azpilicueta, Kante and Hazard? Even then I'm not certain they definitely would.

Kante and Hazard, played in their correct positions, would walk into just about any of the top teams in Europe. Sarri just appears to be totally out of his depth.

13 hours ago, Stadt said:

Klopp didnt really adjust in his first season though did he?  It was all heavy metal and conceding 4 goals against Bournemouth

It wasnt until his second season he started to really balance things out

14 hours ago, weller54 said:

Oi!!!!. 

I've just bought a Skoda Superb.. And it's much better finished than my brother in law 's Mercedes!! 

Actually a great car since VW bought the company......previously they were dreadful........and I'm really hoping yours in a VW one, otherwise I've really put my foot in it!:D

Just one request, when will you take out that 'don't follow me, follow Spurs' sticker from your back windscreen?lol

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Actually a great car since VW bought the company......previously they were dreadful........and I'm really hoping yours in a VW one, otherwise I've really put my foot in it!:D

Just one request, when will you take out that 'don't follow me, follow Spurs' sticker from your back windscreen?lol

It’s got the old Spurs crest on it with the motto “Audere est facere” which I think translates as “ sound system broken” 

1 hour ago, ThaiFox said:

It's a 2016 Superb estate.. And a great car.. Skoda have done so well to shake off the awful image they had 20 years ago. 

Spuds sticker on the back will stay put of course!! 

8 minutes ago, weller54 said:

It's a 2016 Superb estate.. And a great car.. Skoda have done so well to shake off the awful image they had 20 years ago. 

Spuds sticker on the back will stay put of course!! 

Glad to hear it.........not the standard of the car, but the Spuds sticker staying.......I know how much they mean to you! 

Unfortunately my 'I love Spuds' sticker was stolen........and I'm now wondering if you know anything about it???????

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Any manager who plays Ngolo Kante as an attacking right midfielder deserves anything he gets imo.

Forced to read you posts back to 2011 should be a bad enough punishment. Then again suicides probably less painful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Klopp didnt really adjust in his first season though did he?  It was all heavy metal and conceding 4 goals against Bournemouth

It wasnt until his second season he started to really balance things out

True, Sarri doesn’t change at all though which is fine if you have probably the second best side in Italy but to be so stubborn in a league with teams with much larger resources and better managers is naive.

• Like 1

Kante may not be being used in his best position, but its fun watching him adapt to having responsibility further up the field and having to attack more, he has done it surprisingly well at times

But yeah, probably would be better off playing him in his traditional position where he is one of the world's best

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Kante may not be being used in his best position, but its fun watching him adapt to having responsibility further up the field and having to attack more, he has done it surprisingly well at times

But yeah, probably would be better off playing him in his traditional position where he is one of the world's best

Might help slightly with all those goals they have been letting in lately. Still baffled that he signed a new contract despite all of this, but hey!

Kante playing in central midfield is not “completely out of position”. He’s not a natural 6, he’s better when he can win the ball higher up the pitch like in 15/16 for us but it’d suit Chelsea better (in the short term) to play Kante and Jorginho alongside each other with Kovacic in front.

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Kanté has actually been doing very well by most accounts! So that's one thing Sarri has got right

He's breaking up as many attacks as ever.  It's just that a third of them are now Chelsea's.

From high on the wings, he simply can't cover the pitch to get to the ball wherever the opponent has it = an extraordinary talent partly negated.

He has looked somewhat more comfortable (and productive) recently.  But I still feel like I'm watching the world's fastest greyhound being trained to walk on its hind legs.

This is demonstrably stupid from Sarri.

• Like 1

He's not at all blameless - not getting the best from Kante, sidelining Hudson-Odoi, the occasional odd sub etc. - but I do feel quite a bit of sympathy for Sarri. I'm not sure where the logic is in hiring a manager known for sticking rigidly to a single style of play and then sacking him for sticking rigidly to that style of play. Presumably you appointed him because his philosophy appeals to you, yeah? Now maybe try to help him and give him the time to implement it. For instance, try not to let a situation occur whereby the outgoing manager ends up taking the first week of pre-season training. Klopp's Liverpool finished 8th with 60 points in his first season. Sarri's Chelsea are ten points from that total with 12 games left.

Their rivals have mostly been improving year on year but Chelsea's squad has been downgraded in that time in pretty much every area of the pitch. Take the 14/15 season as an example: since then, Man City have gone from the likes of Hart, Demichelis, Mangala and Navas to Ederson, Laporte, Otamendi and Sané. Liverpool have gone from Mignolet, Allen, Skrtel and Moreno to Alisson, Wijnaldum, Van Dijk and Robertson. Chelsea in that time have lost the spine of their team - Courtois, Terry, Matic and Costa - and their replacements have been a marked downgrade.

Their squad is also pretty notorious for going through long periods of not really being arsed. Hazard's as good as gone. Pedro, David Luiz, Willian and Giroud are all 30+ with contracts expiring either this or next summer and probably know they won't be getting renewed. Their squad's in need of a good spring clean, mainly a mixture of good players past their best and then filler like Drinkwater, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek etc. who don't really have any business in a team looking to challenge for the top 4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1