sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Soft red that. Deeney is a bit of a mouthy ****, but that's yellow at most.

Big fan of Deeney but that's a red for me, forearms him in the face for absolutely no reason.

• Like 1

Just now, trabuch said:

Harsh

Mhh. 

I'm trying to look at that in literally any way that supports Deeney but I have to be honest, the more times I watch it the more I sympathise with the officials. 

He clearly flicks his arm up towards Torreira. He quite possibly, I'd say even probably, doesn't mean to connect near his head but the man is five foot four and Deeney's six foot. 

I think he probably only means to shake him up a bit but he forced the officials to make a decision and they had to send him off, it was just beyond stupid. He's admitted before that he likes the physical change and specifically likes getting stuck in against Arsenal. 

He did. Oops. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Only seen one shitty angle replay but i don't think that's a red...

Pawson is one of the worst going but he was clearly taking instruction from the assistant. 

Why is Deeney even risking that. No need whatsoever to have has arm around Torreiras face. 

• Like 1

It's a definite red. He sticks his forearm out towards Torreira as he runs past him. Can't excuse that in any way. Not even a 'game's gone' kind of red card. Clear sending off. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, martyn said:

Pawson is one of the worst going but he was clearly taking instruction from the assistant. 

Why is Deeney even risking that. No need whatsoever to have has arm around Torreiras face. 

Sorry I take that back, just seen another angle and it seems the right decision. I shouldn't jump on the refs back so fast!

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Like 1

That's the softest red card i've seen in years.

He's only been sent off there because it's Troy Deeney vs Arsenal.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Sorry mate but watch it again. You can't just raise your arm up in someone's face as you're running by them. 

The speed it all happens from the angle the lino is watching that from behind he's always going to give that. 

It's harsh from some angles but when you stop and think about it it's just absolutely dumb. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Seriously? The softest in years? 

I don't believe you for a second lol

It's not soft at all anyway.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Sorry mate but watch it again. You can't just raise your arm up in someone's face as you're running by them. 

The speed it all happens from the angle the lino is watching that from behind he's always going to give that. 

It's harsh from some angles but when you stop and think about it it's just absolutely dumb. 

Nah no chance has he meant that.

Just now, StanSP said:

Seriously? The softest in years? 

I don't believe you for a second lol

It's not soft at all anyway.

It's barely a yellow.

Torreira doesn't help him either. Goes down like he's been shot when the reality if he's brushed his shoulder/ear.

While trying not to sound like a Souness type. If that's a red then you'll be showing your card 2/3 times a game.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Nah no chance has he meant that.

So his arm bounces up by accident at the exact moment he runs past Torreira in a manner in which nobody's arm has ever bounced up? 

I would agree that I doubt he meant to connect near his head/face, as I just posted myself I think he's just trying to give him a bit of a shove to deliberately barge by him just to shit him up a bit. 

I would agree that he's probably a bit unlucky that Torreira's height has made it worse than it should have been. 

But none of those things are the ref's fault, it's Deeney's. He went to be unnecessarily rough and over did it, probably unintentionally. It's a red whatever his intent. 

• Like 1

Looks more forearm than elbow to me, intent to brush him but not gone in point of elbow to actually hurt him. It is a little harsh

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

So his arm bounces up by accident at the exact moment he runs past Torreira in a manner in which nobody's arm has ever bounced up? 

I would agree that I doubt he meant to connect near his head/face, as I just posted myself I think he's just trying to give him a bit of a shove to deliberately barge by him just to shit him up a bit. 

I would agree that he's probably a bit unlucky that Torreira's height has made it worse than it should have been. 

But none of those things are the ref's fault, it's Deeney's. He went to be unnecessarily rough and over did it, probably unintentionally. It's a red whatever his intent. 

I think he's trying to push off of Torreira's shoulder.

Torreira acting like he'd taken a punch off of Mike Tyson doesn't help. "Brushed" is the word i'd use to describe that contact.

20 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Torreira is too short for the grown ups game.

Yes - but would look great standing on the edge of a any garden pond.  Homebase should look to sell replicas?