Jump to content
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Recommended Posts

It seems as if referees are untouchable by the FA etc; despite the high level of controversy over the past few seasons made by some at the top-level and below.

Perhaps they need more regulation from their bosses, like the FA needs in general as they appear quite incompetent in places.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

It seems as if referees are untouchable by the FA etc; despite the high level of controversy over the past few seasons made by some at the top-level and below.

Perhaps they need more regulation from their bosses, like the FA needs in general as they appear quite incompetent in places.

Won’t happen though will it, unfortunately. It’s quite clearly jobs for the boys and as you say they’re untouchable. You only have to look at the has been referees that come on to Sky Sports or BT at the weekend, every decision the refs make is correct in their eyes, they’re not going to call their mates out live on national telly are they. The whole set up is a complete farce from top to bottom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I think the whole business is shady myself. We heard a lot about what Poch and Perez said, but Mike Dean obviously antagonised them and the FA has not let slip anything. 

There seemed to be one word or phrase that accelerated Pochettino's anger, I presumed it was a "Oh F*** off" or something. I don't think "Go Away. Go Away. Go Away...." would have done that to be honest. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what you are

You know what you aaaaare

Mike Dean

You know what you are

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KFS said:

You know what you are

You know what you aaaaare

Mike Dean

You know what you are

He doesn’t though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just in case anyone fancied a Mike Dean update. He’s pissed of forest fans tonight. So that Spurs and Forest In the space of a week.... essentially I think this means he’s our god? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AjcW said:

Just in case anyone fancied a Mike Dean update. He’s pissed of forest fans tonight. So that Spurs and Forest In the space of a week.... essentially I think this means he’s our god? 

Brilliant post! 

 

Hasn't Dean refereed Spuds to more defeats in the past 4 years than any other referee? They hate him there! So, for that reason alone, I think he's top notch!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really doesn't matter how bad a ref he is, the manager and players need to respect the position and not confront him. If they have a problem write a letter of complaint to the relevant sports body after the match.

 

Lack of respect for officials is one of the worst parts of the game.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FIF said:

It really doesn't matter how bad a ref he is, the manager and players need to respect the position and not confront him. If they have a problem write a letter of complaint to the relevant sports body after the match.

 

Lack of respect for officials is one of the worst parts of the game.

Surprised to have read 2 pages of Mike Dean being berated by an overtly aggressive Pochettino (surely the sorest loser in a sport of sore losers) and the blame being put on Mike Dean.

 

Dean is a preposterous referee and not a good one either. But neither of those things is an excuse for Pochettino’s behaviour.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This constant thing of good and bad referees to me is ridiculous. I can see that mike dean with his style might wind a few people up but to suggest he is a bad referee is just wrong. To get to the stage where you are a premier league referee you have to be at the very top of the profession and they all are. It’s really not an easy job. On a premier league football pitch you have elite athletes doing everything at such a pace it makes it impossible for referees. It actually amazes me they are as good as they are.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

Brilliant post! 

 

Hasn't Dean refereed Spuds to more defeats in the past 4 years than any other referee? They hate him there! So, for that reason alone, I think he's top notch!

 

 

Here was me thinking he was a cvnt. 

 

He's got my vote for best ref of the decade. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

This constant thing of good and bad referees to me is ridiculous. I can see that mike dean with his style might wind a few people up but to suggest he is a bad referee is just wrong. To get to the stage where you are a premier league referee you have to be at the very top of the profession and they all are. It’s really not an easy job. On a premier league football pitch you have elite athletes doing everything at such a pace it makes it impossible for referees. It actually amazes me they are as good as they are.

Cheers Mike. You make some valid points there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, peach0000 said:

This constant thing of good and bad referees to me is ridiculous. I can see that mike dean with his style might wind a few people up but to suggest he is a bad referee is just wrong. To get to the stage where you are a premier league referee you have to be at the very top of the profession and they all are. It’s really not an easy job. On a premier league football pitch you have elite athletes doing everything at such a pace it makes it impossible for referees. It actually amazes me they are as good as they are.

Agree...Not forgetting fans ,Players,and managers,are too damn stupid to even get to know the rules...!:mad:

All Referees are top...and should be brought a couple of pints after the game..Referees rock !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Pre season is a long way away but it looks like no Premier Asia Trophy for us. Man City, Wolves, Newcastle and West Ham in Shanghai

Wow.. Big teams!.. 

The Best team in England AND Manchester City too!! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Pre season is a long way away but it looks like no Premier Asia Trophy for us. Man City, Wolves, Newcastle and West Ham in Shanghai

Given wolves are Chinese owned that’s not a shock. That’s a better line up than the last tournament with West Brom and palace! 

 

Shanghai back end of July .........players will be happy not to be going there ...... it’s disgusting walking around in that humidity, never mind playing! 

 

Hopefully we follow our standard austrian camp and close to home friendlies .......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Agree...Not forgetting fans ,Players,and managers,are too damn stupid to even get to know the rules...!:mad:

All Referees are top...and should be brought a couple of pints after the game..Referees rock !!

And not just the top refs. There are literally dozens of ordinary blokes with a love of footy who turn out for all the park and local league games for a paltry £25.

 

Believe me, when I was playing, the amount of stick and abuse these guys get week and week out, was embarrassing at times.  Without them there would be no grass roots football and the whole pyramid would collapse.

 

Doesn't mean that I always have to agree with their decisions, and call their eyesight into question on occasion, but when you get a bit of a prima donna type (Mike Dean) it does create an atmosphere and that's when things can turn sour. Start treating people like naughty children and they will behave like them.

 

Respect is a two way thing, and all the best refs get this whilst giving the players the same respect in return. Fair but don't take no sh*t from no-one.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, peach0000 said:

This constant thing of good and bad referees to me is ridiculous. I can see that mike dean with his style might wind a few people up but to suggest he is a bad referee is just wrong. To get to the stage where you are a premier league referee you have to be at the very top of the profession and they all are. It’s really not an easy job. On a premier league football pitch you have elite athletes doing everything at such a pace it makes it impossible for referees. It actually amazes me they are as good as they are.

You’re on the wind up. You must be. I genuinely can’t think of a single referee, in the Premier League, who can be described as anything anywhere near good. They’re all absolutely atrocious and the bloody FA know it, which is why they never come under any criticism from them or their mates at the PGMOL or whatever it’s called and also why they’re not obligated to give interviews after the game such as the players and the managers. 

 

Some of the decisions they make are...they’re just mind boggling. 

Edited by Manini
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Manini said:

You’re on the wind up. You must be. I genuinely can’t think of a single referee, in the Premier League, who can be described as anything anywhere near good. They’re all absolutely atrocious and the bloody FA know it, which is why they never come under any criticism from them or their mates at the PGMOL or whatever it’s called and also why they’re not obligated to give interviews after the game such as the players and the managers. 

 

Some of the decisions they make are...they’re just mind boggling. 

Then take on the Black shirt,and show us how it should really be done...:wave:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Then take on the Black shirt,and show us how it should really be done...:wave:

Ah yes good one :thumbup: :frusty:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...