sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

13 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

the way some of the Liverpool fans are going you'd think they have already won he league, reminds me alot of the spurs fans tbh

as much as Liverpool have been good, theyve certainly had a lot of luck in recent weeks, and that will certainly run out imo

Reminds me of wolves fans last week booking hotels for the fa  cup final

Edited by yorkie1999

10 minutes ago, Nalis said:

So after this Man City have...

Spurs (H)

Man Utd (A)

Burnley (A)

Leicester (H)

Brighton (A)

and Liverpool have...

Cardiff (A)

Huddersfield (H)

Newcastle (A)

Wolves (H)

Still think Man City will win the league but starting to feel less confident about it as the games go out, particularly looking at the run ins.

Nah, Liverpool will win it. They have much easier fixtures be it in the PL or the Cl and want it more. MCFC will slip. It's a matter of when not if.

1 minute ago, Sir Shep said:

I think Newcastle will roll over like loyal little puppy dogs wanting their belly tickled!

I don’t think they even put up that much fight

:whistle:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Could have chosen to say this on any other weekend other than the 30th anniversary of Hillsborough lol 

oops....did not realise.

If Liverpool see this out and then beat Cardiff the Manchester Derby will be a genuinely massive game, no hype needed (though no doubt plenty used), particularly as United are scrapping for top four.

The other games may or may not go as expected, you never know but if Man City feel a draw in the derby won't be enough it could be one hell of a game. How would Utd fans feel about helping Liverpool win it, even by stopping City win it? Their worst nightmare surely!

2 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

If Liverpool see this out and then beat Cardiff the Manchester Derby will be a genuinely massive game, no hype needed (though no doubt plenty used), particularly as United are scrapping for top four.

The other games may or may not go as expected, you never know but if Man City feel a draw in the derby won't be enough it could be one hell of a game. How would Utd fans feel about helping Liverpool win it, even by stopping City win it? Their worst nightmare surely!

The general vibe with United fans is that they’d prefer Man City winning it. Mainly because of the all time English championship record 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Manchester United fans hate Liverpool more than they do Manchester City. The rivalry of the Cities, not just in football, is massive.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

I don't know what it is or why but I really don't want them to win it... there's no real reason for it but just watching Klopp celebrate at the end there made me think... 'god I hope they **** this up'

Guess I'm just a bit sadistic lol

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Nah, Liverpool will win it. They have much easier fixtures be it in the PL or the Cl and want it more. MCFC will slip. It's a matter of when not if.

How do you figure they want it more? :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Apollo said:

The hatred of Liverpool is bizarre - don't give a monkeys who wins it as long as it's interesting

It’s not hatred from me,  it’s more growing up in the 80’s with kids from Leicester who donned Liverpool tops even though they or their family had no association with the city, better known as plastic barstools, who made me despise them at the time! Nowadays I still see them as a plastic magnet and so really don’t like to see them win. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Apollo said:

The hatred of Liverpool is bizarre - don't give a monkeys who wins it as long as it's interesting

You’re joking, if Liverpool win it we won’t here the last of it for the next million years and carragher will claim he was justified in flobbing all over his car window.

• Like 1

Man city will win last 5 easy they are the best premier league team ever. Realistically 3 as Burnley and Brighton are a given. Spurs will be shattered after running all night in champions league and then city will rotate and destroy on the Saturday. That leaves us and man u. They will beat man u knowing that if they win that they have easy run in and do what Barcelona did to them last week. And they won't throw it away against us and win 5 quite comfortably.

Edited by lcfcfoz

Had a feeling the game would come to life after that first half. Chelsea still asleep and shellshocked after the first goal, their left-back particularly susceptible. Then Chelsea had a fifteen minute patch where they could've scored 3, Hazard doing everything but put the ball in the net, that's Chelsea's plateau today. Then substitutions from both teams level the game out, Higuain is an absolute donkey, Kante still playing as an attacking RCM with Willian dropping deeper than him on most occasions - Kante is the best CDM in the world lol This is madness from Chelsea and it they lose Hazard and either keep Sarri or lose Kante too they're not getting Champs League next year.

Liverpool bouyant. Good performance which will serve as more of a confidence boost than anything, their fans will get even rowdier from today. Should be an interesting climax

Liverpool could still finish on 97 points with a goal difference of better than +60 and still not win the league!

That result is massive for Liverpool. Think they'll win it now as I can see them taking maximum points from their remaining games whilst Man City have a few potential banana skin's to negotiate and I expect them to drop points in at least one of those games.

Edited by ian_marshall

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

You’re joking, if Liverpool win it we won’t here the last of it for the next million years and carragher will claim he was justified in flobbing all over his car window.

Yep. They will declare themselves the greatest team of all time.  The BBC and Sky will have wall to wall ex Liverpool players lapping it all up.

Pep and Man City have gone about their job brilliantly and with humility.  Their brand of football is a joy.

Klopp has an arrogance about him, and it isn't a good arrogance. They play and he speaks like they are owed the title because they were a good team 30 years ago.

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Liverpool could still finish on 97 points with a goal difference of better than +60 and still not win the league!

Would be beautiful.

• Like 1

Liverpool may have the easier fixture but they need Man City to drop points and i just don't see that happening. 

Still think Man City will win.

I'm with those who genuinely could not care less, and I grew up with those Liverpool fans too. It's a long time ago, I think I'm just about over it now.

Like Man U, Man C, Chelsea even Arsenal don’t have their glory fans. Even we picked up a fair few during our league win although most have probably disappeared now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I’d like that