Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

What's your thoughts on this? For me it should be equal punishment for both, if any at all. It's an in game incident, if anything Kane is more at fault for the reaction. 

 

But obviously BT can't go against "King Kane"

Equal punishment lol

I know everyone on here loves to hate Kane but an elbow to the back of the head is not the same as the reaction that Kane gave. That isn't about BT Sport going or not against Kane, it's just common sense that Fernandinho's actions are worse. 

 

Fernandinho should have seen red just as much as Salah should have in the other game. The fact both weren't reviewed by VAR and then subsequently players given reds is quite surprising. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

 

Both champions league and prem related. But this guy is very right.

You can see why Puel was always wary with Vardy's injury about playing him too much or rushing him back. It is a fine line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Equal punishment lol

I know everyone on here loves to hate Kane but an elbow to the back of the head is not the same as the reaction that Kane gave. That isn't about BT Sport going or not against Kane, it's just common sense that Fernandinho's actions are worse. 

 

Fernandinho should have seen red just as much as Salah should have in the other game. The fact both weren't reviewed by VAR and then subsequently players given reds is quite surprising. 

The action you find worse doesn’t change the face both could have and probably should have walked 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, davieG said:

Bernardo Silva hardly got any game time last season and he’s one of their most picked starters this season. Some players need more time to fit in something we should think about at LCFC.

davieG you got that so wrong. 

 

If a player can't settle in five minutes he's crap and never will. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, sylofox said:

davieG you got that so wrong. 

 

If a player can't settle in five minutes he's crap and never will. 

Five minutes!!.. 

Over generous. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sylofox said:

davieG you got that so wrong. 

 

If a player can't settle in five minutes he's crap and never will. 

You might mock the FT reactionary nature but it seems that it's true.  I think that Vardy is the only exception to this and he climbed a mountain in terms of non-league to PL.  Perhaps Chillwell but he was a kid, making his way into the first team not an established player.

 

Look at the players we bought in this season.  Maddison and Tilemans hit the ground running.  Evans and Ricardo took a handful of games.  Going back further, Ndidi came from Belgium and slotted straight in.  Fuchs, Kante?

 

Then look at the flops.  Silva, Musa, Inler, Nacho, Iborra .. not one of them improved with time.  They started poorly and stayed poor.

 

If you're good enough you'll hit the ground running.  If not, you probably never will it seems.

 

 

 

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, murphy said:

You might mock the FT reactionary nature but it seems that it's true.  I think that Vardy is the only exception to this and he climbed a mountain in terms of non-league to PL.  Perhaps Chillwell but he was a kid, making his way into the first team not an established player.

 

Look at the players we bought in this season.  Maddison and Tilemans hit the ground running.  Evans and Ricardo took a handful of games.  Going back further, Ndidi came from Belgium and slotted straight in.  Fuchs, Kante?

 

Then look at the flops.  Silva, Musa, Inler, Nacho, Iborra .. not one of them improved with time.  They started poorly and stayed poor.

 

If you're good enough you'll hit the ground running.  If not, you probably never will it seems.

 

 

 

Vardy has not escaped anything. Middlesborough away 13/14 first game of the season. Pearson was slagged off the minute the thread opened for picking Drinky and Vardy. Start of the ear cupping. 

 

Both where being slagged off the end of the previous season. The reason Vardy nearly quit football. 

Edited by sylofox
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

There were plenty of comments calling Ricardo shit at the start of the season.

Kasper should have been replaced by the likes of Hamer, Zieler and every other number two that’s been here since he arrived.

Morgan had always been to old and slow

Maguire and Chilwell are thick

Madison is too much of a pretty boy and a  young Paul Gallagher.

Every one of our players has been slated on here at some point or other it’s laughable if a players not a 10/10 in the first 2 mins they’re shit and then people look for shot constantly to hit them with.

Find me the last match thread where Kasper and distribution wasn’t mentioned...

 

Yes, lots of players get unwarranted and ott criticism on here but I think you're missing the point I'm making.

 

I did say that Ricardo took a handful of games but the point I am making is that those that cannot step up and slot in pretty quickly never seem to get there.

 

I would say, based on the evidence that I gave that you really can judge whether a player will be a success here within in his first 10 games.  

 

Time has nothing to do with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sylofox said:

Vardy has not escaped anything. Middlesborough away 13/14 first game of the season. Pearson was slagged off the minute the thread opened for picking Drinky and Vardy. Start of the ear cupping. 

 

Both where being slagged off the end of the previous season. The reason Vardy nearly quit football. 

I know.  I think you've misunderstood what I am saying.

 

I said that based on recent evidence, players that come in and don't hit the ground running don't seem to improve when given the luxury of time.  It seems you really can judge a player pretty quickly.  FTers get mocked for making knee jerk reactions on new players.  Some of the calmer heads say 'give him time'.  I'm saying, that never seems to work.

 

Vardy is the exception because he really did improve over time, however, his is an exceptional case as he was stepping up multiple divisions.from non-league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, murphy said:

You might mock the FT reactionary nature but it seems that it's true.  I think that Vardy is the only exception to this and he climbed a mountain in terms of non-league to PL.  Perhaps Chillwell but he was a kid, making his way into the first team not an established player.

 

Look at the players we bought in this season.  Maddison and Tilemans hit the ground running.  Evans and Ricardo took a handful of games.  Going back further, Ndidi came from Belgium and slotted straight in.  Fuchs, Kante?

 

Then look at the flops.  Silva, Musa, Inler, Nacho, Iborra .. not one of them improved with time.  They started poorly and stayed poor.

