sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

6 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Those adverts at Wolves are horrible and making it hard to watch, I’m sure they are not this big at other grounds

They have to be a standard size, they just have twice as many as anyone else 

7 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Those adverts at Wolves are horrible and making it hard to watch, I’m sure they are not this big at other grounds

I'm finding it all so tiresome to be honest. Both teams have betting companies as their main shirt sponser, another betting company buzzes around the pitch on two rings of screens in Chinese, Bet365 on the boards behind that, West Ham's shirt sponser(another bookie) pops up on the screens as I type this. Waiting for the adverts to come on so I can be bombarded by more and more and more, then Sky talk sh**e for 10miins with their 'experts' who spit at children in their spare time and back to  footie trimmed to the gills with the same flashy ticker tape.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

I'm finding it all so tiresome to be honest. Both teams have betting companies as their main shirt sponser, another betting company buzzes around the pitch on two rings of screens in Chinese, Bet365 on the boards behind that, West Ham's shirt sponser(another bookie) pops up on the screens as I type this. Waiting for the adverts to come on so I can be bombarded by more and more and more, then Sky talk sh**e for 10miins with their 'experts' who spit at children in their spare time and back to  footie trimmed to the gills with the same flashy ticker tape.

Agreed. The sooner they ban betting advertising the better. Italy have made the first move and banned it, the rest of us need to follow suit. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Agreed. The sooner they ban betting advertising the better. Italy have made the first move and banned it, the rest of us need to follow suit. 

The new tobacco companies

Edited by WigstonWanderer

Patrick Kluivert at halftime  "I really have nothing to say"

**Awkward pause** 

Carragher "that's what we're paying you for Patrick" lol

Someone needs to tell him what's needed to work for Sky Football to turn any game into a "must see"

Edited by Collymore
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Patrick Kluivert at halftime  "I really have nothing to say"

**Awkward pause** 

Carragher "that's what we're paying you for Patrick" lol

I think that's just a way of saying "this has been god awful, and if I'm gonna watch another half I'm going to need a bottle of buckfast" that doesn't end his career in punditry

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Wow, I totally disagree. I don't think he is particularly rich of excuses, seen plenty of managers with more and many with less. And he has barely complained about cash in windows - in fact he has explicitly mentioned that they have had opportunities to add to the squad but that he did not believe they would add quality to the squad. I challenge you to find any manager which will not make excuses when things do not go their way, by the way. Klopp does it Mourinho has done it, Pep has done it, they all do it. These have all won big titles and cups, too, so you can't say they don't have a winning mentality. And Pochettino certainly doesn't make "the heart of his message" excuses, I have no idea how you have inferred that. Just because recently, he has come under pressure for certain things Spurs have done, and he has given the press his reasons, or 'excuses'?

I think he is an excellent manager, reasonably likeable, and although I am Puel In I would sack him in a heartbeat if it meant we got Pochettino.

People seem to forget Martin O'Neil saying that how hard it was to compete financially, whilst he was here😄😄

3 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

People seem to forget Martin O'Neil saying that how hard it was to compete financially, whilst he was here😄😄

To a certain extent, back then, it was. 

Its not exactly like nowadays where every single team gets a relatively big share of advertising fees and TV money. Nobody in the top flight is short of a few quid are they, really. 

I must say, Newcastle’s new signing is an odd looking fellow! 

Schar And Lejeune are excellent! Have been for a while now. 

11 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Bloody weird position we’re in, because we could probably still get 7th if we tried but also we could get relegated if we carry on current form lol 

We aint getting relegated, and we defo aint getting 7th, its a funny world, i cant remember the tosser on here who doubted me when i said we would struggle to win over  3 games the rest  season, 4 games ago 

Edited by lestajigs

That is some of the most corrupt refereeing I've seen in months. 

Just literally waits for Wolves to score. There's absolutely no need to be playing more than the allotted time and then Boly just goes and climbs over the keeper. 

Edit: Yes it's shit keeping but every single one of us knows that's given as a foul in 99.9999% of other occasions. If you think that's consistent officiating you're bonkers or Bear. 

Edited by Finnegan

14 minutes ago, Manini said:

To a certain extent, back then, it was. 

Its not exactly like nowadays where every single team gets a relatively big share of advertising fees and TV money. Nobody in the top flight is short of a few quid are they, really. 

All the same mate. 

The bottom clubs then were spending a fraction of what the big clubs were spending then and it's not far off that now. 

Wages probably similar as well. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

That is some of the most corrupt refereeing I've seen in months. 

Just literally waits for Wolves to score. There's absolutely no need to be playing more than the allotted time and then Boly just goes and climbs over the keeper. 

He could have given them a free kick on the edge of the area with twenty seconds to go ???.wouldnt that have been easier if he was corrupt??