sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think he's trying to push off of Torreira's shoulder.

Torreira acting like he'd taken a punch off of Mike Tyson doesn't help. "Brushed" is the word i'd use to describe that contact.

Push off his shoulder? For what reason?

It's obvious he was trying to rough him up. That's a foul in itself. The ball had gone.

It looks fairly obvious there was intention to make contact with Torreira, if he didn't mean to smash him in the face tough, because that's what happened, he initiated the contact and is responsible for his actions. He didn't even try and make a tackle. It was reckless and totally unnecessary. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Push off his shoulder? For what reason?

It's obvious he was trying to rough him up. That's a foul in itself. The ball had gone.

It looks fairly obvious there was intention to make contact with Torreira, if he didn't mean to smash him in the face tough, because that's what happened, he initiated the contact and is responsible for his actions. He didn't even try and make a tackle. It was reckless and totally unnecessary. 

I'm not suggesting that it's not a foul. It's just never, ever a red and it'll probably be overturned on appeal.

"Smash him in the face"? do me a favour.

Deeney does put himself in it, doesn't he? Slags Arsenal off for having no cojones last season then misses a penalty, calls a player a loser then gets sent off 10 minutes into the next match.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

A Man Utd fan is hardly going to say anything different is he?

Get sick of saying this( not aimed solely at you)

Do you not think for one minute Sky and the media hype it up on purpose.If not you are so naive.

Man City seem streaks ahead in football and players and for someone to get near and maybe go down to the wire on high 90 pts it is some title race.Its business.

Yes,it will never eclipse ours,but we were in the news and papers for weeks.

Kept every paper for days afterwards for keepsakes and it was vast.

Majority of Liverpool fans near me are sound and when we won it were saying unbelievable and well done

Spurs ( loads of them) mainly cocky,delusional twats were bitter,and still are.A few exceptions mind you.

For the record I have NO connections to Leicester whatsoever, so I feel it really odd that someone from Leicester supports a different team,I just don’t get it,and probably harder for me to get as riled up as most on here.

I get why they do a lot of it (although not quite sure why it's so pro-Liverpool) but it doesn't mean I'll pretend I like it.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Deeney does put himself in it, doesn't he? Slags Arsenal off for having no cojones last season then misses a penalty, calls a player a loser then gets sent off 10 minutes into the next match.

obviously likes going from hero to zero. keeps him grounded

Well done on all the anti Liverpool posts. 

I'm proud of each and every one of you👍

I live in Bedford, its full of them, they are utter gobshite bastards and they are getting very very excited. 

Come on City 

• Like 2

Just now, Hollyfox said:

I live in Bedford, its full of them, they are utter gobshite bastards and they are getting very very excited. 

Come on City 

We probably know some of the same people but regardless I have the same feelings lol

None of them have ever step foot near Anfield, either. 

19 minutes ago, Corky said:

He’s a hypocrite. Always been like it. Preaches all this reformed character and then does thuggish stuff like that tonight. Clearly wants to connect with him 

8 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Come on City 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We probably know some of the same people but regardless I have the same feelings lol

They’re going to be insufferable.... I fear they will get it now and it will be like no one else has ever won it ....  will be seriously peed off !

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I used to have a very dear disabled friend, who was a massive red. 

Although we argued non stop and he always tried to get me to soften my stance, I would never budge. 

Sadly during the season that they came so close, he was diagnosed with the big C and I told him during his last few weeks in the hospice, that I hoped they would get over the line for him to cheer him up a bit. 

He told me to **** off and stop being a soft twat and don't change even if it was to pity him😄

I never did, I never will👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Watford deserved a point there. Couldn't tell that Arsenal had an extra man. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

How bad are arsenal??

we really should get a result in two weeks 

I was staggered by the amount of space and time they left even against ten men. A total contrast to what we experienced on Friday. 

Isaac Success has got to be the worst player in the Premier League. Discuss 

Watford didnt deserve to lose. And after seeing the red card issue several times, i stand by that it was a harsh red. Arsenal were absolutely pants. 

If that game was City and Vardy who got the red, we would all think we were robbed. 

Good grief - didn't see this at the time. We cannot allow clubs like this to win trophies or finish top 7. Tinpot as you like.

19 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Good grief - didn't see this at the time. We cannot allow clubs like this to win trophies or finish top 7. Tinpot as you like.

I dont think we are allowing them anything.. they are playing better than us (as sad as that is) Not sure if you watched the game against Arsenal tonight, but if you take the 1st 10 mins out of the equation they were the better side. 

If Watford win the FA Cup and/or finish 7th i will be gutted (and super jelly) but they have had a decent season and have won it on merit.

I just hope that next season it will push us on to do better and achieve the same.

#allwaystheoptimist

Edited by Suzie the Fox
Inappropriate use of certain words
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I dont think we are allowing them anything.. they are playing better than us (as sad as that is) Not sure if you watched the game against Arsenal tonight, but if you take the 1st 10 mins out of the equation they were the better side. 

If Watford win the FA Cup and/or finish 7th i will be gutted (and super jelly) but they have had a decent season and have won it on merit.

I just hope that next season it will spur us on to do better and achieve the same.

#allwaystheoptimist

Excellence post... 

Except for the word 'spur'!! 

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Excellence post... 

Except for the word 'spur'!! 

I was unsure when i typed it.. i will of course go back and edit to something less venomous. 

24 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I was unsure when i typed it.. i will of course go back and edit to something less verminous

Corrected for you. 

• Thanks 1