 

If you're good enough you'll hit the ground running.  If not, you probably never will it seems.

 

 

 

Most of those flops were never given a decent run in the team, that's not to say they would have turned out ok. 

 

But I'll stick by my premise that some players need more time and a decent run in the team to acclimatise.

 

On a slightly different angle some players despite excelling at the highest level at club football flop in international football and vice-versa with some players appearing a bit above average excelling at international level.

 

Football is not just a simple equation surely the Silva, Tielemans turn around in form with a change of clubs shows that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, murphy said:

I know.  I think you've misunderstood what I am saying.

 

I said that based on recent evidence, players that come in and don't hit the ground running don't seem to improve when given the luxury of time.  It seems you really can judge a player pretty quickly.  FTers get mocked for making knee jerk reactions on new players.  Some of the calmer heads say 'give him time'.  I'm saying, that never seems to work.

 

Vardy is the exception because he really did improve over time, however, his is an exceptional case as he was stepping up multiple divisions.from non-league.

So Ricardo has not improved from his first few games and some on here claimed he was not good enough. Chilly last season to this. Ndidi has been brilliant shite and brilliant. Vardy should have been sold to West Brom for £5m.

 

Albrightons been brilliant shite brilliant passed it brilliant. 

 

One mistake and some on here turn. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, murphy said:

 

Yes, lots of players get unwarranted and ott criticism on here but I think you're missing the point I'm making.

 

I did say that Ricardo took a handful of games but the point I am making is that those that cannot step up and slot in pretty quickly never seem to get there.

 

I would say, based on the evidence that I gave that you really can judge whether a player will be a success here within in his first 10 games.  

 

Time has nothing to do with it.

Plenty of players don't get 10 consecutive games, it's not good if those 10 stretch over a season or are mostly sub appearances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a bad feeling about Solskjaer. He had some really favourable fixtures when he took charge and rode on his new manager/not Mourinho bounce. A good manager should be able to pick up a team after bad results. Will be interesting to see if he can do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sylofox said:

So Ricardo has not improved from his first few games and some on here claimed he was not good enough. Chilly last season to this. Ndidi has been brilliant shite and brilliant. Vardy should have been sold to West Brom for £5m.

 

Albrightons been brilliant shite brilliant passed it brilliant. 

 

One mistake and some on here turn. 

I still don't think you are getting what I am saying.  I'm not talking about people's opinions on players.  

 

I am saying that on the evidence of recent transfers, needing time to adapt beyond a handful of games (ie Ricardo) seems to be a myth.  You make it quickly or not at all.

 

I can't be bothered to explain it again if you still don't get it.  Perhaps re read the original post.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wolves are set to spend £36.5m on Morgan Sanson from Marseille. We could spend £40m on Tielemans. Everton could go big again.  The 3 of us could likely challenge top 6. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, davieG said:

Most of those flops were never given a decent run in the team, that's not to say they would have turned out ok. 

 

But I'll stick by my premise that some players need more time and a decent run in the team to acclimatise.

 

On a slightly different angle some players despite excelling at the highest level at club football flop in international football and vice-versa with some players appearing a bit above average excelling at international level.

 

Football is not just a simple equation surely the Silva, Tielemans turn around in form with a change of clubs shows that.

I would say in response to that, that a player has to earn a run in the team.  Someone like Nacho has made himself almost unselectable this season.

 

Fair enough if you stand by your opinion but can you think of a single established player (ie not a kid like Chillwell stepping up from the U23s) that has started off poorly and taken 6 months or a year to become good for us in recent seasons?

 

I just think the evidence backs my argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, murphy said:

I would say in response to that, that a player has to earn a run in the team.  Someone like Nacho has made himself almost unselectable this season.

 

Fair enough if you stand by your opinion but can you think of a single established player (ie not a kid like Chillwell stepping up from the U23s) that has started off poorly and taken 6 months or a year to become good for us in recent seasons?

 

I just think the evidence backs my argument.

Mendy?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Mendy?

He's been here a while but he only played 3 games I believe in his first season. had a long term injury then went on loan.

 

There isn't a player that came good after 6 months or so.  I think that the evidence proves my point.  You've either got it or you haven't it would seem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Got a bad feeling about Solskjaer. He had some really favourable fixtures when he took charge and rode on his new manager/not Mourinho bounce. A good manager should be able to pick up a team after bad results. Will be interesting to see if he can do that.

 

He's a poor manager, will be sacked by November. Terrible choice by Man Utd. 6th place could be up for grabs if we start next season well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Got a bad feeling about Solskjaer. He had some really favourable fixtures when he took charge and rode on his new manager/not Mourinho bounce. A good manager should be able to pick up a team after bad results. Will be interesting to see if he can do that.

The bizarre thing to me is that he has setup the team in recent games in exactly the same way that Mournho did. IE men behind the ball and looking to counter. But the reason he got the job in the first place was by being more attacking and trying to win games. OK against Barcelona that is understandable, but they've hardly been taking the game to opponents in their games against Wolves and recent PL games. 

This would be the equivalent of Rodgers playing Mendy, Ndidi and Choudhury against Newcastle after we have just won 4 games in a row.

Oh god, I've jinxed us now haven't I?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Koke said:

Wolves are set to spend £36.5m on Morgan Sanson from Marseille. We could spend £40m on Tielemans. Everton could go big again.  The 3 of us could likely challenge top 6. 

 

 

If they get him that's £190m net spend since promotion, £40m more than our current net spend of £147m since we got promoted.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...